Isnt it time for another invasion threat?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by grobar, Sep 23, 2008.

1. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

:)

ok, one of those underreported invasions that somehow feel more 'ok'

"A secret order issued by George Bush giving US special forces carte blanche to mount counter-terrorist operations inside Pakistani territory..."

"Following Bush's decision, US navy Seals commandos, backed by attack helicopters, launched a ground raid into Pakistan last week which the US claimed killed about two dozen insurgents. Pakistani officials condemned the raid as illegal and said most of the dead were civilians..."

"James Appathurai, a Nato spokesman, said the alliance did not support cross-border attacks or deeper incursions in to Pakistani territory....
    Nato has 53,000 troops in Afghanistan, some of which are American. But the US maintains a separate combat force dedicated to battling al-Qaida and counter-terrorism in general."

"Pakistan's armed forces chief, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, said the army would defend the country's sovereignty "at all costs". He went on: "No external force is allowed to conduct operations inside Pakistan."
    He denied there was any agreement or understanding to the contrary. His comments were widely interpreted as a warning to Zardari not to submit to the American importunity..."

"Until now, Washington has regarded Pakistan as a staunch ally in the "war on terror" that was launched in 2001. But the alliance has been weakened by last month's forced resignation of the army strongman, former general Pervez Musharraf, and his replacement by Zardari, Benazir Bhutto's widower.
    Polls suggest most Pakistanis favour ending all counter-terrorism cooperation with Washington...."

"Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the joint chiefs, and Robert Gates, defence secretary, told Congress this week that victory in Afghanistan was by no means certain and the US needed to take the fight to the enemy inside Pakistan..."

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Heh, looking to stir up some shit, are we grobar? :D

3. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

quite right you are, although I will not dare to hope for 11 pages of it :) :)

"Pakistani tribesmen representing half a million people vowed to switch sides and join the Taliban if Washington does not stop cross-border attacks by its forces from Afghanistan..."

"...but incursions by the US could ignite the area."

" ...tribal chiefs from the area called an emergency meeting on Saturday. "If America doesn't stop attacks in tribal areas, we will prepare a lashkar [army] to attack US forces in Afghanistan," tribal chief Malik Nasrullah announced in Miran Shah, north Waziristan's largest city. "We will also seek support from the tribal elders in Afghanistan to fight jointly against America.".... "

"During the past month, there have been seven US missile strikes in the tribal area....
    A US ground assault in south Waziristan provoked a sharp rebuke from the Pakistan army."

" But Ayaz Wazir, a retired Pakistani diplomat who is a tribal chief from south Waziristan, warned: "If the Americans are coming to sort it out with force, they would create more enemies. The Americans might have supersonic jets and we might have to fight with stones in our hands, but we will stand up."... "

"The heightened US activity comes just as some Pakistani tribes have risen against the Taliban in the border areas of Dir and Bajaur... "

"But hatred of America would far surpass any dislike for Islamic extremists."

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

I have spotted a significant little wisdom in the past couple months:
    There is little that is new under the sun.
    Ad nausium.
    What a load of shit these 'headlines' are.
    I am going to confine my cares about current events and 'world affairs' to the following:
    War sin killin' and a-robbin', the say the world is one big problem.
    I got one and I'll tell you now:
    I can't find my guernsey cow

Stupid fuckin people busy wasting lives over things that don't [or shouldn't] matter worth a fuck.

5. bot

bot Well-Known Member

"""""""""""""""""""""

"Bush has three testicles"

"Recent polls show that all humans will die"

"Right now you are the oldest you have been and the youngest you will ever be."

"This is a stupid fucking thread" <<<< that one is from bot

6. bot

bot Well-Known Member

world is full of dumbfucks

"April 13th 1941 Soviets and Japanese sign neutrality pact."

"I wish USA was like Russia"

7. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Re: world is full of dumbfucks

you mean that stalin should not go into china to destroy quantung army?

8. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Re: """""""""""""""""""""

it is easy to be dismissive, when you dont happen to live in the latest warzone.

Thats why terrorists were invented. To bring your war back to you.
    |
    |
    V

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  9. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

10. bot

bot Well-Known Member

the point is

Russia is far from perfect that's my point.

