It Was the End of the World

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by OldUncles, Nov 9, 2021.

1. OldUncles

OldUncles Well-Known Member

And yet here we all are, still somehow living. This is a song that destroyed me when I first heard it. It's damned simple. But a damned killer. It drove me to despair... or it at least drove me into a state of confusion or depression when I returned home after the show. I was 100% sober at the time, but I felt as if I'd been drugged.

Why? To this day I don't know. But I think it's the composition combined with the archetypal sentiments, the emotions. Whatever it is/was, it always kills me.

Those who don't feel from music are savages.

hezzey likes this.
  2. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I was 12 years old.
    In Granny Brown’s upstairs just before granny had a bunch of rooms built up there for borders I had the upstairs to myself that summer and end the attic room was an old radio it was a thing that had to warm up and it glowed at night and I used to listen to CJJC really quietly next to the mattress that was there for me and I remember hearing that song it was country but I didn’t know that because that song was played on lots of radio stations I listen to it and I heard it and I knew what the composer was saying when he sang it and I remember being terribly sad and I don’t know why or I didn’t know why .

OldUncles likes this.
  3. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Now I am approaching my end I am content I am not afraid anymore but oh boy was I ever afraid when I was 12

4. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member