LI and DM

Discussion in 'Game bugs' started by Tzebra, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

I try to approach most things from the aspect of balance, however the DM for the LI is a slap in the face of any reasonable and prudent person.

I have hit this plane with more than 2x 75mm and it has still flown.
    More than 10x 25mm and it has still flown.
    Emptied the entire ammunition magazine on a 109F4 and 2 respectively, and the LI remained in the air.

I am wondering at this point; since balance cannot be found anywhere, is this toughness a mistake, or inside joke?

I have not seen the JU52 come anywhere close to demonstrating this level of toughness --- just the opposite. The JU52 is an easy kill; as troop planes have always been from WW2 to Today.

2. Ritter gossie

Ritter gossie Well-Known Member

month ago i flew over enemy CV in 110 and got hit by 1 x 40mm - it kills my otto (what a hero), next 40mm dmg my flaps
    result: 2 x 40mm in 110 and no problem ....

once i ditch in 110 with 60x 20mm ( but mostly more then d5 )

i mostly use gunstats and often it happens i hit only flaps or 1 aileron by 30mm 2 or 3 times

remember there are a lot of parts in dmg model, not all are visible for an enemy f.e. gear, guns

you could also hit cockpit-control by 25mm-hmack, plane loose both aileroncontrols but a good pilot could fly home & ditch w/o ailerons or elevators ( and sometimes i think plane is faster w/o elevator )

part list for FW190 (not official - my old brain ...):
    engine, oil, fuel (3), gear (2or3), cockpit controls (3?), ailerons (2), elevator, v-stab, h-stab, flaps, guns (3?), pilot armor, pilot

so here are 18+ parts in dmg model ....

3. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

I landed with 3x37mm in my ju52, only flaps left and was wing overg...

Li2 is comparable with Ju52 in toughness, but Ju52 is with 3 ottos so is more deadly...

4. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

it's interesting that noone brings Li2's FM into discussion..

5. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

the roll rate again? :p (You people ARE joking when you mention the Li-2's roll rate, right?? ... I admit that I'm not quite sure :confused:)

6. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

one can't joke about that

:(

7. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

its not a subject for jokes ant

8. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

anyway, li2 was a war winner. i remember spuint telling a story his grandpa told him: that li2 was the best plane of the war, THE ace maker.
    and his grandpa never saw or even heard about li2, so he couldn't be biased.

that's what spuint told me

9. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

i remember one more thing my grandpa told me
    "germans had messerschmitts, fockewulfs, but we won the war... go figure"

btw, we had fancy chewing gums with li2 data and stories inside, ill try to find some and post them here later

10. milo--

milo-- Well-Known Member

I remember there was an order from lw high command telling pilots no to engage li2 under 6 km....

11. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Ah yes, I see you're indeed quite serious about this. My apologies for soiling the memory of that venerable plane by joking about it in a most inappropriate manner. :(

12. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

Just to TRY and be on topic...

I find that when I attack JU52's it's easier to bring them down than LI2.
    Although they (JU52)have 3 otto's, LI2's single otto seems quite often to be able to shoot below, even the gunpod sits atop the plane.
    Low 6, otto in LI2 or JU52 should not be able to hit an aggressor, but more times than not LI2 get hits in me as I sneak up from below... JU ottos seem to NOT be able to do this magic :D
    BUT if you make a real bad attack, JU52 can bring you down faster, using top otto with 12,7mm and side otto with 7mm.

...sorry to be on topic ;)

13. gonads

gonads Well-Known Member

I have found on several occasions that I have been shot to pieces by the Li-2 Sniper when 400-500 feet BELOW the aircraft and way outside the tracking area of the turret. Maybe the Russkies made a secret sphincter in the bottom of the Li so it can shit out killer bullshit to unsuspecting attackers from below???? I know, I know... Before you ask, I haven't saved the tracks. I will when it happens next time to keep everybody happy.