New plane for WB coming soon

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by sonar-, Jan 5, 2007.

1. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

these ki vs 153 fight are awesome crap if ping is bigger than 200ms. And it usually IS bigger, so dogfight changes into star-trek warpfight.

imo removing both supaflies would improve game a bit.

2. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

liberate tutemae ex inferis

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

The other day I was flying a I-153.
    I looked at the roster.
    There were very few players. Helzra was one of them. He was a gold.
    There was bugger-all happenning. I was bored. I went and found a gold airfiled and hovered near it, waiting.
    A dot took off. It was a ki-27.
    I waited a little while then I went to attack him.
    There were no warps. My ping was nice and low and I think the Ki-27 flier had low pings too. He flew, he didn't do space ship manuevers. Everything was exaclty as it should look and feel, njo wierd shit at all.
    I swooped down on him, made a pass..
    I went to make another pass from an advantage. And I watched as the little bastard climbed a little and rolled and did some sort of a reverse Mongolian Upward Expanding Headband Maneuver, of some sort and then became glued to my ass and started to chop my snoopy plane up.
    I thought, to myself, fuck. THAT would be Helrza.
    Wasn't a thing I could do except try to make him work a little harder to shoot me down, which he did.

Ki-27 being a perfect counter for a snoopy?

Nope.

That fucking helzra guy could do it in a Wright Flier.

Bastard ;)

4. Helrza

Helrza Well-Known Member

lmao :) that was a fun fight mate ;) like u said, there wasnt any warps, no star treck manuvers, was a clean fight from start to finish.

ive had plenty of fights ki27 vs il53, all have been smooth and clean fights, but, ki seems to best it every time.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  5. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

hmm, I-153 has a powerfull engine and it really shows. I've had quite a lot of fights in i153 against ki-27 on TA and vice verca and chaika came out victorious out of 90% of fights. 4x7 against 2x7 also does make a difference...

6. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Just to make it more interesting. Who has the most heavily armed aircraft? best turners? best climbers and fastest? And I'm only counting fighter types. Why the Axis of coarse. And as Skycpt pointed out axis have a million different varients of 109 and 190's makes it a bit difficult to figure out how to fight first off because all you see is a 109 or 190. So it is a challenge at first sight to say am i fighting a 109f or g or k. i know they have different color schemes but, is still a bit difficult to tell them apart and some times a bit to late! So these factors I think make the complaint about number disparity null and void imho. But in any case i have no complaints tothe Axis getting a couple more fighters be it an Interceptor fight like the raiden jack or more various Italian fighters. But again the CAC Bommerang and the P-40N should be considered also. perhaps bringing the Spitfire IX with E wing back also. Also I wouldn't think more types of aircraft available for the CV's would be nice too. Thier were other fighter AC used like Hurricanes.

On a side note the Hurricanes should perform better in a turn then they currently do. I have heard that Hurricanes turned just as well as spitfires did in the battle of Britain. They just didn't have the speed as thier eliptical brothers the spitfires had.

<S> bullet

7. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

The Tempest is actually the fastest plane in game in lvl flight. It's also armed heavily enough, you don't need 30mm to kill a plane, 4x20mm is more than enough.
    The Beaufighter packs a great punch especially considered it's released so early on in the game.
    The I-153 is the best turner if you ask me.

I'm just pointing out that you have no idea what you're talking about.

8. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Tempest, yep good plane but 109k is right thier with it. fastest 262 and this is the end of the war. 4 20mm are awesome yes, but at that stage of the game every thing axis fly has 30mm. It is like dodge ball, one hit and your out. You still have a chance to live from a quick burst from the Tempest. Still think I have no idea what I'm talking about?

Beaufighter does pack a good punch (not that I ever fly it) but nice to have some cannons against Zeros and 109's heavy armament early on.

On the I-153, Ki-27 as mentioned above in the earlier posts. or even the zero/A6M still an awesome turner and is fast enough to run away at will. Throw ki-43 in thier as well.

al, I have been here far to long to make this up. and this is not just from a red/allied stand point. I do fly gold from time to time and I do quite well.

bullet

9. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

cc vv ok gold/axis rule

<S>ir

10. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

So maybe the P-39 should be moved to later in the RPS since it's annoying to "dodgeball" in the early war against it...

:D

11. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

LOOL

12. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  13. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

sounds fine to me. i would even go as far as removing it completly. i never fly it. Heck remove the yak9t as well. I am all for removing 30 and 37mm planes. But we can not think the p-39 and yak9t are close in comparison with axis 30mm aircraft. Axis can spray and pray with the 30mm but the 1 shot per second or more 37mm while deadly, is not even in the same ball park as the 30mm. but moving the p-39 later or even eliminating it is fine with me. I just don't think my red brothers are going to agree just as many axis 30mm one hit wonder flyers would agree to having thier rides removed.

bullet

14. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

when i'm flying red, i fear the 20mm armed planes more than 30mm ones. 30mm is hard to aim, spraying it means they're out of ammo fast, the con needs to be close to you and to have enough time to aim. when i see a 109 spraying from d3, i don't worry too much (110's are different coz of the 30mm load, but they suck in performance anyway - to the potential critic: "fuck off, dweeb"). i don't even remember the last time i got hit by a 30mm.
    when i'm using 109 G14 or K4, it's easy against slow maneuvering cons, against more aggresive maneuvring ones it's a lot more difficult. in G14 and K4 the only big advantage (except the plane's flight performance) is that, when BnZ'ing, i don't need to waste too much E by staying long enough on con's 6 o'clock to shoot so many rounds as needed in 20mm armed 109's ( i shoot 1 or 2 30mm rounds in one attack then climb again and try a new one). but if he's maneuvering fast, i need to waste E to get slower and close to him in order to aim.
    imo, mostly the poor tactics on a red pilot's part make 30mm spray and pray effective. but it became a habit to complain about it.

15. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

rgr vasco
    Nice put. I made 1 or 2 kills w 30mm 110. Lucky potshots. Few more w 109, but then 30mm was NOT the eliminator, only part of hits in BUFFy.

And 262 is out so short I almost never use it.

16. jotaceTOGA

jotaceTOGA Well-Known Member

30mm is good to use as gunner in 110-G2...
    WTG ISRAEL!!!

17. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

yeah sure, couldnt agree more
    but 30mm is dangerous...
    ...for those who calculate taking hits in dogfight
    nobody complains 'man i got hit' - everybody complain 'man, 4x20 and im dead'

so when 30mm appears, when every hit is dangerous, ppl start to whine about it
    'tactic' of takin hits and going on inspite of that is worthless then

for someone who likes to play it safe and usually doesnt give opponent situation to hit, 30mms are less dangerous than well aimed 12mms

not talkin bout 110spray of course, thats totall bs