Question about damage model, rockets

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Comet-, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Comet-

Comet- Well-Known Member

When I hit something in TA with rocket, I can read in text buffer two values.

arial
    EE

My guess:
    Arial is velocity of rocket at the impact.
    EE is depending on the warhead and speed at impact, and it is probably strenght of the explosion.

Is that correct?

Blast radius is set for every type of weapon, or it depends on that EE value too?

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

areal

3. Comet-

Comet- Well-Known Member

Thx, though I am not sure what it means. :)

I have another question. Today I tested rockets again to complete my evaluation of each type's performance, and I noticed strange behaviour, which was hard to understand. I don't know if it is simulated on purpose or if it is a bug. It happened with all types of rockets.

When I launched rocket salvo at the target, hangar, only first rocket did full damage, other rockets did only half of the damage.
    Salvo wasn't required at all, manual shooting with some delay produced same effect.
    When I launched only one rocket each pass, it caused correct damage every time.

It seems that damage from rockets is reduced to half for short period of time after first hit (at least 5s). I don't know if bombs are affected in similar way.

4. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

shooting has similar effect...you basically have to fire in salvos or waste ammo.

try this.....take hmack to a field (even at friendly), pick a target (eg hangar) and fire at it continously. after a priod of time the shots will stop hitting...showhits will even show this. the worst part is your ammo will continue to be used even though you are not hitting the target. :turret:

regards, Oz

5. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

:super:

6. miixch

miixch Well-Known Member

I noticed the same, rgreat said its cause my PC is too weak and i need more powerful machine to avoid this effect.
    (sry for my english, i got a redout)

7. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

Nice avatar ozemale6t9. I just didnt know that jets were born from eggs. Seems to me that this one is just coming to life! :dura:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2003
  8. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

roflmao