red planes

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by fn_crow, Aug 27, 2000.

1. fn_crow

fn_crow Well-Known Member

sience when did a yak have a gun bigger then 30mm? it seems like in the past few weeks the only thing red even flys is the 39 and yak. maybe there should be a cap on those planes like there is on the 262?

also, this has been posted, but the 190 is kinda crappy now. it takes like 2-10hits if even that and my plane will lose elevators, or the engine or even a wing. yet i have to pump 20-30 rnds in red planes for them to go down. now i havent played the game as long as some of you guys but when i first started playing on the server the gun moddel seemed quite good at the time (back in april)

2. gawong

gawong Well-Known Member

Christiansted, St. Croix U.S. Virgin Islands
    The same can be said of your 109's.

3. fn_crow

fn_crow Well-Known Member

but last i checked a yak never had a 30+mm cannon, and now it does?

as for the 109k having a 30mm it only has like 60rnds in the first place comes out late in the war and i usaly dont fly it. now i can live with a 109k and 39 type thing were each team has one plane with bigger cannon, but with the yak having a 30+mm cannon now and no restrictions on either the yak or 39 maybe the 262 should have no restrictions that way its 2 vs 2 again.

surely you reds can live with a restricted plane seeing how you have on average 3 more planes then gold does at any given time

4. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

Yak-9T, with NS-37 cannon, few thousand built, 1943. Actualy was lighter then 9D, unlike what we have in FB.

Yak-9K, with NS-45 cannon, few hundreed built, 1944.

The only thing that can help us with a balance is an MA style: all planes for both countries... Just IMHO.

------------------
    --
    With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,
    wb:boroda
    Commissar 25th IAP VVS

5. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Few things:

-Correct weight of Yak-9T.

-Correct weight of 190d9

-To counter Yak-9t make 109g MK108 version

-Relese Yak-1 when it was used in combat
    by Yak-1 units.(like most other planes in FH) I think date was June 1941.

This would better balance (especially yak-1s spoil battle of britain feeling in 1940)

Its fact that germans miss completely many weapons. Most planes were equipped with different armaments(/R designation) Quickly
    at field (ca.30min) depending on mission type and flight leaders wish.

These field conversions were usable in most type of german AC. So you could move underwing 20mm of 109 and fit it to 190. All planes (190/109) were made ready to use these conversions at factory.

For example if next mission was B-17 hunt
    Fw-190a8 at field were usually armed with extra 30mm mk103 underwing pods or if not available or leaders wish dual mg151 pods were used.(8x20mm!! but it made a8 real pig) Grw21cm air to air Grenade/Rockets were
    usual option too.

If mission was pure fighter sweep outer
    mg151/20(mg/ff 190a4) were usually removed
    to increase climb, speed and maneuverability.

In fact most 190a4 were allmost permanently
    used as 2xmg151+2xmg17 versions.

I personally wish that we could have 190a4
    with "fighter" armament and a8 would be left as it is (more like Zerstoerer).

------------------
    -illo-