RIP Tabahost

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Asmumy, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Asmumy

Asmumy Well-Known Member

It was good while it lasted.

Franz announced the end of Tabajarahost because of lack of players and disagreements with members of his team and even players. Franz felt unjustified and dissolved the Taba.

:rose:

2. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

That's too bad. I hope the skills and time spent for creation of TH carry on in the form of, uh, how shall I say this;
    WBFH
    Flight sims I liked were:
    MSFS, X-Plane, WBFH, Targetware and TH.
    I had brain strokes and cannot do air combat sim anymore, so then there were two, MSFS and Xplane. Now MSFS is gone too.
    :(

3. Krok-

Krok- Well-Known Member

Bad news:(

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

5. fas---

fas--- Дремучий патриархал

Welcome to FreeHost!

6. joseh-

joseh- Well-Known Member

HHAHAHAHAHAH! Very good!

@topic
    Due to democracy at TabaHost people fought they should be the owners of the server. I am a TH Pilot and I can say I see these kind of things happening all the time I am there. So a bunch of fucking red pilots - the JAMBOCK 1st Brazilian Squad - started to complain too much about DM-review and FM of gold planes, using empty accusations, 'cause Franz and the team provided a lot of data, logs and graphics to deny their accusations, and then they started to threaten and inveigh some people, libeling and flooding the forum with many topics about the same things, always the same things, then Franz decided to give up a bit to cool out...

I hope it come back some day...
    TH arena should be like FH arena/forum: -exec- rules :D

7. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

sad to hear...
    lucky we are here, cause already went through those dirty flames in russian part of forum raged in 2000-2007. current curses are just chit-chat comparing to those.
    hope franz will renew the work and taba-forum moderators will do their job finally.

8. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

JAMBOCK were homosexuals anyway.

9. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

always tried to sneak from behind?

10. Asmumy

Asmumy Well-Known Member

Agreed.

11. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I agree. We are very free to rant in here and exec seldom has to step in and take authority authority. I think he has done a good job. Perhaps dmocracy has limits?????
    We all have police, in every culture. Even in cultures where people behave themselves wonderfully, there are individuals who 'shit disturb.' Banning is a good way to let a user know he/she has 'shit-distrubed.'

12. Higgns

Higgns Well-Known Member

I loved it but had to go back to an older computer or I would have flown it often.

Hopefully.....someday it will rise again.

13. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

GUESS WHAT?
    [bump]
    TH Lives.
    Works hastle-free.

14. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear it was closed-down.

They seemed to be very progressive and hard working to offer such a fine game.

:rose: :rose: :rose:

15. looseleaf

If that were the case, then couldn't Franz just ban them rather than close it down?

16. looseleaf

That is NOT Democracy; a few members making noise and threats because their complaints have been proven invalid to the point of forcing the admin/owners to close the service down?

They always have the choice of not playing.

Attempting to destroy or upset a free online game is NOT sportsman-like conduct, it is NOT democratic and it may be illegal.

Kick the bastards out and file a complaint with the police.

See if the punks don't STFU fast.

17. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Can't get the police to do anything here and in game, there are a lot of players with usernmaes like hjuyth and lkpteg etc. Not in TH.
    It wouldn't bother me at all if FH had similar means of associating a player with his forum name with his IP address.
    And as far as who is cop here? Exec is and that is okay. I think he is overworked. I wonder if he ever waves his arms and shouts, FUCK, I DON'T HAV TO TAKE THIS CRAP!
    He is more easygoing than any cop, anywhere.
    Franz has now tied login name to IP address [or the IP Block or group or something like that? Not sure and I know bugger all about net...] to membership in the forum, they are dependent on each other. If you aren't in the web site as a signed up member, you aren't a player. I think that is a good thing.
    I don't see hatred typed on the text when I play in the TH. Maybe there is, but I haven't seen it. I don't speak portuguese so I might miss some insults.
    In the TH forum, there is some courtesy. AGain, I don't know if it 100% but it seems okay.
    To me.
    Franz is a gentlman.
    I like TH.

Here, if I was forbidden to user bad language and if I was forbidden to speak verbotten talk, I wouldn't use this forum, but I would still play FH.
    TH is newer and it has diffferent rules and ethics and I am fine there too.

Democracy does and should have limits.
    In the TH Franz explains a bit. I think he waved his arms and shouted, "I don't have to take this crap!"

18. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I do think the Devs should assert their authority more to keep some of this non-sense down to a minimum.

19. Rainer

Rainer Well-Known Member

Nonsense as defined by whom? Where?

20. looseleaf

If I may quote the FH great scholar and statesman and commentator of the human condition; the honorable Mcloud:

"the monkey with the biggest stick."

:D