Official Off-Topic Flooding Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by Harpoon, Aug 15, 2004.

1. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

My mom just told me by email that premier* John Horgan has declared at least this part of British Columbia a disaster.
    And so the federal government will send the army here to help us clean up this terrible mess.

* like a president or a governor he is British Columbia’s head of government - like our Fuhrer .

2. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I hope that the soldiers, once they come here, do what they came to do and then get the hell out of here.

3. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

The entire coastline of Vancouver needs to be completely engineered to accommodate for rising water levels. Investors know it. Climate change is real.

4. Flk

Flk Well-Known Member

What's wrong with the army?
    We have a "slightly" different attitude towards the army that comes to the rescue.

5. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Perhaps I left you the wrong impression I have no fear of Canadian troops.
    I also have no fear of bears.

When the army is rescuing and building flood breaks and putting out forest fires and helping people in disaster areas that is all good stuff I really like that!

do you know what happens when armed men are not properly paid and not properly fed and not properly guided?
    They become brigand.
    I think soldiers need to be fed and housed and properly dressed and given guidance and to be kept busy very busy that is so important.
    I am a pretty typical civilian I really appreciate a cop when I need one. It is the same thing with soldiers I really appreciate them when they come when I am in need and when everyone in my town is in need I also appreciate those men they are wonderful they come to the rescue.
    When they have nothing to do when they are not properly guided when they aren’t kept busy when they are idle they can and do become unruly and dangerous. Or indeed choose the wrong leader ship and form together like packs of dogs….
    So society and that includes our society has to keep the powerful young man busy and willing to help we don’t need them idle, we don’t need them corrupt and we certainly don’t want them political and thinking that they have all the answers.
    I am well aware that there are times when the powerful young man in a land can go nuts and do the wrong things and don’t behave themselves aren’t fed and they aren’t paid properly and they go out stealing and stuff like that. Brigands!!!
    We in my society and I believe all societies have to treat our troops properly have to keep them busy and happy and satisfied and best of all nonpolitical.
    I know we humans all of us and our societies are not perfect.
    I am delighted when a soldier asks me if I need some sandwiches would you like some water ? Do you have a place to stay? And many of our troops are servants and they are doing their best.
    But don’t piss them off…..

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  6. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

I disagree with the post below. :deal:

7. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

a+b=b+a
    a+(b+c)=(a+b)+c
    a+0=0+a=a

Please explain.
    Good luck :D

8. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

Kinda like More Swiss cheese = More holes
    More holes = Less Swiss cheese
    More Swiss cheese = Less Swiss cheese
    :alc:

I miss the smiley with the noob typing on the computer and getting punched. @rgreat :deal:

9. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

I think I barely remember that one! And smile getting black eye in progress. :D

Ouch, the nostalgia! That was so long ago!
    :facepalm:

10. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

The story of my life

11. OldUncles

OldUncles Well-Known Member

Wow, your life was more difficult than I had previously imagined :)

12. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Joke aside, I did visit an active underground coal mine, as a student.
    Fucking dangerous job they do.
    Let alone the explosions due to gas, one of the most dangerous places were the vertical shafts through which a person could go from a gallery to another, at a different depth. Such a shaft is 40-60 meters in height and you climb up or down on a ladder. Many accidents there were because of falling through these shafts.
    I guess the miners' protection was marginally superior to what I see at the Congolese miners, tho the technology of exploitation was probably a lot better.
    It was the same thing that I see in russians now - the society is accepting casualties easily, instead of changing to prevent it.

13. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

14. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

G1 - is it short for Gobshite 1?

15. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

I find very ugly the (Kremlin) interiors in which Putin appears in various photos.
    Poor choice of colors, unimaginative floor patterns.
    You wouldn't expect there was someone to enjoy being there for too long.
    Maybe it takes some weirdly wired brain.

16. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

You do support the invasion of Ukraine and the genocide, but otherwise you have such a sensibility.