Interesting document about German fighter attacks on American bombers

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Red Ant, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

yup. browsed today.
    only table xxi is readable (fig 29a, 31), others have too much math :shuffle:
    from fighter-fighter pages i understood nothing yet.

3. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

I looked at that document, pretty amazing. A lot of work went into it. But what for? the war was over...a waste of money in a way. This document illustrates the incredible amount of money time and resources that go into warfare, arms production, etc.

It reminds me of a time last summer when I met up with an old timer who was a canadian infantry soldier, a veteran of WW2. he has a part time job running an infantry museum in my home town. This museum is actually an old house and virtually no one ever goes in there..

One day I noticed the door to this old house was open, and i walked up to see if anyone was in there and met this guy..he gave me a tour of this museum. it was filled with all kinds of ww1 and ww2 rifles, machine guns, grenades, sten guns, bren guns, tommy guns, gas masks, german helmets from ww1 and ww2, uniforms, german handguns galore, most of them souvenirs from veterans that just donated this stuff...

I saw a picture of a guy who looked about 18 years old, an old black and white picture, one of many in the place and I asked this guy if any of these soldiers were still living around here. He said "not him, that was my brother, he was killed..."

I felt kinda sick when he said that..

But anyway this guy went on to tell me that after the war ended there was a huge field about a mile away where tens of thousands of soldiers became demilitarized after the war, handed over their uniforms and signed a bunch of papers then they were free..and this guy was telling me that that no one even remembers any of that, there is no record of it at all. Now that field is just houses filled with fuckin pakis.

He had this look on his face like he fought for the wrong side or somethin.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

WASP demography is not a problem of pakis. want to face them - procreate immediately and ceaseless.

as about museum: make a couple of visits with your children and museum would be worth of installing.