ROBBED!

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Malino, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

LOL, Guess thats the end of the England mania for another year.

Well done Portugal.

Mal

2. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

That was one nice game to watch ,supported Portugal from the beginning ,wtg Portugal! :cheers:

3. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Portugal deserved to win imo. England scored in 2 minutes, then sat back for 88. The disallowed goal was debatable, but whether he likes it or not John Terry did impede the goalie. Chances are the goalie wouldnt have reached it anyway tho...

It's still anyone's tournament. The French havent impressed so far.

-glas-

4. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

That referee oughta get his eyes checked! In what way did Terry 'impede' the goalie other than by just being there and trying to score a friggin goal? Oh well, it was still an outstanding game! :kruto:

P.S. Err ... is this a thumbs-up smiley or am I just telling you to go fishing? Hmm ...

5. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

His arm was over the goalkeeper's shoulder. There is a great photo in the Sun today (well it's in the Scottish Sun, probably not the English version ;) ) that show's the goalie was an inch or two away from getting his fingers to the ball.

As I said, he probably wouldnt have stopped Campbell scoring, and I reckon that what Terry did was unintentional. I dunno what happens if it is unintentional tho, but he still impeded him.

Oh and btw, the game was far from outstanding. It was one-way traffic for 85 minutes or so. Perhaps you mean Portugal were outstanding (I didnt see it that way myself) but England as a team, and the type of football they played, was definitely not outstanding. Dutch v Czechs was what I would call outstanding.

-glas-

6. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Oh come on, lose the Scots vs English rivalry attitude for a second and admit that the English (although they had their weak moments) fought like lions! :p They were a little inactive during some periods of the game, but they kept coming back. I think they displayed a great deal of determination ... more than our team could have mustered in all its 3 matches combined. :rolleyes:

7. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

the goal shouldnt be counted, referee made a right decision
    in the inner area keeper cant be stopped in that way
    wtg Portugal, they made it to semi finals, but thats gonna end there ;)

8. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Hey, I wont argue that they gave absolutely everything in that game. What I was saying tho is that they were far from skillful.

Defending on your six yard line and being unable to keep the ball for more than 6 passes is hardly outstanding ;) It's a poor way to play football, grabbing a 1 goal lead then sitting back. The Italians get plenty of stick for it, why not England?

@ spuint: Agreed. They probably shouldnt get so much protection, but with the rules as they stand, the referee called it right imo.

-glas-

9. ~peek~

~peek~ Well-Known Member

Goals like that are disallowed week in and week out in football leagues all over the world, yet we do not get commentators screaming cheat, homer etc