Man, I hate my country

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Perdomo, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

Ok, enough of that "U.S. sucks, Russia sucks, Poland sucks..." when you're not part of those countries, what about a thread complaining about our own countries for a change?

I'll shoot first:

Things I don't like about my country (Spain)

- Given the average price of a house, you have to sell your organs to be able to buy one (house, appartament, flat, cave, part of a sewer... whatever), or... you can live in a shitty but too expensive rent one (that's my case, 550 ? for 60 sq.mt), almost half of my monthly wage (you're right, with what's left I have to pay such unimportant things as electricity, food, telephone, my car....and I am supposed to keep some money to be able to buy a house one of these centuries....).

- Our politicians suck. I know most of you will agree on this one about your own politicians, but trust me, I've lived in a couple of countries, spanish ones are pros at sucking big time. E.g. when asked about the prices of houses they can tell you such intelligent things as "in Europe there are countries where it's even more expensive", of course, they seem to "forget" that our wages are far below the ones of those countries...

- Girls. Yes, in a normal basis I hate almost every girl, but I hate specially the spanish ones. Yes, they are beautiful and all that, but they lack of independence, most of them are living at 30 years like the french ones at 22.

- Cops. Man I hate cops. I'm not talking about the ones saving people and arresting murderers, but about the local policeman that took my car because I had forgotten the papers at home, making me walk to my house and paying 80 ? to have it given to me the next day... he asked to see my papers because I was talking on the phone... with my car stopped!!! and there where assholes passing by at completelly illegal speeds, while robocop was almost arresting me for having stolen my car...the only reason he could think of to justify why I hadn't the papers...)

- Everyone in my country seems to believe that our food is the best in the fucking universe, and that the chicks in the rest of europe are hairy and don't shave their armpits, and that, for some reason, drives me mad (I love french food, and french girls, and italian ones...)

- Forests. This country needs rain. I know you foreigners come here seeking the sun and all that... but man, I need to see trees from time to time and feel the water in my face...

- Every region wants to be a nation and claims "historical reasons", and everyone wants his own language and traditions... ok, I think is good to keep traditions, but when you see that there are 10 different people supposed to have discovered america (depending on the region you live in)...

- Politeness. (Is that as it is said? I mean when people is polite). Most of people at shops don't even say "good day" or "thanks"... it makes me wanna say "you moron, all this fruits I was going to buy at your fucking shop, now I'm going to buy them in the other shop down the road, because you're fucking unpolite" but they'll surelly say "uh?!" and in the other shop i'll get the same attitude...

- You can't be proud of being spanish. Despite all of the above, If I dare to say that I am proud of being a spaniard, I'm treated as a fascist, because in spain most of the people thinks that only fascists love their countries, and that being patriotic is impossible if you want to be leftist.

ok, that's all for now, but I will sure as hell find more.

P.S.: Don't be shy, there must be something you don't like about your country, and being able of auto-criticism is always good.

3 people like this.
  2. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

jajajaj perdomo, last part is hilarious, it s all the opposite to US

i hate the TV, only shit (although sometimes i can watch the races of bikes)

1 person likes this.
  3. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

I love country, Brad Paisley rules!

1 person likes this.
  4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

All i can say is that i lived in France too, and i won't change Spain for France. Sure, there are forests. People says: "Hello sir, what do you want? How can I help you?". Policemen may be cool. And every stuff you may want. But they lack one thing. The charm you feel here.
    How many good friends (and i mean "intimate" friends) have you made up there? How many people has sincerely invited you to have dinner and so? Here, it's enough one month at your job post, and you can know some people you can speak to, you can go out with, and, with a bit of luck, rely on them.
    I live in Salamanca now, you know, plenty of foreign people, and i haven't yet met a single non-spanish i can trust. And you know i'm not hard-to-intimate-with (in the good sense of the sentence :p). I don't know, but that little thing makes me love to live here and be a spaniard, and i love Europe, but for turism, not to live at any other country.

5. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

ok, should I write about Bulgaria or UK now? :confused:
    i guess there is no point to write about my country because noone relates to it anyway.

Broz, french are fucking cool - both girls and guys! They happen to be like the only people here I can make friends with! and other bulgarians say the same.
    Well, maybe because I avent met any spaniards?

I can say the same you say for brittish, though.

And of course - the Balkans is the best! There is the real adventure!
    (i am suspicious middle east i might like more but i avent been there yet :()

Last edited: Jun 6, 2005
  6. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

so i guess we all love what we don't live with, and when you come to meet a people deeply, you find they're as shitty as you had never thought. That's why i love my country...

7. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

LOL, bastard :)

Mal

8. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I loved this rant from Trainspotting;

Although I dont think quite as badly of my country as Renton, he makes a valid point (Mal :D )

So what is shite about being Scottish?

1. It's cold, wet and/or windy for 50 of the 52 weeks in a year.

2. Our politicians are arseholes who would make even Spanish politicians look like statesmen.

3. We done the equivalent of selling your soul to the devil - about 90% of Scottish land is owned by English gentry.

4. We have blood-sucking midgies in abundance.

5. It's fucking freezing.

6. And wet.

7. We get excited about an Australian yelling 'FREEDOM!' in a movie that was set before Australia even fucking existed.

8. Our national football team is utter crap.

9. Our domestic league is shite too.

10. Sean Connery is an arsehole.

11. Its too damn cold!

1 person likes this.
  9. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

What the fuck are those? An infant vampires? In closet?

10. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

LMAO Glas!!

Btw, nice signature :)

11. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

my country smells like shit...
    no, that is not my country it is my toilet, sry all

12. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Roads suck in Poland.
    And Politicians (big time).
    And Wages.
    And maybe "american culture" that is flooding europe in past few years.
    Otherwise it's so so :p

13. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I don't hate Germany per se. Suffice it to say that I was born on the wrong side of the big pond by divine misfortune. I'm planning on rectifying this mistake at the soonest possible date.

14. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

well...i was born in the wrong age.....i think i will change this too

1 person likes this.
  15. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

i was born from the wrong cunt. Too bad i can't rect(um)ify it :D

16. Perdomo

broz you moron, you're my younger brother (I can't say "little" anymore, you gigantic piece of shit) and I love you, but this thread is about things you don't like in your country, don't make another of those -"yes they have the money, power, oportunities, girls, independence... but we spaniards know how to party"- statements that I hate so much, you prick... :p

17. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

18. Perdomo

Btw, I loved "Trainspotting" and that comment you posted, Glas, was one of the most hilarious of all the movie... but I met a Scottish guy when I was living in France and we had very good times together (Broz, Big-jo, there was nothing sexual there, stop thinking about it you twisted perverts :nono: :p :D :D ), he knew how to laugh and had a very nice life philosophy...

19. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

These little bastards:

[​IMG]

They seem to thrive in the Scottish climate, especially in the highlands and at the lochs, etc. Im lucky, to me they are just an annoyance. I think my blood isnt rich enough to their liking. My sis, on the other hand, always comes back from our camping and boating trips north like a leper, covered in welts from midgie bites.

Tourism is a big thing in Scotland. In a poll of tourists, they were asked what was the biggest single factor that would stop them returning to Scotland. The midgie won by a landslide...

20. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

If we were to do a '10 best things about your country', top of my list would be the good-nature of the Scots :)