Logitech speakers should be illegal

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by Mcloud, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Okay folks, here we go:

A while back I bought a computer. A good one. Ever since I bought it I have had NO problems at all. I bought these Logitech speakers to go with it, two little speakers and a subwoofer thing. Logitech speakers are sold everywhere. Everybody carries these things, they are the top sellers.

Guess what. Remember that computer I told you I bought?
    Well, I turned on my speakers and heard a weird, 60 cycle kind of hum. A bad thing. I did what I was entitled to do, I turned by beloved PC on.......

Now I looked at the bottom right hand corner of my beloved HDMI 28" mother and there was a little red "X" over the speaker icon indicating that there was a problem with "my" audio.

Now I am getting a little mad...I ran this useless Microsoft windows 8.1 diagnostic tool which can fix a problem like this and it came back telling me that the audio problem could not be fixed.

SO...I go into control panel and guess what? It doesn't work at all. I can't even close my control panel. SO, I try to slide in from the right to go into settings and it won't let me.

I try to just turn the damn speaker power off and try to shut down my PC and "it" won't let me. SO, now I have to power off the damn PC and let it reboot, everything is still screwed.

Now I have to "refresh" my computer. First time I have ever done that. "It" won't let me.

Now I have to reset my damn computer and reinstall windows 8.1 again. God thing I have a built computer and actually bought the damn windows 8.1 dvd installation media. ;)

I take these speakers to the china man the next day and tell hime to check hem out and check out my pc while he's at it. He says my PC (the one he made) is fine, but "there is something wrong with "your" speaker system."
    (the one he sold me)

I told him to throw them out. He looked at me with a smile that only chinese guys can give. He knew, that I knew, he had sold me shit, and I didn't give a fuck about getting my money back or warranty bullshit.

:deal: :UU:

NOW. I get my PC back, go home, update windows (about 2 GB of updates to download) get my settings back to the way I like 'em :kruto:

And I say to myself: 2 products I will never buy again Volkswagen and Logitech.

So I think I spent 69.99 on a Logitech speaker system.

I go shopping for new speakers today...I saw a product, and on the product box there was some advertising. iT should some guys wearing normal clothes and they wee playing Gibson semi acoustic guitars (like mine) and playin through a Fender twin reverb amp. (a famous amp)
    It's like someone was telling me that they understood I am sick of shit quality. The company was Cyber Acoustics product was CA-3602 from Washington state I think, although probably "imported".

I bought the damn think on impulse.

Take it home, unpack it, and I shut my PC down. Hook everything up as instructed, put the subwoofer on the floor with the port facing a certain direction etc etc.

I turn on the Speakers power on the remote thingy, then turn on my pc..
    My Asus motherboard detects that I have fuckin done something and asks me about some stuff and then I get to click OK and start playin some YOUTUBE MUSIC.

Guess what, I paid 38.99 for the whole thing. and it BLOWS the shit out of my previous Logitech system. I mean I can't get this thing to distort. If I put it over 20% volume, it is louder and WAAAAAAAAAY more powerful that the shitbox twice the price and kill your PC for free Logitech crap. I mean, I couldn't believe the power. I thought maybe the bill was wrong or something, like it should have been 389.99 right? I had to keep turning it down FFS, the power was awesome.

The bass punches, it kicks and make the wall and even my desk kick lick you hit it with a hammer, like a heavy CRACK. :kruto: :mafia: .

So don't ever buy any crap from Logitech. GO with CA Cyber acoustics, totally incredible value. people are saying these things are in the same class as systems that are in the 500 dollar range (not you Logitech in your dreams)

PS:

The old way of doin things, like buying LEVIS jeans? Levis sucks now, they cost 75 bucks and will be destroyed (I mean destroyed, not nicely faded and comfy) in 2 months and is a totally different quality of denim. For 29.95 you can buy wrangler relaxed fit jeans and they are virtually indestructible and amazing comfort and looks too.
    Same story with DR. marten shoes. They used to be the best, now they are utter garbage which will not last 6 weeks before you have to throw them out.

"Name brand" means nothing anymore. And Logitech is crap, I KNOW it is.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  2. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

No sound card to go with em?
    Given that you have on-board video I will assume you have the on-board sound too [with it's own gain].
    Does your PC have on-board sound?

Or are you bitching about two speakers, their sub-woofer and it's OWN VOLUME CONTROLLER, or uh, what?
    If those are just some speakers, that have their own power supply, I don't understand what your problem is was.

