Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by zeybek, Mar 24, 2011.
Test server is open again
( need help to score page )
FHWB community, read this:
Alms could save our friend. It is simple.
FH server: Now with more players!
UP will be soon updating to 4.10.1
New AWT Map pictures
map edit by Arttii
New stats page
Nice will you update to 4.10.1 once UP also goes 4.10.1?
4.10 brings alot of good new features. (such as the in-built moving front )
Great job! Thx.
IL-2 WarBirds server now 4.11.1 + HSFX to try war-birds.com
Is there anything for Cliff's of Dover? If we have Steam, is it compatible?
Hi Uncles, our game IL-2 1946 you can find easily.
Unfortunately, we're not flying in other games.
IL-2 WarBirds server now 4.12.2 + HSFX7.1
New score system active
I've finished (I hope! ;D) working on the new separate fighters and bombers score. Don't expect any visual or graphic changes, it still looks pretty much the same but there are a few important changes, and I'll just list them here to prepare you for what's coming (will activate the new system in a few days).
- Each sortie you make will either be a fighter or bomber sortie, depending on the plane you fly. This is 100% customisable by us, so we can select which planes should count as bombers, and which planes should count as fighters. For example a Beaufighter sortie will go as a fighter (no matter what load), but take a IL-2 or Ju-87 and it will be a bomber sortie.
- All your statistics will be divided into fighter and bomber statistics. You will also have the option to see your combined (fighter + bomber) statistics. One very important thing here is: streaks are now separate. If you die in a bomber it will NOT delete your fighter streak. Also if you kill someone while flying a bomber, this will increase your bomber air streak, but will not change your fighter streak. Both fighters and bombers still have air and ground streaks and you still get extra points for kills with higher streak.
- Main score page will now have two tables, one with bomber score and one with fighter score. To fit both tables on one page they have been simplified - they have only the most important information. If you want more detail, there are separate full info (like is now) tables for fighter, bombers and combined (fighters + bombers - exactly as is now) score. These separate tables are on separate pages, accessible via 3 buttons.
- Pilot score pages also has these 3 buttons on top to switch between fighter, bomber and combined score. Currently displayed score is indicated by a green highlight on one of the buttons.
These buttons work using cookies (actually only one cookie) and anything you select is remembered for the lifetime of the cookie (30 days). If you should encounter any problems with the new system (some errors that make it impossible to use the new score, because some bad info was written to the cookie and now score doesn't work for you so you can't change that) please remove the cookie from your browser. You do not need to delete all of them, just the one for our stats domain. I tried testing everything and this SHOULD NOT happen, but you never know
- When I switch ON the new system, I will disable ToD history. You will not be able to see previous scores. This is simply because the old data would not work with the new system anyway and would only display lots of errors. The data will not be deleted or lost and I will try to make it available later, but no promises, it might be impossible (read: very time consuming).
- One final bad news: not all of score was changed to the new system. Squadron score still works as before and shows only combined score. Also you might find other places which have not been changed. Where it makes sens to make the change please let me know. Even if I don't do it now, we will have a list of needed work for later.
I plan to activate this new system and let everyone use it, gather more data and feedback and see if you guys like it or would like to change anything. All improvements and changes can be made later, but I think if there are no big problems, we will first concentrate on 4.12.2 and HSFX7, so all of this might take a while.
The switching between pages is a little fiddly and may not be obvious at first. I tried making it in line with what we have now and it was a hard compromise between usability. I will accept any reasonable propositions for changes if the current version turns out to be really bad, but there are some underlying limitations in code of scripts and general build of current scorepage system (made by the original FBDj guy, thanks for all the work ) and some things can't be easily changed because of this and I don't want to spend a whole lot of time on this (actually, I already did anyway...).
Just letting you guys know what's going on. In case you want to save something from the old score (some screenshots of your shiny medals? ) now is the right time
Separate names with a comma.