Roll call - who's still here and actually still flies?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Red Ant, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Just wondering .... I haven't played in what feels like 2 years, but I'm getting a brand new computer in a week and I think I'm definitely going to give you guys some target practice. :fly2:

What numbers do you get in the arena? It was pretty bad when I stopped playing ... many times the arena would be totally empty. Is it still like that or have things picked up a little?

(I'm just reading age-old forum topics in a stroke of nostalgia. :cheers:)

2. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I still log in.
    And wait a bit.
    Then I exit.
    Every day I do that, a couple times.
    Send me a message in PM here or find my google+ thing, as seen below in my sig.

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

puter is in the repair..

4. tazman88

tazman88 Well-Known Member

I am still here. I will also take this opportunity to introduce a new player:

warfox

I was in the TA with him yesterday practicing take offs. He will be ready to join MA in about a week or so:super:.

5. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

Hi ant!

Welcome back :)
    'fraid it's quite slow, I havent flown in a few weeks as it's quite empty..

6. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

We have a pretty spotty attendance but, folks who want to fly/participate need to at least log into the wbchat so when someone checks the arena, they can see you there! I've been doing that while I work on my computer.

Would be nice to see you in the air again! :)

7. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Just my luck I clean-off the desk and the 'significant other" leaves me alone so I sneak-out the joy stick and set-up to play and nobody is there !

4 times now and all I get is the miserable off line practice mode...

( is the P-51 and P-39 so slow in the on line game...?? god the acceleration SUCKS. HELL THE P-40 feels faster... !!!)

so I am thinking: could the Forum page show if anyone is on line playing..

or could there be a spot in the forum page the gives a window showing who was on line and when or when someone is planning to be there.

This way anyone who logs into Forum gets a shot of information rather than having to jump around closing websites, navigate etc.....

It sure would be great to have an on line version of the off line play with a little more boost in the speeds and accelerations as to make for faster practice and overwhelming odds. Double-up on the bots etc,

Oh well just wishing...

Goddamm kids playing Halo and Warcraft......

8. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Redant I just come to the forum...I would play again too so Im wondering as well what the arena is like these days..

PS. Luthansa says I can't get my money back for tickets to the 5th annual Frosch convention in Passau since I bought them only 2 days ago or something and should have known the place was flooded and frosch sympathizers broke into the hotel and threw them all into the flood or something so they could be in their natural habitat. :zzz:

9. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

10. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Yeah, yesterday I had an F4u Corsair and P51 Must fly over my house and performed some maneuvers, whistling by at an amazing speed. :cool:

11. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Hahah!

Hi, whoever you are in the arena. %)

12. Red Ant

LOL :D

13. flygod

flygod Well-Known Member

It is slim pickins latley I say. How about we all agree to log in at a certain time everyday? or how about login at the hour like 6 pm, 7pm etc. ? That way when every one is free to play, login stright up at the hour and maybe we can catch one another? I'll check in at 8pm in 30 min hope to see someone???
    flygav

14. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Well I have been checking in here and there with 0 players or 1 or 2 and I will log in opposite of them, but when i do they are either above radar can't see em or find them or they are just sitting in the tower or they have closed a base and i'll get in the air to intercept them but they log out and /or go toanother base on the other side of the map. a very sad state FH is in, and with regrets I think it is time to just uninstall this game for good. It has been fun, but lets just face it, this decline of our beloved game has been going on for a long time and I feel their is nothing left of it. I flew with and against many of you, have made friends and enemies but one thing for sure is it was entertaining and I would like to thank any and all who kept this game going for so long for all the fun (and aggravation) God I really miss the days when 50 or more flew, but now it is few and far between. I just can not linger here anymore hoping it will change. Once again Thank You very much everyone for the fun through the years. a final <S>

bullet out! (poof!)

15. Red Ant

Meh, now that I got my new computer, I went ahead and broke my collar bone in a silly bike accident, so now I'm sitting here with my joystick arm stuck in an arm sling. :dura:

16. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

what would happen if we just brought back the game the way it was 7 years ago? Is that possible? I mean the old flight models and stuff. I bet lots of players would come back.

17. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Hope that you are back to 100% health soon, man.

BTW, in a week I'll be in Frankfurt for a few hours, on the way to visit some FreeHost pilots in Kazakhstan :) Lufthansa has daily service to KZ.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to fly much in WB these last few months, but I wish that I could...

Get well soon, sir! Oder sei gesund oder so was :)

18. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Hmm. Well, you get to practice with your other arm. :)

19. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

I am vasco- in the arena.

20. tazman88

tazman88 Well-Known Member

cc im out too. The youtube thing was a good idea but its too late in the game for that. No pun intended