Midway II - Final Balance

Discussion in 'Scenario / Tournament / Squad missions' started by ppedott_vibora, Oct 8, 2007.

1. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hi!

After an hard afternoon yesterday, and a though week before it planning, Im proud to claim the victory at our great scenario for the Gold side, due the rules that was set more than a year ago as we can see at Maletin's Wiki :

Having the objectives in mind, me and alemao set the main idea of battle:
    Try to get close of atoll with, at least one CV in order to allow its guns to perform the close of fields.
    The event proved we was right.

Chapter 1 -Naval forces:
    To achieve it, first we split the Carrier Striking Force in 2 forces:
    Force 1 F4 Hiryu, the shark bait. that will sail by shortest way to midway, in order to atract enemy forces and eventually being sunk. From this doomed ship, all pilots took off (first wave) in order to use the maximum of planes of this ship, due the fact we planing to lose it. I personally took her helm and colud avoid most of fierce red attacks, untill. the end.
    Meanwhile, the main fleet or Force 2 start in southern position (aprox) HDG 45 and it was suppose to sail undercover to atoll to bomb it.

Chapter 2 -Aero Naval forces:

Samurai Especial Unit:
    Lead by my most valuable Air Officer, Hugobb, the Samurai Especial Unit had the mission of protect main fleet (Force 2). Samurais took off from Hiryu after Tsunamis Attack Units, and went to defined point of render-vous with main fleet, and they get some patroll positions (hugobb can explain better, due Im not there to see it). In the firsts 2/3rds of action samurais did not see much action, but they was fundamental to protect F9 and F7 from criminal red attacks at end of event assuring the ships still sailing at end of event.
    Thanks to Hugobb and they brave pilots for the awesome job they did protecting my ships. The all Kido Butai never forget they efforts and they glory will be sing in kinder schoolls all over japan throught eternity.

Tsunami A Attack Unit:
    lead by volare, Tsunami A took off from Hiryu and perform CAP patroll at defined point during 20 minutes, after this time, they fail in find any enemy CV (this possibility was planned, also), so I sent them to bomb F2. After they perform first wave of attack in F2, I sent Tsunami A, now from Akagi, to close Field F1. Job partially done, becouse in the middle of attack Akagi's guns delivered a hell over the doomed field and close it, bringing us the Glorious Victory.

Tsunami B Attack Unit:
    lead by mikers at first and by alemao after, Tsunami B also took off from Hiryu and went to its CAP point, just like Tsunami A. As well as Tsunami A, Tsunami B didnt find any enemy CV and was sent to bomb F2 among Tsunami A. ended first wave, they got orders to regroup at Akagi and then was sent to close F2. job magistrally done in few minutes. after close F2, Tsunami B joins Tsunami A in the F1 job.

Congratulations to all D3A1 TSUNAMI pilots! Well done in proofing that the old'n'faithfull Vals could be a powerfull weapon to reach the victory. Without your performance closing F2 we never could win! As well the legendary Tsunami saves the Japan against the Khan fleet, you save our battle from defeat. Your Eternal Hollyness, The Emperor Hirohito himself will honored all of you Tsunamis with the Order of Chrisanthemus! wel done! And thank all of you.

following is the main tactical map conceived by me and alemao to win the battle:

[​IMG]

here an example of the partial orders sent to units:

[​IMG]

here a visual poem about the battle done by IJN Pilot Noshiro Iragawa:
    http://docs.google.com/Present?docid=ajktbbcmmdn6_128cwhvg3&fs=true

Thanks to all pilots that atteded the event, and specially <S!> to reds that, more the once get dangerous close to achieve the victory... if they had not attacked Hiryu after she respawn stopped and unarmed, if they had relied in SBDs (as IRL) instead in B17 (as FHL) for they attacks, and if they had attacked Akagi instead Soryu -F9 at end of event, certainly I will be here paying my tributes to red victory.

In name of
    The Your Eternal Hollyness, The Emperor Hirohito
    and
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    Commander in Chief of Combined Fleet -Nihon Kaigun,

sign
    Vice Admiral Chuichi Nagumo
    Commander of Carrier Striking Force -Kido Butai (First Mobile Force) and Carrier Division 1

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  2. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

CC, we patroled on pos 5,5,5 and have one recon zero over midway for better informations about big red formations. -cbfs- did a great job as recon. And me gain some experience as leader, hope the next one will be better.

Our zeroes start patroling in area in 5-6km and 2,5km, but after this long time our fuel gone low so I send 3 zeroes to attack planes near f1 and me and biber rtb for refueling and i plan change fighting zeroes after coming back.

But reds start attacking CVs when there wasn't any fighter umbrella. Half of fihgters were low or twr and half of them were rtb with low amno and fuel, so that was my fail. I gave an order "take off and fire at will, save our CVs as you can". Fortunatelly reds didn't destroy more than one CV from main group, and one was heavy damaged.

So some fighter cover was made at almost end of event and it move to F1.

Imho 1:30 hour isn't enough, it could be 2:30-3 hours.
    Icons were damn short:D

SALUTE to all pilots.

3. Franz-

Franz- FH Beta Tester

Tsunami-A Squadron Route:

[​IMG]

4. alemao

alemao Well-Known Member

Franz, how do you do the routes drawing?

5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

he charted the planes coordinates log

6. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

i believe, the plane-coordinates-logs are public available.
    anybody interessted to generate 4 dimensional radar-pictures? (altitute and time is also available)

7. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

8. alemao

alemao Well-Known Member

What about generate Google Earth Way points in KML file?

9. alemao

alemao Well-Known Member

10. hilmar

hilmar Well-Known Member

After almost two years, "Midway II" works and did it very well!!!
    Everything was like me and Vibora though at the beginning of this plan, when we saw the excellent Redbull scenario in FH. In "Midway II" there were liberty to COs, dinamic missions to pilots and fun for all.
    I hope that we have more and wait for good new ideas.
    Cgrts for everybody.
    Especial cgrts to Franz and Tabateam, because at this time the TH was perfect!
    Finally, cgrts to golds and their Admiral Vibora. You are luck guys! :)
    BB
    Hilmar (raposo)

11. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

congratulations!

regret i could not participate due to extremely bad internet in this segment of my life.

12. bazura

bazura Well-Known Member

It was a nice scenario. I flew a D3A but I enjoyed myself (I had good firing chances against F4Fs but I messed up, as usual). Also, as I was trying to get an external view (alt-v) I dropped the 250kg bomb (b) in one of the sorties. Next time, please disable external views or move the bomb button further away.

Looking forward to more scenarios! WTG admins and TY.