ONE LIFE ARENA!

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Skiter, Jun 6, 2003.

1. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

one life arena wouldnt be interesting for vulchers - vulching is risky, vulchers kills but dies often, so vulchers wouldnt play for long there;
    i hope ;)

2. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

and from the other hand:
    who would be so stupid to roll from attacked airfield he should be excluded from one life arena :)
    ppl could start thinking how to fly, how to kill AND live;

3. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

(I love to quote this guy)

Extending more:
    MA:
    Rules as is but:
    Kills: must be counted ONLY if pilot is really killed, if the pilot can bail in friendly territory he will get a time restriction - in order to reach the closest friendly field :D
    If the pilot bail in enemy territory, he will be captured (as normal) *BUT* he is NOT killed neither loose his streaks, only will stay as POW in closest field from bail site, restricted, not allowed to fly, AND when that field will taken by his country, he will be released and will can fly at MA again!!! :D (or more silly yet, when that field reaches a lets say 10 POW they can escape -in an automated way! :D :D :D - Ok, I recently saw The Great Escape w/ McQueen... :D )
    How to know if you can fly?
    Easy:
    Active= free to fly
    POW= restricted till escape or field taken
    Killed= restricted to fly at MA till end of TOD or reset arena -see ahead!

One life per NOT IP (the block must be done by the other way, as HD volume or whaterver -dunno if is the correct, but should resolve 2+ ppl from one connection.

TA

Same Map as MA
    Same Rules as MA
    Same RPS as MA
    NO 1 life

Results:

The Kamiks or mad dogs quick will be playing at TA, doing the things they want... And at MA we will see more and more cautioned pilots doing coordinate actions w/ some kind of mutual protection...

Now commenting gentle fellows comments:
    >in MA we see from 20 to 100 pilots. with 1 life, i think it will be more like a duel arena.

- Not at all... I think we will see more and more coordinate actions to ensure protection for the pilots... The projection I did early is not correct... becouse at the finish we will see only *a group * of pilots, as KG51 (as example) doing very well coordinated missions MB without enemies (but w/ 800-1000 pilots/TOD, I really doubt), and they will reset the map (and MB, why not at resets ppl could return to arena? just thinking.. :rolleyes: )

>Who's gonna log in as gold if theres 35 reds there and only 10 gold

-But we know 10 golds (as example, or 10 reds...) That can handle 35 enemies veeeeery good! - here at Kommando we can face it!!! Weґre fearless! and skillsless! and shameless! and...:D

>...so it would rather be a good idea to make it some kind of scenario week. Battle for Midway, D-Day, Bodenplatte, stuff like that ...

-great idea heartc!!!

>Another arena means, another server, aka another computer, which requires money...
    -Not at all... we STILL have another areana: TA !!! ready to use!!!

> about 3 last posts heartc and spuint:
    -110% agree ;)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2003
  4. Odisseo

Odisseo Well-Known Member

Strange is exactly what i sayd about streack or K/D restriction but you wasn't so glad...

5. ebola

ebola Well-Known Member

@ ppedott_vibora:

hmmm, your idea isnґt worse, but: even if thereґs a one-life-area we maybe missed a place for training to survive in it ;)

but at all it could be a nice addition :)

cu, ebola

6. dick_steel

dick_steel Well-Known Member

A definition of term Asshole

Maybe, just maybe, by using the word asshole, i referred to a random quaker that happens to zoom in just then, when you are rolling your plane on airstrip.

Radar ainґt allmighty, neither your eyes...

After those last comments, i dont expect to see any threads or flaming on radio from you on previous issue, if this One Life Arena is ever to be tested... :)

Pax Vobiscum.

7. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

neg Odi, im into that always; streak restriction doesnt equal safe flying so pls do not make this so simple;
    not nice to quote myself, but... here:
    "if he want quake, he will fly kamikaze-sortie and nothing will change that; if he is so stupid then i shall be at least that good to not allow him to kill me, no matter what plane he is flying;"