Report: Arena skills dropping critical!!

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by pietas, Sep 20, 2006.

1. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

I have left FH because of jeeps :/

2. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

"hmacks will not be removed" (as in "changed in any way")
    (c) hardy or what's his name

3. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

I agree 100% with pietas. Things were better for all, going way back. I believe versions 1.62 and below where better then the current version. but please don't ever go back to 1.63 that version just totally sucked. I agree that many planes were made sluggish (brickable to others) first planes were reduced to cut down on warping, but then this trend continued as pietas and fatale stated the only reason I can figure is favorite rides/planes of many excellent pilots were reduced not because of historic accounts or documentation but to give newbies(new pilots) a chance to kill very good pilots. I can see some reasoning because it can make the newbie think " hey, I must be pretty good I killed a darn good pilot! I think I'll stick around. Well this works to a point. you get some new blood added and staying in the game (a plus) but you make the decent long time pilots (salt of the game pilots/originals) decide well i'm leaving or will only come in when this plane is available and fly only limited sorties. (a negative) This is the case imho.

On the hmacks/jeeps as ron-in stated. it should be implemented as soon as possible. The limitation of only a few jeeps per field was mentioned some time back but I believe it fell on deaf ears or in our case blind eyes :( .

<S>

bullet

4. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

You guys left because you've got bored with WB or lost your sharpness and now you're trying to find an excuse.
    Jeeps are dumb but you can still find a decent a2a fight every now and then - there is still quite a few FH veterans remembering way older days of this server than pietas and as I already wrote, the new guys in this tough environment learn incredibly quick and can be a hell of a surprise sometimes.

5. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

And what is your excuse? Just last night in the main arena, you were not killed because of your own doing now were you? and what was it you said? something to this effect "that spin brought to you by rgreat" if that quote isn't exactly what you said it is pretty darn close. And when you said it, the only thing that ran through my mind as well as others is you didn't die/mess up on your own. You died because, had rgreat not messed with your plane of choice on that particular night.. you wouldn't have went into a bad stall/spin. Sounds to me like your blaming rgreat... am I wrong? So stop saying one thing here and another in the arena. I understand your reasoning for not wanting to add gasoline to a fire. because any new possible person/pilot that may stumble into FH forum and read this news may well decide not to give it a try and move on. But this is an attempt at trying to get the Fh team and developers to make this old but still fun flight sim even better. a better product breeds popularity hence more pilots. Here is a good saying to Fh team and developers. If you fix it, they will come. The they part implies new pilots as well as old ones.

<S> bullet

P.S. and thank you stec for aiding in the defense of f9 last night.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2006
  6. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

hay he had a long break in which spin model was heavily reworked
    we all had this stage when you could see planes spinning into the ground all around you (190's and 109's were funny :D you didn't even need to shoot at them :D )
    we got used to it, give the man some time

7. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

I may say a word or two about my feelings towards FM designer every time I'm killed by FH's absurdal spins but 2 seconds later I was back in air to take revenge. Everyone has equal chance to spin like I did, so I take it as a PART OF THE GAME and I don't intend to leave the server or constantly whine about it in forums because of that.
    Your planes were porked, guys? Cool, now you have good chance to show how good you are at using better tactics and perfect ACM to defeat enemies in superior planes.

Al, stop laughing at my spins, now!!
    :p

8. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

SIR, YES SIR!

(zart, narazie to ja tu jestem wyzszy stopniem :p)

9. thefox

thefox Well-Known Member

Very well said!!

The main reason I made major changes?

....this

[​IMG]

As you can tell from the images...as rediculous as they seem, were how the aircraft was pictured in my mind as it reacted after the change. It felt like I was dragging a chute, flying with amputated wings/props/control surfaces and a made-up spin that does not exist on this type of aircraft.

I fought and fought these guys and brought all kinds of information out. They asked for data...but they of course did not and do not have data for the OTHER aircraft people whine about, otherwise I would expect to see the stats they used for input.

Now that after 2 years away and coming back, I noticed an update...I started flying and noticed things were about 80% back to what they were when I remember flying.
    Other than feeling like my plane's guns have cerebral palsy, it's very good to me now.

As for jeeps? Well....:dunno: They never affected me or my flying abilities or practices, then or now. I consider ground forces easy targets to bomb.

So, the reason people are dropping out of this WB Host? I think it is mainly because they don't make the game fun, they try to make it "realistic". When it's all said and done....the game gets ruined.

Why do we have this host site for WB in the first place? To prove how realistic it can get, or how fun it can be for hours?!? Attendance speaks for itself.

10. Helrza

Helrza Well-Known Member

My name is Helrza.... and im addicted

11. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

2 pietas:

1. Really I don't care about FM. I don't like present Fw190a4 compared the last one as well. But I hope, that Developers are really trying to make it balanced and "comparable" to real planes (if we really can talk about comparison between the arcade game called "warbirds" and real WW2 planes).

Try imagine that you come to game with the current FM and you have no experience flying old Fw190. Try imagine yourself as newb on some kind of plane, who had no experience.

2. Agree. IMHO Jeep model should be changed, but Developers had their own opinion. But jeeps aren't very big problem for me.

3. I don't care about DM. But I know, that Developers (Aike) had spent lotta time trying make "appropriate" DM. There are many DM limitation left from IEN warbirds model, which could not be changed. Also you can compare MA DM with TH DM, developer by -exec-. These DM's have absolutely different principles of operation. Try compare it.

If you have some ideas how to improve MA DM, please ask Admins. They can tune some arena-parameters DM using arena settings. Admins can setup TA for you with special settings for testing. If you wish improve DM let's try improve it changin arena settings first. But you should count that another players have their own opinions as well and they can find "your settings" be worse.

Sample: arena parameters had constant gunrad/bulletradius for the years, and only Yivan had proposed decrease these values. In few days we will open poll about make these changes permanent (see thread "Sticky: Current MA/TA settings" http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29898 for details)

4. There are too many aspects with fuel settings... And the main reason is "planes had developed and tested with 100% fuel settings", that means that planes are balanced when they have 100% fuel.

May be try open a poll and see what the majority of players wanna see UFO planes or some kind of balance or something else?..

12. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

i like nigger music & white women, am i a hypocrite?

13. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

pietas sorties 100, killed 33 :)

14. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Hummm.... so the "highly skilled aces and good pilots" fly around an enemy field in range of jeeps for air to air combat..... and because of fuel limits you cannot stay over the field so long any more......

sounds more like vulching to me...

People are leaving because of many reasons.

some have outgrown the game, some have better things to do some don't have time anymore to play so much.

The game is not fun anymore. Now there are several ways it's no longer fun.

Too many cheaters? Too many "realistic" planes now?
    Too many "UNrealistic" planes now?
    Too many people being vulched, cheated out of kills, by planes that don't catch fire, planes that warp, planes that they always die in when going HO... for whatever reasons, flight model, damage model, cheats, bad connections, server glitchs, poor gamesmanship, no co-operation... there are going to be many explanations and not all of them 100% the truth.

Maybe there can be a way of jumping into air to air combat?

What about a "sign-up" to a mission where one goes to a special field and is warped to an air to air furball at a certain alt with other planes.
    Alomst like the offline practice scenario of bomber intercept except the bombers are a group of fighters at the same alt, just a few miles away.

There must be some way the admins can work it to make the game more playable....

15. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

at least a racist....

16. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

so he's right!!! :D

loooool helrza :D

17. pedzel

pedzel Well-Known Member

OK When new FHLauncher??

18. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

Ouch, you surprised me. I care FM very much! Trust me, if i'm getting home after work, and i am running WB, i am doing this because i have pleasure to fly my favour planes. You better try imagine, how it fells like, when some day some developer will kill your fun forever. You fell cheated, ignored, and pissed off..
    You feel one big piece of game fun has been stolen from you. Now you wondering why they do it? Every computer game the only magnet is fun, why they are killing it? Is it possible? They are developers, they should care to give ppl more and more fun, why they do opposite? Well, i spent here few years and i know an answer yet. But it will not give me back my f6f, it's all gone. It exists only in my memory, I will always remember it, because i get tons of fun. And i will hate ivan developers forever, as the victim of their ignorance and cheating. Yep cheating. I'am a player. Game rules are simple and the same for everyone. It's clear. Unfortunately when you start go get too good, ivan will remodel your plane soon to save his moron ivan poor skilled comrades screaming at russian forum. This is cheat. This happends not because ivan developer is watching you. No, he doesnt give a shit international community. But your ivan victims are crying more and more. And they are the only care ivan developer will listen. Ok enough.

Your hope is funny for me, but you are ivan and you think like ivan, i understand ;) My point is: there is no hope anymore, in fact, 1.66 was a proof where developers have place designed for international community, it is here :ass: We wanted to remove hmacks (there was a huge pool won +30international/20russians ), but we get another pe-2 (!!!), and some hardy said HMAKS WILL NOT BE REMOVED. Yep, sad, just like punch straight in the face.

2. I can kill a jeep with a bomb or a rocket. Its not impossible to kill it. Problem is, this people should to fly, not to sit on the ground. Otherwise, the game is fucked up. They sit on the ground only because hmacks are 10 times more powerful than should be. People are not stupid. Stupid is to try to take off, or to take off other field, when you can just use 25mm jeep (really). Stupid is to fly at the moment - well thats stupid at all, because its still called "air combat simulator". Thats why its big problem for me. Much less enemy in air!

3. As i said, DM is now playable. I have suggestions, but will not made any pool anymore (after hmaks pool), and its not so bad now. I only wrote, 2004/2005 FH developers killed half of FH community because of sick DM. DM mostly fixed now. But these ppl are gone yet.. 500 ppl! Developers should get Darwins price for that.

4. Fuel is condition to become an ace. I have no prob with 100% fuel. I have prob with fueldiv ratio. Put it at 1.0 levell - all maps once and forever - this is my solution. 0.6 will kill another half of this game fun you coud get, and also will prevent people to become an ace. Without fuel, you will not save your ammo, you will not shoot close, you will not learn patience.

19. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

20. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

mb reason 5? :D
    [​IMG]