Interesting Tempest evaluation report

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Red Ant, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

2. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

I have found the Tempest is better fit with an armor tank than a shield tank. Then again, for fleet duties you'll be fitting 1400 howies anyways, and with the powergrid those consume you'll be hard pressed for an armor tank. Even then, shields are more useful, because your lows will be filled to the brim with damage mods.

[​IMG]

Isn't she a beaut.

-Z

3. Red Ant

Hmmm? What is that, EVE online? :dura:

4. demian

demian Well-Known Member

antred u sound like my friend gandhi with that "lookie" thing.
    What is next? Car picture "edit"?:shuffle:

5. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

yeah ant, the only legitimate aviation threads are demian's whining ones, so stfu with ur interesting reports

6. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

nice find ant, will read it as soon as I sober up enugh to stop those letter from running away fromme!

7. demian

demian Well-Known Member

Actually , i liked that post.
    ITs kinda better to read about tempest than about vasco, general and li2 rate:)
    <suck me> vasco:ass:

8. demian

demian Well-Known Member

FW 190 D-13 /R11, Museum of Flight Seattle (USA)

This worldwide single still existing FW 190 D13, a successor of the D 9 , was captured when the war came to an end at Flensburg. She belonged to the Stab of I./JG26 and it looks, like this plane was the personal aircraft of the? Geschwaderkommodore? Major Franz Götz, because she carried the word ? Kommodore? (commander) at the cowling..

In Flensburg she received the provisorical transition number ?USA 14? and should be transported to the USA.Meanwhile some RAF - members came to the idea to organize a testflight between a British Hawker Tempest and a German FW 190 ? Langnase ?(longnose) .They organized a German pilot , the commander of JG 51, Major Heinz Lange and some ground crew from a nearby prison camp. The weapons were removed (why ...... ;o) and the plane was fitted with fuel for about half an hour. Everybody was keen to see a dogfight under equal circumstances - one against the other - to get some more information about the quality of the different planes .....

The ? dogfight ? took place at an altitude of round about 3000 Meters (9800 ft) and showed, that the two planes were nearly matching each other.It looked, that in this case, the quality of the pilot was the most important thing. At that day, the German pilot proved to be the better one and forced the Tempest into a position which would have sent her down, if he would have been equipt and willing to do so. After this happened, there was some kind of discussion between the English and German observers .....

9. Red Ant

Wow, that's cool. :) Though I wonder ... why didn't the Brit just Alt-F4? :p

Anyway, the Tempest evaluation mentions a comparison against a "FW.190 (DB.603)". Does anyone know what type of Fw-190 was fitted with a DB-603 engine??

10. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

FW190C, prototype FW190D V25&V26 (D2), FW190D-14/15 and Ta-152C

11. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

With shield tank you can nano it. ;)

12. Red Ant

Ah, cool. Thanks. :)

13. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Yeah, but they nerfed that :p

-Z

14. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Ah... so when a Tempest with half fuel meets a 262 with half fuel at 3000 meters, they would have an idea of the outcome...

Oh Brother......:rolleyes: