Offtop: victories lost

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by -exec-, Jun 22, 2004.

1. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

I. Koshkin, April 2002
    http://armor.kiev.ua/humor/txt/ger.php

Victories Lost II, Conclusions
    (impression from reading memoires of Guderian, Middeldorf, Mellentin, Manstein, Tippelskirch)

1. Hitler hampered us. Hitler was a fool. German soldier rocks. German commander is like Friedrich the Great, but without faulty bents.

2. Russians buried us in the fodder. Russians had a vaste amount of fodder. Russian soldier is child of nature: he eats whatever cannot escape him; he sleeps afoot, like horse; and he can infiltrate. Author witnessed many times entire Russian tank armies infiltrating through front line without a sign of their presence. It was the usual artillery preparation, bombardment, russian offensive... And out of the blue an entire Russian tank army behind us!

3. SS went a bit too far sometimes. That is - if we didnt go beyond the ordinary plunder, executions, violence and destruction the German soldier would conduct due to his youthful strength, if we didnt go beyond that - far many people would have adopted die Neue Ordnung with pleasure.

4. Russians had tank T-34. This was unfair. We didnt have it.

5. Russians had a lot of anti-tank guns. Every Russian soldier had an anti-tank gun, and he used to lurk with it in foxholes, in hollows, in the grass, under tree roots.

6. Russians had many Mongols and Turkmen. Mongols and Turkmen, enforced by comissars is a terrible force.

7. Russians had comissars. Comissars is an awful thing. By definition. Most comissars were Jews. Even yids! Our Jews we unwisely destroyed. Himmler was a fool.

8. Russians used unfair trick. They pretended to surrender, and then - HOP! they shot in the back of German soldier. Once a Russian tank brigade simulated surrender and then shot in the back an entire Panther batallion.

9. Russian soldiers were killing German soldiers. It was the most low baseness. It was the German soldiers who were intended to kill Russian ones! Russians are scum, everyone.

10. Allies betrayed us. I mean - Americans and Britishes.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2004
  2. -mart-

-mart- Well-Known Member

Suddenly today? ;)

nice translation

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

planned long ago, after sherman. :shuffle:
    today poured into this topic. :rolleyes:
    тока не знаю как смачно перевести "западло".

4. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

What do you expect from that joker. :rolleyes: Just the typical "Herr-German-Uberman-soldat is a 10 feet tall, invincible knight of justice warding off vast hordes of orks and trolls. I've read my share of books like the one you mentioned. I'm sick of those assholes trying to rewrite history. They should just get over the fact that they __LOST__ the war and be done with it. Losers.

5. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

exec, forgive my impudence to correct a translation from a language that I do not understand to a language that I do not understand,
    but i think the following will be a bit clearer to the reader:

Hope it helps.

BTW i do not see anything despicable in it. I think it is similar in all national descritpions of wars. All of them are "our guys are gallant heroes, the enemy is monster and also - sucks at that". So is the Russian and the American.

6. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

thank you, Grobar.

impressions, yes, that was a typo aggravated by sun spots on my display and by sweltering heat.

i think you know how to write lastnames. i don't.

2.russian word "meat" in this context means "cannon fodder".
    probably it would be better "Russians buried us in fodder. Russians had a vaste amount of fodder"?

5."Every Russian soldier had an anti-tank rifle", nevertheless "an antitank cannon".

i must correct my posting

7. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

From Polish point of view:

When T-34 and IS2 were unfair than what can one say about Panther, Tiger, Tiger II ;)
    Both sides mutually did not respected Geneva Convence, both were not sides of this agreement. Russian side did not respect agreements with Polish side, with tens of thoushands of Polish officer POW's being shot in Starobyelsk, Katyn, Ostashkov. German side camped Polish POW's in Offlags and Stalags in which they lived through war but executed 6millions of Polish citizens (over 3 millions of them of Jewish nationality) during war. Russian side preffered to execute its own population, being responsible for death 20millions (pre- and afterwar period included), but plunder, arson, murder and rape were also common ASA Red Army left USSR and headed west. Germans murdered ppl systematicly and giving "judicial reasons" for that (noone could be sent to concentration camp w/o court order, when he wasn't of jewish or gypsy origin)... it was a systematic and planned action. Soviets murdered unsystematicly, without documents and court orders... but it still was a war atrocity comparable in both scale and horror to that of German ones.
    Germany called back non-aggresion pact of 1934 before invading Poland on September the 1st 1939, USSR did not when it invaded Poland 16 days after that, thus rendering all Polish defence plans useless.
    Wehrmacht soldiers weren't saint in generall, but according to many relations I've heard (including the ones from my Grandmother, who spent whole war in city of Zamość which changed owner 3times during war Polish-Soviet (September 1939 till late october 1939)-German (till 1944)- Soviet again) there were some decent men (one of whom rescued a whole family from deportation to Auschwitz) in Wehrmacht, there weren't in Red Army (my grandmother's schoolfriend, aged 11 was brutally raped in September 1939 by at least a Platoon of red "osvobitiele").
    SS-men were Gods of life and death, same as NKWD and GPU officers after that in years 1944-56, the targeted minority was different though (and smaller in case of Reds- only some 100.000 of "hardass-rectionists" and "sanatia bastards" here).

and to conclude the "why did they loose/win if they were so barbarian" question:
    Germans lost the war because of stupid leadership and geography.
    Russians did won only because of demography and geography (and mb because Stalin forgot to kill Zhukov in 1937-38-> just by accident cause Zhukov was far away in Mongolia).

8. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

Sorry, but JFYI: both sides have signed Geneva conventions. Soviet side followed it to the last word. German side refused to follow it concerning Soviet prisoners of war.

This myth is decade old (I mean justifying nazi atrocities by "Russia didn't sign Geneva convention"). I have heard it on propaganda radios like Voice of America back in the 80s. They tried to make us think that it was Evil Soviet Regime who made poor civilized nazis be so cruel to Soviet POWs.

Anyway, if the country that signed this convention wages war against a country that didn't doesn't make it free from following the convention.

Our cause was right. The enemy was destroyed. The Victory is ours.

9. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Finland was also attacked in winter 1939 without declaration of war. USSR shelled their own troops near the border in Mainila and attacked, later claiming that finland took the offensive action.

Post war soviet censors forced finns to write in school history books that finland attacked USSR in 1939 and how heroic workers army then defended USSR from ounslaught of evil white-bandit armed forces. ;)

[​IMG]
    Soviet banderoll. :p

10. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

@Boroda

Victory was yours, 45 years of enslavement ours :(

11. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

:D :@popcorn: :D

12. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

13. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Hey! mart? frog? Borada? illo? Vibora? You guys are still here? You all should be in the arenas sometime! :) Long time no see!

14. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

LOL, hell of a thread you've dug up there. :D

15. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Yup.......:D