MACLOUD:

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by hezey, Nov 12, 2010.

1. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Copy of something I sent to whatsisface:

I will do what I can.

My style of hacking is dissorganized. I am a brain damaged guy [yes, I really am] and I have cognitive difficulties due to a frontal lob brain injury [and I am a smart-ass]:

I installed the game according to instructions posted by Boa and some others there,already on forum. But I had no keyboard either.
    I will assume you folowed the same instructions. Including correct installation of the hacks that came, I believe Boa made.... called "All in One" I will also assume you got to the login, got through it, and did not crash to desktop on plane choice.
    If so....
    what I did at that point, when I was in the game, but no keyboard, which was a lot better than what I had before, which was crash to desktop, was to take the folder/file structure of the current state of warbirds and the folder/file structure of fhlauncher and I backed those up with full path so they could be merged back into my C:\ in case I fucked everything up after that. Then... After backing up your WB and your FHLauncher directory structure as above noted
    TRY THESE NEXT:
    Warbirds (direct 3D) Properties>Compatability: UNCLICKED
    Privilege Level: Run this program as administrator.
    Settings: all of them turned off.

FHLauncher
    Properties>Compatability> Run this program in compatability mode for:
    Windows 98 / Windows ME
    Privilege Level: Run this program as administrator.
    Settings: all of them UNCLICKED.
    Keyboard might work.

I used trial and error method of compatability settings. That is why I had all the stuff backed up. SO that each attempt that was fail was just simply entirely deleted, without uninstalling, I manually deleted the folder/file structures and restored them from the ones I had backed up.

Good luck.

Oh: Do you know your way around Windows PCs? If so, it is possible to shrink your win7 partition and install XP into a new partition and duel boot......

I wasn't taking the piss out of you. In the forum and the sim I am Biles and am notorious smart ass. If you know any Canadians you might have clued into the fact that a cultural characteristic of us is that we enjoy sarcasm. Yanks next to us are taken by suprise when Canucks display our own outlook. Many people mistake us for Yanks. We aren't. We are as different from Yanks as Scots are to Brits. Maybe you already know that. So I wasn't taking the piss out of you, I was just behaving like a national stereotype [of which we are proud].
    Shit. Never mind.
    Good luck
    RSVP
    [deleted]
    Vancouver, BC, Canada

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010