OT fav booze thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by Mcloud, Oct 28, 2009.

1. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

If it's that low only 40% then it is not very pure ! (40% = 80 proof) that means 60% water or something else !

Yes, "burned wine" or "fortifiied wine" ( usually wines of over 15% alcohol )
    are still "wines" and wine in most western countries that I know are from grapes or even a wider interpretation; fruit. as opposed to grains or roots.

I hope you mean "activated charcoal" that is like burned pieces of wood and not "coal" a mineralized type of hydrocarbon. the difference is great and i imagine you would die drinking alcohol washed through coal !!!!!!!

:eek:

Ha ha ha... I meant that as a historical reference as to why they would have invented such a liquid.....

:D

2. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

3. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Anyone try this stuff yet?
    It's made from pistachios, hazelnuts, almonds.
    Frangelico's on the ropes NOT.
    [​IMG]

4. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

I've actually made my own alcohol. It was strong stuff. Made my eyes feel like they were on fire. I need to do that again, but I need a discrete place to do so (The smell was fucking terrible!). Also, I need some glass tubing. Apparently my gas vent has been lost or shattered (make S-bend, fill lower bend with water, gas escapes under pressure, air doesn't get in. It was a mother fucker to make). Or do you think copper would do just as well? I'd rather have something where I can see the trap is working, though. Fuck those piece of shit one-way valves that come with the little kits you can buy. I had one stuck open once and ruined the mash (fermentation really doesn't like outside air getting in). This shit right here is what I'm referring to when I said I made one, only it was just straight up glass tube.

5. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Alcohol tastes bad. Burns little tiny holes in the gut, makes the imbiber get an ulcer. The ulcer can happen NOW. Like a stab wound, you know? Not gradual, little warning. No white lightening drinker is stupid enough to drink that without mixing it. It is called White Lightening becuase it turns cloudy after tap water is poured in. That is how boozers use that stuff. Sailors call it 'Grog.'
    There is no need nor point [nor sense] drinking that shit straight. That is a stunt young men who are not aware do and they do it once. No, really!

I knew a guy who was so stupid, he thought the blood he was puking was because he had irritated his 'booze pipes.' Some of my friends found him a couple days later, in his room. It had started to stink. I heard he had vomited all of his blood onto the walls and the floor as he ran out of vigour and expired. After a couple days, my other friends, his room-mates, noticed the stink creeping through their house.....
    I visited after the terrible crisis had happened to all them, see, cops were very involved so I stayed away for a couple months. That house still stank like a[deleted]...
    Some people pay a high price to teach others a lesson.
    Poor stupid Billy [deleted], 1958-1981.

I distilled some cheery wine, it was okay. But I only ran it through the column once, so it was not alcohol, it was Brandy. Waste of time. I had a lot of that wine, my granddad made it. He was so proud, he handed out gallons of the stuff, what was a young guy to do?
    DRINK it.
    I couldn't give the stuff away.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  6. looseleaf

I used to use one of these things :

http://www.fermentationtrap.com/1401.html

cheap and effective, just keep water in the chamber- or I used veg oil as the water was evaporating too fast.....

or just take some food grade plastic tubing, an erlenmeyer flask, a two hole stopper to fit one short tube and one longer tube. Make sure the long tube stays in the liquid and the short tube well above the liquid level to vent. Keep the flask down low and make a long vertical run of tubing so liquid can't run up into the fermenter .....

:alc:

7. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Fermenting is separate process from distill.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  8. looseleaf

Yes, but an air trap is still an air trap.....

9. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Yes, but an air trap is un-necessary in a still... Noamsain?

10. looseleaf

Yessir.....

....but he described an air trap....

:D

for a condenser the still would need any food grade or inert tubing in a cold water bath to work....

Stainless tubing, or plastic tubing good for higher temp and inert...

11. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

His had orange in the flame. Mine didn't. It was nothing but blue. Did I do something wrong? :confused: I guess he didn't add sugar to his.

12. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Edited.

[​IMG]
    See, the column? If you use that, then you can get booze.
    But is a lot of work and not safe to fuck around with and the column is VERY expensive to buy. And, I guess, it can be make, but that is expensive too, as time = money.
    See the beaker, in that is volatile. If the volatile stuff is alcohol + some impurities, clean out the column and run the still product through AGAIN.
    And maybe a third time [triple distilled]. Also, activated charcoal can be involved in one way or another...
    I edited the stuff I wrote, because Internet has spies about and also, stupid idiots, who would [if they are in USA] SUE me because I did not put a little legal notice. Fuck that.
    Have some fun. Kill yourself.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  13. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

That's the super neat, squeaky clean, scientific distillation method. One run through a rig like that and you might not even need to run it again. You'll certainly run close to pure the first time, too.

There's a thing I used once, called a thump keg. If I ever run something that dirty through the still, I would use one. It's essentially a bucket/keg with a couple hoses going through a lid on top. Impurities drop into the bucket, the alcohol vapor continues under positive pressure to the condenser. If you think that wasn't enough, you can always put something like a towel or whatnot in a pasta strainer over the catch. Hill folk ingenuity. Gotta love it.

If you understand the process of fermentation, you should know what adding sugar to the mash does. :D Also, a straight sugar "mash" (isn't really a mash, but it's what the yeast wants to eat. You're essentially drinking yeast shit.) is the cheapest way to produce alcohol. Ever. Doesn't taste very good, but if you really ever need to produce something in a hurry to get the job done, there you go. And that's the story of rum... sort of. Molasses is what you need to use to be official rum. Then you can properly splice the mainbrace. Just remember to age your alcohol if you're wanting to give some to friends. Cheap and easy way to do it is keep it in a sealed bucket, with some burnt oak chips in a cloth sack, maybe even a sock if you're that hard up for it.

14. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  15. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Today I had a panzerotti with pepperoni, mushrooms and hot peppers and I ordered a Brio as well. Went home, put the panzerotti on a plate, poured myself a glass of spring water with some ice to fight off the taste of the hot peppers..I ate the panzerotti and then realized that I hadn't even opened the can of Brio..it was just sitting on the floor beside the chair...

So after an hour I got an idea to make a new drink. I got out a glass, put in a few ice cubes, then poured some forty creek whisky and opened the Brio and filled the remaining portion of the glass with Brio..Tasted pretty good. The herbal flavours of the Brio mixed nicely with the caramel/apricot flavors of the forty creek. So then I had another.

I am not saying that later on (15 mins ago) I had battery acid flying out my ass or anything like that, I just wanted to tell you about the new drink, forty creek and Brio on the rocks. That's all I'm saying.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  16. looseleaf

Mac , you crack me up all the time !

sounds good man,
    as long is that's Brio soda and non Roman Brio after shave !