It is not a good time to have elections during this pandemic

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by hezzey, Oct 27, 2020.

1. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

It is not a good time to have elections during this pandemic.

well there is a big one happening in Murika right now I don’t think they can stop it I don’t think my country could stop a federal election either where I live we have just had a provincial in a province, another one is in the process right now and another province..... and it is said it is going to take 6 to 8 months to count the ballots...
    Which begs the question how the fuck are the Yankees going to do that and what are their armed rebellious half educated hordes going to do?
    Oh another question what would The Russian federation do if they had a electi......
    Oh wait a minute they’re not gonna have any elections anymore are they OK.....
    Rrrrr

2. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Just imagine a country with a population of Canada, where there are 21k cases a day.
    (yeap, that's Poland today)

What else do we have?
    We do have a Constitutional Tribunal taken over by the politics of the ruling party.
    What does this caricature, prosthesis of a normal tribunal, in the panel of a shitload of morons do?
    It rules abortion due to congenital foetus defects non-constitutional.

And guess what?
    There're (surprise, surprise) hundreds of thousands of women marching on the streets.
    Not just in the biggest cities, no!
    Even in smaller towns, even in right-wing ruled and extremely conservatist south-east Poland.

We're going to get fucked...

3. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Hi frogging.
    I deleted the body of this message it’s long winded and pessimistic

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  4. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Get in line shut your mouth do as you’re told.

5. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

I'm not going anywhere without putting my mask on.
    I'm keeping the prescribed distances in stores, and only shop when I really need to.
    I stopped commuting using public transport (I cycle or drive to work instead - depending on the weather - had to buy a second car to do so, cause Frau took mine to get to work).

The problem is, some people still don't.
    I'm buying a new house right now (silly, ain't that?) and had to do all the related stuff (credit risk assessment, credit consulting, mortgage applications) in person - all the people at banks, the real estate agents, the notaries - all of them kept their mouths covered, hands clean, distances.
    And that's even when our culture strongly demands a handshake in finalizing larger transactions.
    And so what?
    Get some groceries, and you're almost certain to encounter one of those, who believe it is "plandemic", and refuse to wear their masks, refuse to keep the required distance when queuing, spreading the virus.

So if you ask me - I am getting in the line and keeping my mouth shut.
    Cause I believe it's better to.
    I joined one of the protests - cause it had to be done. Yet I kept my mask on, kept my distance.

The problem is, our government is playing dumb.
    First they "extinguished" the pandemic with gasoline (the schools were all open till last week, now the first grades of primary school, including my daughter, are still at school).
    Now they "limit" social interactions by bringing people out on the streets, protesting against their idiocy.
    Way to go! (if you want to have a revolution cooking soon)

6. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Covid 19 cannot be wished away!!
    Good for you, well done, well said Froggy!
    We are all in this together.
    I really don’t like it when there is a localized Civil War or a globalized one when the two factions are divided into morons versus smart people.
    I do fear there are people in power weather cultural or real Politik who only want to disrupt and destroy.
    There are a couple of national leaders that I could name but I am trying to eat right now I don’t want to upset my stomach
    There are a couple of national leaders that either pretend to be stupid bruits or are stupid bruits.
    Changing our behaviour and practising things like distancing adjusting our groups personal tracking is inconvenient as hell but I am going to do all I can to conform with what science is begging us to do.
    I am not going to cut off my nose to spite my face.
    I am not proud of it I am just a citizen of humanity trying to do what is best for all of us and to a lesser degree I am trying to keep angry old grannies from pointing at me or posting notices on my door.
    There was a pandemic in the early 20th century it was called polio nobody knew where it came from what caused it all of us humans had to be physically distanced tracked quarantined for real. They were cops and soldiers all over the world in every single neighbourhood every town every country and those people were ready to arrest refuseniks and bring them to prison camps .
    The polio epidemic was reaal, so was the flu during and after the first world war And those plagues occurred over and over again. humans had not even discovered viruses I believe they were hypothesis and they were only discovered because of the accidental Discovery of stuff that killed what was on a Petri dish.
    We humanity did not know what was causing polio or influenza or the bubonic plague or syphilis or viral tuberculosis or viral hepatitis we didn’t know....eventually we did isolate and discover at least one but we were wondering around in the dark for thousands of years.

We are all in this together and like it or not shit or get off the pot!
    Peace froggy thanks for being here I hope you are well I hope your wife and children are well who right now I am eating some Lebanese food there is a tiny restaurant in town that serves the best Arab cooking around here
    I love that stuff.
    I don’t give a shit if Arabs don’t eat pork I really don’t give a shit I just eat whatever is tasty I really would prefer not to eat rats or earthworms but Lebanese cooking is just super!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020