need help please

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -blue-, Feb 7, 2003.

1. -blue-

-blue- Well-Known Member

3 days ago warbirds started to give me this message when i try to run it: "No 3d acceleration, pleasu use 2d mode".

I did not change a thing in my system and 4 days ago it was ok.

I re-installed video drivers, now detonator 41.09. re-installed dx - now 9.0. re-installed warbirds. Nothing helps.

Aces High, Il-2, XvT - all other games run ok.

Btw, the 41.09 driver gave me a 15+ FPS boost in Aces High. I was amazed for its the first time ever a driver change did have some influence on my system performance. All the previous versions of Detonator drivers did not.

my video card - 32mb Riva TNT2
    pentium III 700 mhz
    dx 9
    detonator 41.09

and as i said, i did not do anything to my computer that could cause this. Have no idea what to do...

2. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

did you test on wb.eu, FH and iEN (original offline)?

3. -blue-

-blue- Well-Known Member

ofcourse. it wont work.

4. Tacmud

Tacmud Well-Known Member

sometimes same problem, but reset of computer fix it

This problem start when using FHL 1.5, version before no problem

5. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

mb it's riva tnt2 problem

how old is your graphic card?
    mine riva tnt2 is quite old and it is starting to cause me some troubles - like mssges from mpeg player like : srry no subtitles, your video card overlay mode was not detected etc..
    it does really weird things,, can't be explained in logic way i think :shuffle:

this card worked fine all the time till this january

6. -blue-

-blue- Well-Known Member

i have no other problems that could be connected to my vid card. everything works properly and with the new detonator my AH frame rate is like 25% better, as i mentioned before. it must somewhat software / warbirds related but i have no idea what to do with it. every thing works like it used to, and i did not do anything that could cause the Wb problem, it just happened by itself...

7. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

hi manoce,

are you using win xp, maybe you updated also media-player v9?
    it doesn't sound like device-failure, but more like directshow-filter problems...
    for me all the many players, using many different "supa-result" filters, make it sometimes difficult to get all things working.
    the more because win-mediaplayer likes to overwrite other filter-settings or change their merits every time it updates itself (what wmp loves to do :mad: )
    if you ever make a new os-install, get only those players which you need. i came up to windvd (pretty good filters for ac3-sound, subtitles and dvd-decoding) and zoomplayer (quite stable, good quality in mpeg4 and divx, and allows check and register of filters)

8. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

I have this shit problem too. First apearead in when installed XP, later found out it was a direct x filter (as ledade pointed), but I'm running a win2k now (having some problems with xp) and having the same problems (didn't installed any directx yet, so it's fresh old one)

9. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

well, the comments to the annoying behaviour of some media-players
    [wmp9 finally allows to deactivate most of it, qt6 is very shy, but buggy in windows, and realplayer... well, realone actually, is a reason for mass-murdering aunties in panties - everywhere you find it's traces, like a male dog peeing it's borders]
    were more to manoce's prob with possibly dshow...

regarding fla and blue, i won't think it is a problem with os or directx - maybe driver-install has done the evil?
    especially detonator's executables tended not to overwrite older dll's, when antivirus-check caused a lag during installation.
    furthermore, if new detonators were installed without complete uninstall of older drivers (including reboot in standard vga), it may happen in resulting more than one grafics-device in device-manager (and probably more than one monitor to choose in nview control-panel)
    for dx9, detonator40.xx and winxp there should be only one(!) choice for you in wb-setup to specify your 3d-device:
    "primary display-driver", otherwise additional files of other driver-versions have been found, which may have no valid for directx.

aah, and of course: sometimes "dxdiag.exe" is helpful (although i never found out, which of the 462 directmusic-devices i should use :confused: )
    if there maybe any need to work with cpl or sdk, be sure :)

hope to see you soon in the sky, good luck!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2003
  10. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

did you re-download FHL? from another source?

11. Ariien

Ariien New Member

I had a same problem and I thing that I tried everything possible.
    and only one think help me. I must reinstal my Win XP.Probably I had some bad drivers or what :ass: but when I reinstall win xp everything was OK :mafia:

12. RayV

RayV Well-Known Member

Same problem here!

I have: MSI Ti4800SE(Nvidia driver v4.13.0....), Win98SE, Directx8.1b, FHLauncher 1.51

Anyone has the Ti4800SE/WIN98 running in 3d? What drivers?

Ray

13. RayV

RayV Well-Known Member

OK, think i found the salution :)

Problem seemed to be an IRQ conflict!
    My USB controller was on the same IRQ as the video card under win98.
    I found out by first using DXdiag. The tool showed only 1,5Mb video mem while there should be 128Mb, and reported that there was no Direct3d support.
    Reinstalling direcxtX or display drivers was no solution :(

So i finally started MSINFO32 and went to the conflicts tab beneath Hardware and noticed the conflict there.
    Then i disabled the USB controller and rebooted the system.

Everything seem to work fine!!

Think this is the problem u guys have too, so try MSINFO32 and DXdiag for a report ;)

See ya online!

14. RayV

RayV Well-Known Member

Found out other thing after problem returned :(

Switching off/on direct3d accileration in Dxdiag seem to be the sollution!
    Also i placed this in my win98 system.ini

MaxFileCache=524288

That was because i use 1Gb of mem under win98

ALL WORKING FINE NOW!!! :cheers:

Ciao!

Last edited: May 13, 2003