Kissing eachother

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by spaceb, Oct 1, 2003.

1. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

Yesterday I assisted to a presentation of a new OS called Zeta programmed and mantained by some german guys.
    When they saw argentinian guys (me and my friends) kissing eachother on the cheek to say hi they were really scared :D
    They even asked us if we were gays lol and they don't speak a word of spanish but they kept saying: "no besos" which means: "no kisses" when we aproached to say hi to them. :D
    It is very common to say hi with a kiss among guys, girls, and guys and girls... I wonder why foreign or non latin people think weird. We don't shake hands, only in a very specific ocation.

Is it the same in Brazil and Spain? :D

For the non latin people out there, what do you think about it?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2003
  2. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

What ever floats your boat. Here in the USA only a hand shake for men, and a kiss for the ladies. But if that is the custom in your country and you are amoungst coutrymen, then do as the romans do. :)

3. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Hi biz man ,nice to see around :)

As we uptighthomofobicks here up north meet, we just stare eachother silently for a 3-5 secs. ;) Do you use any tongue? :D Imho pretty repulsing to kiss any freaks bearded cheek ..1st thing that comes to my mind of kissing men is russians not Brazilians nor Spanish.(and WMCA)

<S>

4. vojtas

vojtas Well-Known Member

Here in Poland only hand shaking with guys (no kisses allowed! :D) Kiss is reserved only for babes :D

If a man kisses other man, he's probably a:

1) gay
    2) a close relative (but still they try not to kiss eachother so often :D)

5. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

In Holland, it sort of depends.... Close relatives, you kiss, male or female. Some immigrants (Russians, Turks) you can kiss as well. Me and (some of) my friends kiss as well, but that's mostly for the shock-value :) :)

6. arcdog

arcdog Well-Known Member

AFAIK it is popular in Belgium, but not much of the surrounding countrys, except some regions of France.....well, I live close enough to both to know about it. ;)

Keep cool guys, foreign countrys often means foreign rules.

btw....ever tried to kiss a lady outdoors in an arab country..... :nono: :nono: :nono: :D

7. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

There's plenty of Arab countries where that's no problem... Iraq, Egypt

8. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

Well here in portugal we use handshakes to greet each other. Dunno how it is in spain but I think it's the same thing.

NO I DON'T GREET MCOSTA WITH A KISS!

9. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

LIAR!!! LIAR!!!! :D

10. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Well, you're probably talking about Wallonie-Walloniл the French speaking part of Belgium, because over here where I live I've never really noticed any particularly odd 'kissing-to-say-hi' customs ;)

Those darned Wallons ;):p j/k

We kiss the girls though... shake hands with the guys...

<Z>

11. thrapt

thrapt Well-Known Member

in Brazil is really common to kiss the ladies, even the not-so-known. The man a handshake is enough or a hug if it's a good friend that you haven't see for a long time (or a relative)

12. Ricedd_EEB

Ricedd_EEB Well-Known Member

in brasil, kisses just for girls and close relatives!!

I agree with Jacobe: "Imho pretty repulsing to kiss any freaks bearded cheek"

@spaceb: i hope you dont come kiss me if we meet one day...
    Blaaarrrgghh :p
    i won't like!! really won't... :D let all of your kisses for your countrymates... :D

13. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Huh..you really think so?

That would only result in a loud *PERRKELE!!!*(swearing) accompanied with *MITД VITTUA?!?* (What the fucking cunt!!?). Prolly you'd get beaten up not so lightly. Any sane finnish guy KNOWS that another guy glancing at his general direction is either offensive or homosexual.

Truth is. When we meet we try to avoid any possible eye contact by staring our feet instead. It's only allowed to show your feelings after good doze of Koskenkorva booze. Otherwise youre stamped as gay, guaranteed.

14. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

Here we give a kiss on the cheek to unknown girls and boys. It is perfectly normal and it has nothing to do with being gay.
    We also give hughs to very good old friends and relatives.

@Ricedd_EBB it's just like bizerk said: when in rome do as romans do. So if i was in the US or Brazil i would follow your traditions not mines.

Shake hands among good friends is not very well seen here, it's like not the proper way to say hello. It's cold and you keep distance. At least that's how we see that around here. And say "hi" to someone from the distance without even shaking his hand is even worse :D not to mention shaking hands with a girl, except you are applying for a job and she is your employer :p

I know many americans girls and boys here (from interchange) that use our same traditions, and they are completely cool with it.

15. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Well, as said before, kisses for girls (number of kisses depends a lot from region to region, 1-3 afaik) and maybe a hug also (if a friend, specially if not seem for long). For men it's somewhat diferent (in my city) hand shake for unknown (maybe a hug if it's informal situation), hug for known and kisses to family and close friends.

16. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Here in Holland, when you greet a guy you never met before, you don't kiss him.

Instead, you get on your knees and suck his cock. If he gets a hard-on, you know he's gay and you've got a reason not to talk to him anymore :) :) :)

17. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

I know that when I meet a new girl, I usually lead them to a back room where we "talk".

Then I have vicious sex with them.

Either way it works! :D

18. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

ahh... afi, then you wake, up and have to change your underwear. lol ;-) sorry son, couldn't resist :)

bullet

19. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

LIAR !!! LIAR!!!!! :D

20. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

:@prayer: