Microsoft Email

Discussion in '{JG13} Loki's Kinder all welcome' started by JG13.RtM.Gmac, Sep 19, 2003.

1. JG13.RtM.Gmac

JG13.RtM.Gmac Well-Known Member

Just had an Email claiming to come from Microsoft which looked 100% genuine full Gates [Windows] Graphics etc.

With it is an attached program which it tells you to run to update your windows against the lates virus / worms.

We beleive that this is a worm program to do just what it says it prevents.

I deleted it without opening it I suggest you do the same if you get it.

Gmac

www.ironfoot.co.uk
    "Think On"

Taken from the Clan McLellan Moto meaning

"Remember your obligations & Promises"

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I had received about ~6 of such e-mails for last 2 weeks :)

3. JG13.RtM.Gmac

JG13.RtM.Gmac Well-Known Member

Originaly I deleted the sus Email and attachment.

I run AVG virus shield it found nothing, but when I left my pc on over night in the morning it had found Sven7 worm in C:\ System Volume Information_restore etc etc. It would say run virus program, when run it says clear, I ran Pcillin House call as well, it say's clear.

Next morning again worm found de da de da etc.

The problem is that the restore folder on Win XP is a Super-Hiden Folder and when you activate "see hidden folders" it still comes up dimmed and says it is empty. Its a Lie you need to follow Microsoft Knowledge Bases instructions 309531 to allow you full access to this folder then you can scan it properly, and in my case delete the worm.

I am obviuosly am not telling you to do this, or accept any responsiblity if somthing go wrong, it just for informations sake :deal:

Gmac.