OT: NBA Finals: Spurs VS Pistons

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by spaceb, Jun 10, 2005.

1. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

NBA Finals are finally here, so if you like NBA post your comments in this place.
    I saw the first game last night, it was amazing. Both teams player really nice, a lot of defense and many awesome plays... even if you are not fan from those two teams it was great to see.
    Here there's an article from ESPN

San Antonio won 84/69, Manu Ginobili did his magic and put San Antonio leading the finals 1 to 0. He scored 15 points in the 4th half and 26 overall, now I'm looking forward for the next game which is on Sunday.
    Go Spurs!

OBI Wan GINOBILI!
    [​IMG]

He has the force :super:

2. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

I like basket in general, however here in spain it's quite difficult to see NBA games, some time ago there would pass them on tv really late, i think now it is on pay per view.... keep us informed.

3. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Btw, ginobili is incredible. He plays damn well :cheers:

4. Perdomo

yes, i hate that fucker.... j/k

5. -Kharn-

-Kharn- Well-Known Member

Perdomo, si tienes Canal+ (no el digital... sólo el analógico) podrás verlos. Las finales siempre las echan por ahí, aunque en codificado.

Uhm... the last night game was boring. Both teams have one game style slow and tough, but both teams played bad... very bad, specially Detroit. They can play much better than yesterday, and i hope they'll improve his play to the next games.

Anyway, San Antonio gained thanks to Ginobili and specially Duncan. Manu had one great game, "killing" Detroit at second half, but Duncan was impressive (24 points 17 rebounds), and neutralizing totally both Wallace and McDyess (only 13 points between they three) and avoiding Hamilton and Billups penetrations.

6. Perdomo

Si, pero es que no tengo el canal +... :shuffle:

mmmmhh.... that phrase gave me a boner... :shuffle: :p

sorry.... :D

7. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

Excuse me but... what game did you see? It was really entertaining, the score was rather low because of though defense and because of the pressure of being in a final. I spent all the game on the edge of my seat :super:
    Duncan did a great job, i think spurs can do it even better, will be an interesting final to watch for sure.

8. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Fuck the NBA. The NBA is filled with overpaid douchebags playing for money, it's the worst basketball to watch.

Watch college basketball, it's sooooo much better than the NBA.

9. Perdomo

In europe it's almost impossible to watch college basketball, we have our own national leagues, and that's the basket I used to watch... some good games, but really different of NBA, different rules in defence, making it harder to score, and less physical players....

10. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Yeah I heard that basketball is a lot less physical in Europe. American teams can't play in Europe well because they get fouls for doing things that the US is commonplace, and even encouraged. Except for that one Olympics Dream Team, which is the greatest backetball team put together, ever. That team could never, ever be beat I think.

11. jfm

jfm Well-Known Member

that team was beat

12. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Eh, shows how much I know about Basketball :)

But they did fucking rule.

13. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

LOL afi :D

Btw, what i don't like in NBA is the speed. They run, throw, get rebound, run, throw...In Europe there's much more teamplay and it's not a matter of having 2-3 big stars, but having a complete bench and many stars (not big stars :))

14. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Yeah exactly, that's what college basketball is like.

15. -Kharn-

Afi, NCAA is excellent... but here (Spain) if u can watch any NCAA game, is a miracle :(

Y Broz... eso es cierto en muchos equipos, pero precisamente los dos que están en la final son lo que mejor y más juegan como equipo y no como individualidades saltimbanquis.

Yep, Pistons and Spurs have the two best defences of the league, but that isn't the problem. During all game, both teams failed many easy shots (Duncant at first quarter and Bowen at the last, Hamilton and McDyess during all game, all shooting alone), and this isn't fault of the defense.

And pressure?? What pressure? San Antonio have won two championships in the last 6 years with Duncan and some many players who still play and with few new players who they know what is play on those game type (Ginobili and Horry specially), and Detroit won the last year with the same team against one of the best teams of the last years. And they have pressure? You're joking.

Anyway, in the next games Hamilton & co will improve their game, and we will be able see some nice games... I hope :p

16. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

@ Kharn, I think there's a way to stream the games online as they play. It's in english, but you guys speak it fluently so that isn't an issue. If i can find the website, I'll post it. But the NCAA season doesn't start for a while, so we'll see what I can find by then.

17. -Kharn-

Yep, I know some streams websites (www.streamtvnow.com f.e.) and some times i use them, but i want see them on my TV! :p

18. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

You don't play a final everyday, that adds an extra pressure. I'm not joking btw.

19. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

How does it work? where do i see the channels?

20. -Kharn-

For all them, isn't the same the regular season and playoff. When the Playoff starts, they change their mentality, and if they can't win the pressure, they can't arrive to the Finals.

If Detroit cannot with the pressure, then they had lost against Indiana. If they cannot with the pressure, then they hadn't gained the last game against Heats in Miami. And if Detroit cannot with the pressure, then they wouldn't have gained the last championship against Lakers.

And the same for San Antonio. They beat the best team of this year (Phoenix) without any problem. They have some players who played (and won) many finals in the last years, at the NBA, european national leagues or International Championships (or all), like Duncan, Horry, Ginobili or Parker.

Sorry, but you're wrong.