OT - the great BREWSKIES thread!

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -frog-, Feb 10, 2021.

1. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Just to shake that forum for a bit (if still possible).
    Just read a 2020 ranking of beer-drinking nations, and it seems we "mounted the podium", with 121 litres per capita per annum (ranking third, after Germany - 126 litres, and Czech Republic - almost 150 litres).

What's "your kind of brew"?
    A typical lager, ale or stout?
    A sour beast?
    Maybe a porter?
    Or a Belgian-style beer, or an IPA?

Is the beer you drink manufactured in your country, or imported?
    Is it a mass-produced beer made by a large company, or a smaller, regional (or even craft) brewery?

As for me, I am a beer enthusiast and drink almost every type of beer.
    But I prefer the strong-flavoured Imperial India Pale Ales, and... just the opposite of that - Czech lagers (the bitter the better - try Radegast Ratar from the Radegast brewery if you don't know, what I mean).

looseleaf likes this.
  2. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

As of late the only "big company" beer I drink is Guinness. Most corporate beers suck. There are so many local small breweries I prefer the "craft beers". I remember a store near the university would import some small production beers from Czech Republic. Very good ! The other acceptable brews I drink on occasion are the Spaten products and Anchor Steam.
    Some reason around here in Nor Cal, I have not found an IPA that I like. Oh yes, hefeweizen works too!

3. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

I am not fond of stouts. I don't like "dark side of the force" - OK - a Russian Imperial Stout, from time to time, is OK, as it "kicks in" in a quite brutish manner, but not a regular stout.
    I do like my regional breweries, but also prefer the craft scene, yet I am far from crossing the "large players" out of the list. The Radegast Ratar I just had is just about as perfect as a light lager may get, although it is manufactured by the same SABMiller multinational, which is responsible for MGD or Foster's... both of which taste like watered-down piss, at best.