question about issues with radar

Discussion in 'Warbirds General Discussion' started by spindl, Nov 15, 2004.

1. spindl

spindl Active Member

Howd folks,
    I wold like to see how many people respond to the issue with radar. The thing about radar is that I noticed changes to how the radar behaves or functions. Ever since the change took place and the colored identification of aircraft has changed to the same color of all a/c's, I have noticed some problems with it.
    Personally, now that when I log on to Freehost, I look around the map and can't figure out where to fly or whom to fly with, even though the roster command shows 30 people online. Asking for where the action is very redundant because some players would not answer at all or anwer to what their belief is where the action is, although there may be nothing at all, plus I'd rather assess the situation myself. But this creates complications because when I start flying to a field I believ I will find some fight at, turns out to be a deserted place and not a single plane taking off.
    This really affects my enthusiasm to fly further and I eventually log off and make up for less amount of people online. Having less people online is probably not very good incentive for others to join flying because less planes to fight for and more time to spend looking for that fight especially when you're looking for a quick action, and I say quick in relative terms, because it takes time to fly and find the fight too.
    My solution to this problem is to convince admins to create either a better coverage of radar or make a vector finding where the closest enemy plane is, like it was in long-ago iEN times.
    Does anybody else experience the same problem that I do?

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

i do.
    actually with some little experience you don't need colors to see colors in the pattern of radar dots.
    so i don't.

i suggest you to join any active squad to make an action where you want it and when you want it, instead of seeking for the action was created (or faked) by someone else.

3. spindl

spindl Active Member

Thank you for suggestion -exec-. I have plenty of experience and my experience extends back to the days of iEn, so I dont have a problem differentiating between enemy and friendlies with my experience. Though I think that radar coverage has become different and there's a problem with finding any spots on the map at all nowadays. What I suggested is to have the vector finder that just points to the direction where closest a/c is. I wonder if that can be implemented in the source code from the programming standpoint? I know for a fact that iEN has had that active for all game arenas. Can the FH programers do that? If yes, then why does it pose a problem?
    Now, regarding joining the squad. I used to fly in the free arena back in iEN days where finding an action wasn't an issue as long as people were online. I like quick action, and again, I quote quick in relative terms, and though I have been with several squad before, I preffer to be a lone wolf, as I'm sure hundreds of other pilots do. Joining a squad is somewhat cumbersome because now you have to synchronise the timing with other players online, and that just won't work for me because I have a hectic schedule with my own personal life and I log on to WB whenever I feel like.
    Now, please, I'm sure you can appreciate a little diversity in this community and not exclude the fact that some people do not want to join squad because that suits their needs that way.

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

i don't know... personally i'd hate that arrow. it could have historical adjustment over friendly territory, but imho could not have over enemy.

flying alone seldom as lone wolf, i don't have any problems in finding the action. actually my problem is that i cannot get enough altitude because action is overhead already.