It's all a matter of perspective. I wonder how the people of Southern Sudan feel about Russia these days. I imagine having your children nailed to trees under the watch full eyes of Russian supplied military Helicopters would dredge up some resentment. Imagine walking 2000 miles starting at the age of five, after having your entire family killed with Russian supplied weapons and converted bomb-dropping cargo planes.

Yeah American is to blame always.

Grobar not all Americans are war mongers. Ironically the Americans that support all these bullshit invasions and bullshit politicians are the "religious" people of our country. They are some mentally-sick ignorant mother fuckers!

But..................

You are worse than them because you are a disgusting hypocrite, how dare you point out and insult other countries without acknowledging the shortcomings of your own. That is worse than ignorance, because you know better...............

Sorry exec I don't know what you are referring to, I will look it up later today.

11. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

Re: """""""""""""""""""""

Yeah. You are right.

Any terrorism we have had in my country has been almost comical.... and easy to make light of....

12. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Re: the point is

thats good! tell your government to keep up the good work!
    if I was canadian, i would write a letter to my MP: "as your constituency I would like to thank you, for not making the rest of the world fund terrorism against us..." :)

here also the last terrorsist act was in the 1980s.
    its not because our intelligence service are any professional

but my worry is that the likelihood of a bombing is ever increasing. too many shitty things are evolving...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  13. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

LOOOL!

you know i got the exact same PM message in august!

cant cite it now (it was in russian anyway), but ran like
    "so do you feel happy now? the people of Tzhinkvali are being murdered with weapons sold to georgia by your country!" etc. etc.

Yes, you are right, I think I do know most of the shortcomings of my country, and I would acknowledge them if anybody put the question to me. Nobody has.
    I think that is good: we werent so awful if few people have heard about it.
    But what can I do to not look like a hypocrite? :(

However, I will state here a big advantage of my country's shitwork over your country's:

If I wanted to learn about 'the other side's' opinion, I just have to go to the ring road, wave my thumb and in one hour I can be with the 'victims', in their coffee shops, discussing in person over a glass of rakiia. :eek:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  14. bot

bot Well-Known Member

Damn dude you are really fucked up if you think Georgian thing was anything remotely equal to what has been going on in Sudan for 20 years.

15. bot

bot Well-Known Member

Re: world is full of dumbfucks

Yeah Stalin was a hero alright.

My point was, exec, that no country is perfect, so it's silly, elitist and hypocritical to constantly bash other countries.

BTW USA is jacked up....... I don't argue that, but fuck I live in it, I don't need some dude living 6000 miles away to lecture me.

I have no doubt McCain will be our next president and I hope we have a civil war over it...............but that will never happen because the people that are anti-McCain are the educated and respect human life, so we are fucked.

16. zh

zh Well-Known Member

One man death is a tragedy - death of millions is statistics.
    Iraq have already lost more people last 3 years then previous 20 years...imho.

"Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the joint chiefs, and Robert Gates, defence secretary, told Congress this week that victory in Afghanistan was by no means certain and the US needed to take the fight to the enemy inside Pakistan..."

Same as with georgia's army - it was "...needed to take the fight to the enemy inside ..." Georgia.

17. bot

bot Well-Known Member

Thank you for reinforcing my point.

You don't see Americans starting Russia bashing threads, we have enough to worry about.

18. deadmeat

deadmeat Banned

Terrorism is illegal as well. What'd they expect for, trying to speak out those bastards off of their bushes and talk em not to bomb civilians from now on? They'd be just laughing at it.

99,999999% of the victims of terrorism are civilians as well. Would them wanna say terrorists allowed for that, the others not?
    BTW i guess twas the same ole tactics of terrorists - placing their missile launchers, training camps etc into the middle of towns, right next to schools and hospitals. Good old propaganda, war is not one sided. Never.

Dont ya think those terrorists are good guys. They'd kill you and your family as well as they're killing anyone, infidel.

19. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

grobar = garbage or atleast very similar, been this way since H2H days :)

20. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

exec, may i ask for a ban here? (above) :)

----

sorry, i think you are completely missing the point of my posts?
    i hope its just because my english is not that good.

It is interesting that information about unpleasant actions perpetrated by the US immediately stimulates most american forumers to start throwing personal insults.

I think russians behaved much more gentlemanly when we questioned their actions in the Caucasus. No?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008