Ottos

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by hugo baskervill, Mar 27, 2005.

1. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

One of the complaints.

I'm testing how dangerous setting ottos have.....

I'm flying A6M2 against Pe2s.

attack from 6 o'clock self-murder.

attack from 8 4 o'clock or very low 6 isvery dangerous and like effective method to shut down pe2 is useless.

Only one HO attack make some success. But it is only 1:1.

I try it four times
    -colision and heavy damaged pe2
    -light damaged to both sides
    -heavy damaged zero and no damaged pe2(pe2 pilot evades HO)
    -heavy damaged pe2(1 eng killed) and light damaged zero

3 from 4 pe2 pilots goes to HO.

Ottos every react very quickly to my attack and hit some bullets when I flying near they after HO.

I was training HO attacks offline on 4 B17s with zero, ottos hit me only a few time and I often shut down 1 or 2 fortreses after about 4 attacks until ottos kill me, but against one pe2 I was not so successful, otto react more quickier than B17's offline ottos and he is more accurate than 8 b17 ottos.

I would like change one enemy pe2 to 2 angry enemy red fighters.

Imho ottos are overmodeled a lot, there is something wrong if otto light damaged you, when you go over him fast like meteor after HO attack.

I know, that this is only my opinion and maybe I had a bad day, and this topic probably change nothing but....

1 person likes this.
  2. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

yhea- but admins dont care. There are 3 reasons why the pe2 is such a successfull plane.

1. ROF- the guns fire much faster than almost any comparible gun in the game...lots of ammo is put out there.
    2. Accuracy- how the hell can those autos drill me up at 380+km/h while manoovering? ju88's auttos seem blind half the time.
    3.Position- the auttos on the pe2 have 180* of aim. The top gunner can shoot strait along either wing of the pe2 plus its aim going back...this is a much larger field of fire than most buffs have on a single gunner.

3. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

wahhhh wahhhhh wahhhhhhh ;(

4. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Havnt seen AFI in the skys in forever- why are you still here? No women to keep you buisy?

5. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Women are boring. At least most of them are.

6. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

Just don't even go there...All i can say is you have got to be jokeing..Get off ya fat arse and try flying a buff for a few TOD's not just one or two missions...

7. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

kangaa, your one of the most useless people to the FH comunity.

Pilots who fly regularly probably remember about a week ago- a raid took place on f6. We almost had the field- but 4-5 pe2's turned the whole thing around. The pilots didnt even fly to bomb the cv, they all flew with no bombs with one purpose. They let those crazy autos do the work. We got maybe 3 of the pe2s before everyone had been shot down atleast once.

How about you get of youre "arse" learn to spell, and start flying in the same game we are because in the WBFH that all of us but kangaa and afi are flying in, the ju88 and b17's auttos are shit compaired to that of the pe2 or pe8.

8. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

Onece again you spout...This one time i saw blah blah blah...Get some first hand knowledge and come back after a few tod's and then we can take you seriously.Untill then STFU...

9. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

REally kanga? Cause Ive never seen you fly any side regularly.

I flew an entire TOD as red, as well as sharing on a few.........there is definitly biased decisions for the modeling in this game.

Until then STFU- your useless kanga- just disapear.

10. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

Untill then STFU...

Your a fucken yank you and i fly in diffrent time zones...My god if you can't get that concept you realy are dumb as dog shit...

11. -BISH-

-BISH- Well-Known Member

Ease up boys!

Ottos are tough in MA now, PE2 real tough but you can get it from 6 if you time it right and get into position.

Ottos are too accurate IMO, someone said a while ago that it would be "better make the buff tougher, than otto faster + more accurate", I agree. I also agree hugo that otto makes incredibly accurate hits as you pass over at speed....shame that! RL gunners say such shots were almost (barring luck) impossible!

As for any one otto buff being any tougher than another (russian plane for example!) I don't think so. DB3F goes down easy most times, pe2 will go if you don't rush it and pe8....well I didn't see one yet!

Truth is, if the buffer flies defensively you are in for a hard time as the attacker, whatever plane the buffer flies.

As for flying A6M's against PE2's in the MA hugo....I think you are barking mad!! But for some strange reason I want to try it :)

12. hugo baskervill

On the other side, I'm testing today Pe2.

There was f19 against f17 and f16 gold fields. Although f19 was under heavy gold attack, when I was in the air, I feel safety. There were a lot of golds but bright golds didn't attack me and the another pe2. Althought some non-experienced pilots attacked us, my otto shut down every attacking con, the best was the landing, every landing was without elevator and some holes in fuel tank(2xlanding 1xditch near field), but I survive every attempt to kill me.

Beautiful was, when two cons tryed kill me with machine guns when they was out of 20mm amno(my 12,7mm gunner was dead, so it was long fight of my 7mm gunner), nobody survived.

When golds attacking f19, every rolled red fighter was killed.....but pe2s flyed to bombing gold field and they returned.

Really pe2 with current otto set was very VERY hard target. :turret:

13. hugo baskervill

Only A6M2 variant avaible, so I'm looking forward to A6M3....yeah, it should be quite good weapon against spits.

Yes, I'm MAD. :dura:

I'm waiting, when b17 will be avaible and I will try zero's attack to flying fortress.

14. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

The other concept this silly little boy can't understand is the people fly under a different nick to what they post in this forum.

BTW...still waiting for that track of the spitfire going vertical after 50m roll.

regards, Oz

15. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

alssop did u see pe2 drop ord? because pe2 cant pick basic plane it must roll with some kind of bombs under wings. and since pe2 filies as better then old p38 anyone experienced in it wouldnt wait to be shot down but try to take a cons 6 or let ottos clr there 6.

so there 2 senerios they ither intended to go cv were bounced and faught back

or they fley ackstar for field defence.

i dont see it much difrent then 110g4s straffing a cv fleat and all rollers dead in 10 minutes. or golds ussing ju87 the same way. ive on a few occaionse found ju87 roll and attacked them thinking there heavys to insead by dog fighting a farily nible yet slow 20mm or 37mm gold ackstar.

the grass is always greaner on the other side....
    both sides always swear the other use lamner tatics and there just retaleating.
    my activity of late down... im frankly tired of the lamn tactic's that seem more and more prevelent. for instance im reading alot about tank frily fire abusers now :(.
    came on to cheak forum then fly, read that post and decided why bother.

maby its just me but as a whole frehost seem aout half as fun, ingrosing, and adicting as it was. I also seem to leave more often discusted over a design missuse thenacculy deciding ive been on to long.

16. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

It's not just you....I do exactly the same thing. There used to be a spirit of cooperation in the MA where everyone was out to achieve the same goal - cap fields. And it meant when I was in there i could not leave until my ISP discoed me. Now, I rarely stay more than half an hour at a time or 1 buff mission (whichever longer) because I can't stand this furball-at-all-costs mentality.

Then you get people like Allsop and friends, who complain when their plane gets shot down by a buff, because this does not fit in with his furball attitude. If he had his way all buffs would be gone, and reds would have 1 available plane. And that would fly at 100kmh, fire 3.2mm rubber bullets, climb like a rock, fall apart if you looked at it, and just be able to turn inside the confines of the map.

regards, Oz

17. gryphon

lmao :D.. but u might be right ;)

18. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Gryphon- please show me where the grass in green for golds?

The rockets on the 110g2 blow up at d18 at a stop...you must get very close "withing 40mm range" to use them and hit a target.

Ju87 doesnt have supper autos like the pe2- infact not even close. And last I checked very few ju87's make it back home after a swarm of fighters gets on them- yet pe2's have the vitality of a near god....

There is the praise of the mk108 cannon, but with the new DM its stupid. It takes 2-4 hits to down a fighter about 50% of the time- and 1 should do it EVERY time, take the quotes from history, a fighter cant survive 30mm hits. But even worse the ballistics is horible, its very hard to ever hit a target with mk108 30mm. The p39 is a much more agile aircraft with a very accurate 37mm "it shouldnt be" as compaired to the golds 110g2 or 410. There is the 190k4, but it is to little to late with no a2g ordanance "as in real life" making it so most golds fly such planes- but with no jabos its near impossible to close fields unless there are dedicated buffers.

While all of the reds glory fighters offer a decent or par a2g loadout.....bullshit it is.

19. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

many reds would like to have the climb rate of 109k4 :D

20. gryphon

p37 i feal lucky when i score a hit.except il2s since this planes got uzzi 37mms.

as for ju87 compaired to pe2 i cant argue that.

as for late war gold jabos i cant argue that.

as for hearing golds got better planes and reds got better planes. i hear that no mater what side im on. i accualy started flieing gold under this misconception in ther first place to see how ubber golds planes were. the only 2 planes i tested that i acculy went wow no wonder were the 190 and 110. both performed better then i thought they should on red side and better then i espexted on gold side. rest i found to be misconseptions. 110 to me is beast 2 moter plane in game, never mind it was total failer in bob. in free host is definaty the funest and easest double prop fighter in game.
    the 190 gave me a 31 streek and my best score on red at that time was 13 streek. part of it was the simple fact that nothing did what the 190 does good as good, and the rest was i only did what the 190 did good, so i wont credit the whole 31 streek to the 190, but the way 190 flew acculy made it fun to fly in a method i ussaly degreased from and gave me to date my best run ever as a ace on the ace list.
    as for grass greaner.. well gold want a f4u, and reds want a 190. and golds want a plane like a spit, and reds would love a 109e or 109f cmparible plane early war. and gold want a pe8 late ware, reds wished they had anything that could catch ju88s early war.... really i dont see why i need to try explain. since ive been on fh ive seen pilots both side that swear they side gets the shitty end of the stick, that admins are collered bieased and thet they must only fly gold plane... err red pales... err russian planes... err the admins are alied biest and love germany, hence 109e 109f and 190 all became uber in one release from mediocer, the first realease. with jap planes becoming more ignorable then the 109 whne b4 u ignored the 109 and killed the deadly jap first.
    . gold reactions to the typhon and f4u becoming better wasnt as vilont as the radio chater i saw when 190 became a turn fighter, 109e started outturning the turn and burn star hurri and 109f became a e monster.

both side swear admins hate there side love other side...
    hence grass is always greener.
    from flying both sides ids say both side got fucked and in difrent ways.