Logitect Extreme 3D Pro

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by flygav, Sep 3, 2004.

1. flygav

flygav Guest

Has anyone had configuration problems with this stike and FH. As far as it unable to maintain profile settings? It will work for a few minitues then poof its all messed up and have to unplug and plug back in to reset it. pissin me off.

2. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

A logitec wingman 3d was mas my last joystick, and even though it lasted around 3-4 years, it sucked! I never had configuration probloms on FH but had lots of probloms with calibration.

Im much happier with my Thrustmaster TopGun Fox2......

3. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

ever one i know whos got one says they dont stay calibrated, espicialt the rudder

4. Helrza

Helrza Well-Known Member

had one for 3 weeks, founds its way to the wall very fast :)

had probs with it calibratin, rudder was a pain in the ass, turning left would cut the throttle down to 75%. dunno bout u guys, but i think its the shittest joystick in the world :)(then again, they dont make things like they used to :( )

5. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

With the microsoft sidewinder gone, I think the only "under $100" joystick that is truely worth the money would be one made by Thurstmaster.

6. Turboman

Turboman Active Member

One of the worst sticks i ever had or saw.
    The rudder pot is the problem with them. They use a little plastic pin to drive it, and it gets worn FAST!!! I did fix mine by putting a small piece of plastic wire cover on it , to make it fit better. Mine was forever spiky and losing calibration till i did this little fix. I dunno why the pot does this but it affects the whole stick and as i said it is just a fit problem.

7. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Yeap... better have someone to convince MS to start the Sp production again or the sim community will suffer dilemas :(

8. flygav

flygav Guest

Well they told me i should send it in it was defective, so they could send me another defective one, so on and so forth. So i decided to hell with the warrenty, Im goin in. Opened her up and they it was. the pott has a little plastic part that sopposed to center it, it was out a wack. and a little O'l WD-40, now it all works great. With the Clear Cali. program and DXTweek to calibrate {its a pain in the ass to figure out, just dont read the ReadMe youll be a lot beter off} the thing works great.

9. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Calibrating a js? What's that? BUAHAHAHA (MSSP user here :D )

10. --vipe

--vipe Well-Known Member

U dont know becouse your MS is new ;)

BTW My Cyborg Evo after 150 sorties works perfectly too, and for now I dont know what calibrating is

11. zh

zh Well-Known Member

have 1 MSSidwinders, 1 i ve gave my brother. They work for 2-3 years already.
    I ve never used calibration after installation :)

12. zh

zh Well-Known Member

--vipe, ur opinoin about Cyborg Evo ?
    Falcon said that's it quite similar to MSSP. And cost 55-60$.
    Gathering info to buy new joystick

13. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Hehe- nie wiem, bo MSSP jest niekalibrowalny... podłączasz i działa- nawet przy instalacji nie kalibrujesz :D W środku siedzi krasnoludek (czytaj mikroprocesor) i wie kiedy nie używasz js- wtedy ustawia punkt centralny znaną tylko krasnoludkom metodą ;)

14. --vipe

--vipe Well-Known Member

after 150 sorties in WB ( about month ) works perfectly, its good joy for left and right handed, and i dont know what calibrating is too ( yet ;) ) Its very comfortable. IMO its not very expensive (yes, about 60$)

15. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

I got my side winder 2 persion for 19.50 us dollors in a mall game store. was the only flight stick in store. they stoped selling flight sticks a year ago it seems. :) YOu cant beat that. 20 bucks for a stick that puts 80 dollers sticks to shame. :) the gye even said " that an old stick u know. I'm sure u can get somthing better elsewere."

:D "no no this was what i was looking for."

16. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

yes.. ms sidewinder 1 is great stick .. concerning reliability etc
    mine is 4yrs old.. good as new
    never calibrated it

17. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Have you ever seen a calibration tool for MSSP manoce? It does not have one, cause it doesn't need any :) The chip inside it makes it calibrate itself.

@Gryphn
    Nice deal, WTG! Shall You see some more in this price, pls. buy me one-> I'll cover P&P costs :D

18. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    I got a great deal on a sidewinder force feedback pro thingie. it was sitting in a taped up box. The guy in the store said it doesn't have USB. "Awwwww. Jeeez, that's too bad, NO USB????"
    I said, "Sigh.... how much?"
    He said, "I will give it to you for thirty."
    I said, "That's too much. I gotta get a game port working if I buy it...."
    He said, "how bout twenty?" I said, "[Sigh] Okay, you twisted my arm."
    I took it home and plugged it into my game port [which works fine....).

That stick is better than food!

19. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

good deal :)

20. flygav

flygav Guest

Re: Logitect Extreme 3D Pro / calibration- over or under

FYI for those interested fine tuneing a stick. DXTweek2 is for xp. Most times you want to over or under calibrat for the application you using. dont get frustrated {i did} figureing out how to use it. once you do it works real good. You can make a stick thats way too bounce and make it nice and smooth. http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm#DX Tweak 2