Ya gotta stop buying shit from Chinese Freemasons anyway, I thought you knew that.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  3. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

I didn't buy the new stuff from any Chinese freemasons. All I know is I bought the new system, set it all up and booted up my PC and my PC knew what was goin on, it gave me a nice screen that I could click on the left channel right channel and everything was running good. No problems. I never bought a sound card, the new motherboards have everything apparently.

4. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

When you plugged those new speakers in, where did the jack go? Is it the kind of jack that little headphones have?
    If so, then, unless you were screwing around [taking guesses] they should have worked.
    No drivers disk, right?
    Then:
    [​IMG]
    Did you plug them into an audio jack?
    Then:
    [​IMG]
    That is what mine looks like.
    I did not get it done like Mr Spaceman either, it took some trial and error.
    And example of how confusing all of it is:
    [​IMG]
    See where the thing indicates that is the volume control for SPEAKERS?
    It isn't.
    That is Gain of the PRE-Amp, which is in your PC. A tiny amp, only strong enough to run those ear-bud things, you know the tiny tiny earphones you get in a airliner or at a dollar store?
    There is also a volume controller that sits on your woofer [if you have a woofer] or it might be on one of the speakers. THAT is the volume of the speakers. It is a attenuator for the amp that is inside your speakers.
    Note, there is usually no PRE-amp in speakers. Pre-amp is in your PC.
    AMP is in a speaker cabinet or the woofer.
    Turn the speakers down, there will be a knob. Way down, close to nothin'
    Then adjust the PRE-amp, which is the picture just above this writing, with that shit I circled.
    See? A gain adjustment for the the PRE-amp and a volume adjustment for the SPEAKERS, outside the PC, which have their own power supply, and an amp, but NOT a pre-amp.
    A pre-amp cannot run speakers, they take loads of watts.
    Need their own gain.
    Have their own volume knob.

Pre-amp should be 100%
    Then you can use the volume knob in the speakers, and never need to [or should] adjust the pre-amp's gain [AKA volume].
    Pre-amp gain should be 100%
    Amp gain all depends on whether you want to get evicted or not.

http://youtu.be/JZ017D_JOPY?t=2m50s
    :fly2:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  5. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Well I am impressed by all that stuff you wrote about speakers. And pictures too. :cheers:

Now, I admit that you are a lot better at computer stuff than me.

However. It seem that I should be able to turn up my (now in the garbage) Logitech system using the Gain or the attenuator or the low frequency cut off switch on the woofer or anything else.

The point here is that my PC should not get totally fucked because I had the gain at 25% and the other "volume" at 75% or versa visa or any thing else. Logitech should know that. They do.

Not mad at you just heard a humming sound from my speakers and all hell broke loose. still getting over it.

new Cyber Acoustics sound is very good. I was listening to Bostons long time and buddys Les Paul screams like it should, bass drum sound is good too.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  6. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Don't worry, man. I feel for you. Sound set-up is pretty confusing.
    I brought my new sound card home, stuck it in and nuthin except a thumping sound about 2.126 times / second. Oh I know, becuase I thohght it meant something, a message, so I timed 100 of them and divided by 100 so I could give that number to the guy at Geek Squad, just in case, you know?
    THEN the fuckin guessing began, the RISK TAKING. The head banging. The fear of having to go into town again.
    I had to adjust something, oh I knew that. BUT WHAT?????
    Lookie:
    [​IMG]
    As soon as some sound besides that thumping, uh, I mean, when I managed to fuck around and around and have a smoke, then fuck around and around and have another, fuck around and around and have a
    Never mind.
    When I finally got lucky and things seemed to work, I STOPPED EVERYTHING I WAS DOING, and I copied [backed up] a bit-for-bit restore the whole fucking system.
    I am so scared of fucking up this beautiful MSWindows box.
    My uncle said, you should get a mac.
    I said, yeah, and you are homosexual what do you say about that?
    :dark:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  7. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Yep these speakers are REAL good. I just threw out the warranty.
    For 38 bucks, they are astounding. turns out they are 65 watts. Unbelievable quality in the midrange, acoustic guitars and vocals, pianos and stuff are good, and extreme bass. I mean extreme heaviness, like way low frequencies.

I am learning how to sing. thanks to youtube.

%)
    GOT A CRAZY FEELIN' I DON'T UNDERSTAND, GADDA MAKE A MONKEY FUCK...

:rolleyes: :dura: :super: %)