not starting IL-2

Discussion in 'IL-2 Sturmovik (En)' started by mwolf, Feb 24, 2009.

1. mwolf

mwolf Well-Known Member

I have problem with this mod and my squad mates have another
    1.When i folow instructions and install (I have only 1 install for this WB mod to be precise) IL-2 just do not want to start it is dead :( (well it just would not start , but other 2 installations (4.08) and 1 more mod (HISTORY MOD over 1.5 gb big) is working as it should be, so If someone could tell me if someone have
    2.MY squad mates have problem because they get "wrong mod detected....." message

and one proposition is it possible that you get it up on HL so all can find it=
    I know it is a beta but ...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

must be 4.09 and il2fh, not 4.08 with your mod

3. mwolf

mwolf Well-Known Member

ok let me clearfly
    I have 3 folders of IL-2 1946 (lot of HDD consuming :) )
    1. clean 4.08, 1 history mod and 1 FH mod and only third do not work :(
    I installed over 4.08 clean/vanilla/ 4.09 and 2 patches

it would be nice if Fh mod could be enabled / disabled with JSMGE (maby in future)

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

not quite clear what you done with installation for fh

5. mwolf

mwolf Well-Known Member

I copied Il-2 1946 in new folder, then I install 4.09 over it and then 2 patches
    v1.0b 20090210 and
    v1.0b 20090210 to v1.0b 20090219

and when I wanted to start Il2fb.exe it wont start

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  6. barmal

barmal Well-Known Member

Are you sure, that you installed IL-2FH EN v1.0b? This installer is specially for non-russian il-2. Its about 70MB in size.

7. El_Marta

El_Marta New Member

I also had a hard time getting freehost il2 to run.

Delete the files folder which is in your game directory if you copied the mod into the game directory.

The files folder does not show up if you used the installer the correct way.

Unfortunatly the install procedure is not sufficiently explained by the authors and I only happened to get it working by trial and error.

I use JSGME to switch mods off and on. Disable all other mods and copy the content of the freehost folder ín the following link into your game directory.

For me it works without installing a new instance of 1946 4.09. Even MatManager`s presence does not cause any problems.

http://files.filefront.com/Freehost7z/;13359991;/fileinfo.html

8. El_Marta

El_Marta New Member

9. mwolf

mwolf Well-Known Member

Ok the problem is in 2 files
    mg_snd.dll
    mg_snd_sse.dll
    so all with old PC (like mine) you must Overwrite the two files in your il2 Sturmovik 46 folder
    This solution is Provided by Charlie Chap from 242sqn, because in new patch 3.1 for history mod I encaurted same problem i had here
    SO I tried this today and I managed to enter, and it was 100 % success
    ah Yes the 2 files it is needed you can find on
    http://files.filefront.com/Old+Sound+DLLsrar/;13381487;/fileinfo.html

I must say again it is for all these who have older PC with onboard sound cards

cya

10. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

We've encountered the problem with the 20090210 install already.
    The thing is, that the english version of the FHmod installer features a bug, easy to avoid, but hard to get over it if you don't know it.
    The thing that makes you not install the FHmod properly is a bug withing the installer, which asks you if you want to delete older versions of mods prior to finishing your instalation.
    The thing is, that the application deletes IL2FH if asked to detect incompatible mods.
    So install IL2FH, but do click "no" instead of "yes" when the prompt regarding the detection of mods appears.
    The easiest way of detecting wheather or not you've installed the FHmod correctly is that of starting IL2 each time you install every single thingie.
    It should look like that:
    IL2 4.08->IL2 4.09b (after the succesfull installation the language version switches to Russian. You don't have to play it yet, just check, quit the game and go to the next step)
    IL2 4.09b->IL2FH 20090210 (the changes are: new starting screen featuring FH logo and an IL2 over an attacked field, language goes back to normal- you still can not connect to the server)
    20090210->20090219 - same as above, but you can connect.

11. barmal

barmal Well-Known Member

mwolf
    yes, problem with new dll's on old hardware is present. I forgot to say about it.

-frog-
    There is small thing. Do NOT extract IL2FH directly into il2 folder %) When installer asks, only at this moment il2 folder must be selected.
    In future i will remove this bug from installer.