later that same day in march

Discussion in 'I/JG54 Grunherz' started by tralkpha, Apr 20, 2003.

1. tralkpha

tralkpha Well-Known Member

mission: combat air patrol
    pilots: redley, -tralk
    aircraft: fw190D9
    flight time: 20 min.
    kills: 1 f4u by redley
    losses: none

after traveling by boat to f7 on leave we were requested by the local commander to investigate recent intelegence about enemy cv movements.
    the only aircraft immediately available had half fuel. we scrambled immediately anyway and climbed to 3k between f8 and f9. intel proved correct and we spotted sunlight flashing off the enemy fleet.
    one enemy aircraft was spotted at low altitude chasing one of our countrymen. redley dived to the rescue while i remained covering on perch. after reforming and returning to 3k we proceeded to the enemy fleet (staying out of ack range).
    we loitered for some time waiting for enemy activity. several dots were spotted and i engaged one. redley picked up an f4u on his tail. the f4u was unable to engage redley and i attempted to engage him when he ran. he was carefull to keep his speed high and i was joined by another friendly aircraft. my fuel was low and i was further away from redley then i needed to be.
    when i disengaged the f4u attempted to pursue me and was attacked by the other friendly aircraft.
    fuel was bingo at this point so decision was made to rtb. rtb and landing = uneventfull

2. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

tralkpha, we miss you! :)

when you will be online?

3. tralkpha

tralkpha Well-Known Member

awww =') i miss you guys too
    i dont usually know ahead of time when ill be around =\
    wb gets less time these days because of the great weather for school :shuffle: