Please fix the gunnery model!!

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by niklas, Jun 6, 2000.

1. niklas

niklas Active Member

Hi

I didnЄt get a answer from my mail to aike so i have to post here.
    mg151 seems to be useless. Look that picture:
    [​IMG]

Full Hit from VERY close Distance 6pos. All that happened was that his engine began to smoke. He kept up full manoevrebillity, so no rudder felt off- THIS SUCKS, this is boring. Please check your gunnery model again. People report 2 Hits from Yak in their fw190 and the tail come off- what a difference! ThatЄs NOT fair! People wonЄt fly anymore for LW when this isnЄt fixed soon!

WhatЄs the difference in the new gunnery model?? What has changed? would be interesting

thx for reading
    niklas

[This message has been edited by niklas (edited 06 June 2000).]

2. Alex V. Inozemcev

Alex V. Inozemcev FH Developer

I collect data to make some corrections
    wait a little

3. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

Niklas, please see that all hits are into different parts of plane...

BTW, it took Aike and -am- about 3 months to make an old, "empiric" gunnery more or less balanced. And it costed them that HS was about 2 times weaker then MG-151.

Did you notice that German cannons have much biger dispersion then allied?...

------------------
    --
    With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,
    wb:boroda
    Commissar 25th IAP VVS

4. niklas

niklas Active Member

boroda, yes, every hit in a differnt part. But look at the final number (which is imo a kind of hit-power number, right?). and i have always 2 hits, 2*mg151, and not 1*mg151.

I was close, very close. IЄm a bit confused myself why the bullets didnЄt pass rudder/tail section and went straight through the fuselage into the fueltank/cockpit section. Sometimes i wonder myself how flaps (especially in a spit) can catch bullets and donЄt let them pass into the wing root section. Sometimes i think that especially a spit, where flaps arenЄt important in a DF at all, seems to have a "saftey shield" of flaps all around itЄs frame [​IMG] [​IMG]. But thatЄs a question of hitmap and not gunnery.

Ok sorry i sounded a little bit hard, but i posted a mail 2 or 3 days earlier to aike (at least i thought this was his e-mail-adress) and got no response, and i donЄt understand kyrillisch and so the rest of the forum [​IMG] . So for me it looked like nothing will change in the future and weЄll go on with a dramatic advantage for the allies.

Thx to everyone for their efforts to keep this server running!

niklas

[This message has been edited by niklas (edited 08 June 2000).]

5. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

? ..yes dispersion, but use your mind [​IMG]