Report: Arena skills dropping critical!!

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by pietas, Sep 20, 2006.

1. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

Yep guys, it becomes pathetic, this is not same game i remember 2003/2004ad, not even 2002ad.
    More and more ppl now flying are amateurs, newbies or lack in skills.
    Sure there always are some newbies, but last times, it is total crap.
    The magnificient nicks i remember and i had wonderful pleasure fight against them are gone since years... The new ones trained 2004/2005 mostly gone too. Even regular population is dropping too.
    Air stupidness everywhere, wtf is that??
    It's not funny to play against rookies!
    Ivan changed this game into total crap - i dont see other reason.
    Report is dramatic: new every 2 of 3 founded players at MA are total newbies or lack in skills, the third is usual nothing more than almost regular.
    Meeting an ace is now like win in a bingo.
    Thank you mr bi-dabliu and mr exec. WTG

2. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

chess are good game too :rolleyes:

Don't you see other reason? No? What about technical progress and much better sims? (BoB, IL-2, TW, Lock-On...................................).

You only crying that developers are creatures... So change sim and everything will be OK ;)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  3. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I wouldn't necessarily call Il-2 a 'better sim'. ;)

4. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

Aaah, flame war? :D

5. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Want to improve average skill level in MA? Leave FH! :p

Il2 can be at least called "sim".

6. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

my post was not about IL-2 problems... :rolleyes:

7. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

I very rarely fly anymore here for the exact same reason Pietas.
    As much as I never cared for your IMO poor attitude, I could at least know I had a SERIOUS challenge if you were online with me. Indeed most of the great tacticians and dogfighters have long ago left.
    It seemed to coincide roughly with the advent of jeeps/hmacks. Man I truely miss the challenge of old of not knowing what 'ace' might be behind the bogie. I used to watch the first pass merge and know by the 1st break what I could expect from the enemy pilot. I used to have fights here where Id have to log off after the outcome ,win OR lose because I was emotionally/nervous E SPENT :) Indeed those days are gone regardless of the reason.

Carry on

8. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Things change, you can't do anything about it. Most of old guns went away but you can always see some of them reappearing in MA. Also there is a number of new talented flyers and many more learning quickly. The competition level is still high at FH. Recently I flew some at AH and WB 2006 main arenas - average skill level there is laughable compared to FH.
    Changes in fm, dm and overuse of damn hmacks can be annoying but on the other hand you can adjust in no time to those changes! Easier than you could learn any new sim, right? FH is still fun, IMO (after almost 2 years break ;)).

1 person likes this.
  9. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Firstly, I do not understand how the change in hmacks has changed the "quality" of this game. Please explane?

Secondly:

One should appreciate that no one can be a good or great player of this game instantly.
    It does take time and a certain amount of effort.

Another detail is a really good joystick these days is in the $150~$200 range and the less expensive ones wear out quickly.

Sadly enough people change and move on.

This is a great game and it's free. But there is so much more to Life than online computer games and hopefully players here "grow" and their interests change to more adventurous, exciting and rewarding ends.

As a Great One once said:

"And this too shall pass."

Let's be thankfull for those great times here.... and why not pass along some of your experience and wisdom of play to those newbies?

10. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    I want to pass my projectiles through their head.

11. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

bytor my man you said so nicely taking words from my mouth that you left me speachless. I left this game when they downgraded "Yak" most of versions exept Yak3. But that magnificent plane you can fly only at the end of the war and that will be few days. So I just gave up and left for good. I tried to come back several times but each time I was back the situation was same even more bad. I was writing wornings about posibility that more and more players will live, and how to atract new players... but nobody ( ivan or whoever is god here ) never listened.
    I never said I will not come back again but when that hapen I wish those god damn planes be flyable not brickable.

12. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Lol man stop whining, planes are 'brickable' for everyone. Yaks downgraded?? They are still FH's first league of fighters, I have no idea what are you talking about.
    Your whining does not correspond with neither your avatar nor the "warrior spirit" you try to show in forums. I demand you either stop whining or change the avatar and stop playing bushi immediately!

;)

P.S. ivan doesn't give a fuck about players suggestions since the beginnings of FH.

There is too few players at FH to allow half of them to sit in hmacks while others die from boredom and leave. Hmacks are extremely powerful - usually 1 hit, 1 kill. hmack influence on scores is bugged.

13. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

--stec I'm gonna slap ya ;)

.... or ivan does not exsist at all...
    [conspiracy theory deleted]
    :dura:

14. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Pietas seems you become older. Players get less fun from the game because there are no high emotions, which they have before, but that's normal.
    Some games are developing to stop players loose their fun, but FH doesn't. That's the only difference :)

15. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    True, I often think 'Am I ever going to top that?' - speaking of fun and intense emotions of times past.

:)

But it really is a normal reaction! You can't expect people to keep doing the same thing over and over without fluctuations in enjoyment like they're some kind of robot.

16. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Hummm..... I find that the new hmacks are not that accurate. Also the only reason I go to a jeep is during an attack on the base, I get vulched or shot down and/or go HO collied too close to the base only to get timed-out... no time to take off from another base as it's too far away.
    The only choice is to jump to the jeep as the last line of defense.

I, for one HATE hmacks. This is a FLYING game. Let us FLY!

What I'd like to see is only ack weenies with 88's and .50cal and NO time outs for HO, getting shot too near the base.

17. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

Yep, thats normal, and happends.
    But you wrong if you think that is the reason of present situation.
    Let me explain you why in 2003ad there were over 100 players online and now you cant find 30, usually with miserable skill level. I will tell you.

Reasons:
    1. Plane remodelling. Some popular planes are more and more brickable. These changes hurting only the best. These changes stealing from aces possibility to be an ace. If there are not a planes, which gives you possibility to make magnificient score, u will never become an ace. If someone will discover his skills in some type of plane, and will made it, bw will soon slaughter this plane type, because its a "bug" and it need to be "balance". This is what was happening since 2002, it started with 109g, p38, f6f, up to this day, look last changes typhoon and 190 ability decreased. If only a few ppl can change some plane in a deadly weapon, its not a bug. Its a result of his training, own work and his personal talent. There are better and worser ppl, someone could become outstanding. And last changes have direction to make all even. Theres no chance to be outstanding now. So ppl leave. Only a few, but this few , were a salt of this game.

2. Jeeps. Its air wargame. But developers give players new weapon - extremaly powerful hmack. This hmack, was a revolution. This revolution changed all sense of this game. Before, you could taste thousands airwars, there wars deciding about victory, number of ppl in air was high. When the hmack was released, full armored, fast, and armed with deadly 25mm 1-hit-justice, number of planes in air was start to going down.
    That was another disaster effect. Skilled, veteran players, who get air advantage fast, were surprised wit enemy resistance stopped. Less skilled enemy players, who had no chance with fighter combat, get fast into jeep and waiting for revenge. That weapon is the way to kill every one arena player by every novice. It was extremaly simple and effective defence.
    Why to fight against with the dragons who spent 3000 hours online and killed another 3000 cons? I will take jeep, and will kill the sucker and i dont give a shit his skills, it doesnt matter. Now look attacker. He is well trained bastard. He spent lot of time for improve his skills. He is just flying death. He beat already a few who try to use planes for defence. He is getting his purpose - get over field. But there is no more resistance. Only few ppl sitting and sitting on the ground driving jeeps. He is turning over field. And nothing is happening. Enemy stays on the ground. Salemate. He has no bombs, no rockets, he is an fighter and getting fun from air wars. His fuel is going low, he is going back. His fun is gone. He left the game. Who stays - poor in air, good on the ground.

3. Damage model. Damage model was a disaster mistake since 2004/2005. It has killed hundreds of FH-players, they were left. After 1.66 released, things get a bit better, it is at least playable. But those two years, was a suitside. I remember i left 2003, there was still 1k players at FH. When i was back 2005, there was only 500! Everyone here know the game wasnt normal anymore. Planes who broke after 1 hit, or in straight flight, you can shoot 5 planes using 15 bullets. Complete damage mess, too easy to kill, to easy to be killed, now survive and kill was nothing than accident. I can understand one month, two months , three months of that mistake, but was almost two years tuining this game spirit. Two years runing players trust. Not many survive that. You can see it now looking players online. If you are lucky, you will find 20, and some 10 sitting in jeeps.

4. Fuel level. In 2002/2003 there were never problems with fuel level. It started since last times (years). Someone stupid ivan started to limit fuel. Low fuel, doesnt hit poor, or quakerz, but it hits again the best. It hits aces mostly. Ppl who love hunting, hi-sky combat, the kings of the air wars. More high than them were only aliens (like independenca day movie). Lo fuel again influences entire game. Attackers, and defenders, it is against air wars, its another step for Panzer General game. Again ace who can do great score and get hist fun, he cant do this anymore, because of someone ivan steals him his fuel. Without fuel, its short range game, and even more short range fun.
    Its just like to build something. If you have no material, you will not build too many. Fuel, is the most important condition to become an ace. Witout this, you can stay only ace-quaker. But its only arcade. No simulation, tactics, just stick masturbating, good for kids, or ivan.

FH-team lost the players who having fun with airwars. Its probably happened because lack of average russian pilot skill. FH-crew is ivan crew, and the ivan players was probably screaming, give us this, give us that, disable this, disable that, this is too good, that is too good.
    Our planes are the best but we cant gets score make it better or prevent enemy to kill us. Looks like developers get the other way, and destroying some allied (not ivan) plane every update. Otherwise, developers are far from the best pilots, they just average or even complete absent ppl since years. But they have power, doing changes, and they already killed his own arena. Now i\m reporting it sucks and there are no aces anymore there.

These are true reasons, dont tell me i'm old :dura:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2006
  18. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

reason 1:
    Agree. When u found some documents where is plane better than here, developers said, that it is nonsense and documents are bad... (f6f5, f4u, spit 5b(!!!)............) :dunno:

reason 2:
    Agree. This game is primary about fld capturing (for me), but one jeep can kill 10 fighters+li2/ju52 easily. I saw 11 jeeps in one moment at F1, chance for cap? 0%... I have not nerves to be killed 10x in 2 hours by 1x25 from jeep's spray from d15...Who wants 25mm jeeps? Mart? How often Mart flew in last 10 TOD's?
    We have better on-line free tank sim- "Armored assault" ...

btw: you r old :D

19. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

11 jeeps at one airfield can be fixed by limiting number of jeeps that can be used at a field. eg. if it is small field limit should be 3 jeeps, medium field 5... etc...

20. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

or change to unlimited 12mm jeeps :rolleyes: