Root Login Attempts rejected for about two hours.

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by hezzey, Jul 16, 2020.

1. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

When I booted up, there was, of course a User Password to enter.
    That worked.
    I would then be at the PCs GUI Desktop Next was to do a thing that required a Root Password [to Windows uses that is called administrator Password. Look it doesn't matter what that software requiring a Root Password was, FUCK OFF and don't be stupid, it doesn't matter!!!! [Yes, I did try a couple other apps, software that require to enter a Root Password. I examined my passwords entries by typing them in a editing app, and then PASTING them into the selection box...... I could not use my Root Was that demand YES I tried other software that normally require a Root Password. Shut the fuck up and do not dare me ANY stupid answers or Guesses. Especially MSWindows users, FUCK the fuck off, okay? [Did you try to re-install? FUCK YOU!!!!!!]
    For an hour, no coffee or smoke even, as I have not gone to the store. OMFG, that is like hell, Habituated to Coffee and a Smoke, everyone who does that as a So-Called habit knows what it feels like.

TBC, I have to get out of here and go find a cup of coffee and a pack of smokes...
    I hope I don't get attacked or find out Da Gubment has changed all driving lanes to left or centre......... FUCK.
    Everything is strange and dangerous, EVERYTHING, when a smoker and coffee drinker has NOT had a smoke or a coffee after waking up.
    Don't lecture me.
    I mean that.
    Linux user
    Root and User password are well known to me, in my muscle memory sort-of even.
    DON"T lecture me with stupid bullshit, I can't handle that right now
    TBC
    I tell what came next, after my coffee and smoke.
    Maybe the Sheep Will Look Up...
    FUCK COFFEEEEEEE Crumbs in the keyboard??? Fuck Off I already said that
    Is the ketboard dirty?
    Fuck off, I already said that
    TBC

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  2. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Ever had your Operating system install something for you? or change a setting for your convenience?
    In this case, a system update [or a software update, I am not sure] while I slept, or something.... had done that and a New Shiny Keys Codex was set up wrong....Auto-Magically... The system Had Self-Changed my choice of Keyboard I am glad it was only a little change [like a comma Key where there is normally a dot] because it could have changed to a really strange one.....like Mandarin or Urdu, OH FUCK. Oh, if I had saw a bunch of Mandarin characters all over the display...... I would have clued in right away........... but it was sneaky.....
    I reached into a closet and found a classic keyboard, some old monster from the 90s and tried again. Worked fine [oh, the thing had chosen "American" English. WTF, there is no suck country], and then I saw a little thing down below, the Keyboard Chooser. It wasn't there yesterday. Simple, but simple is often NOT easy.
    I did a weird and Wacky change and then that thing was okay.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  3. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

My son said, did you try reinstalling? I dare not tell him, YOU ARE A FUCKING RETARD!
    I might have done that, if the Coffee and Smoke didn't help.......

4. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I have, for years, been really confused by dates like 10/07/09.
    Every time I see that I want to find a guy with a STUPID MAGA hat and beat the shit of him.....

5. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

I once installed zoom on my pc. It's not opensource, but I needed it in the covid situation. I had very strong doubts, but it seemed necessary at that point.
    I'm running linux too and something messing up your stuff is unacceptable. This zoom had a little program packed with it, which too changed my keyboard settings in order to make available some silly emoticons. It installed without a warning, which is not a linux habit.

I uninstalled the whole thing, fuck it. Haven't even tried it in wine, it was that disgusting.
    Proprietary programs are so sneaky, I hate them.

6. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I just endured a sneaky software. I got errors at Install Password Entry Failed go to this website was a massage...., I tried again, more errors, same link. And again. More errors.
    I paid 70 bucks, and the software would not install OR work.
    NO explanation, but then tried to click the silly message....
    I was reward with
    You need to use this password.
    The password was a few hundred numbers and letters, both cases... O or 0 ??? I 0r l ??? What the fuck??????? BITMAPED Wall Of Text...
    WTF?,
    It is obvious to me that the makers were trying to be smart asses, having the nerve to suggest I type a 500 character Password, by hand, ya cannot copy-past a bitmap into a Password entry field.
    I have since deleted the software, will never try to install it again........, and eccpt the maker is now Out Of Business. I wish I had known that at the beginning, not at the end of that process...... Copy and past a bitmap into a pswrword entry??????
    That is cheeky!!!!

7. mcgru-

mcgru- Well-Known Member

:super:
    what a moron accepted the date style format as MM/DD/YY ....

vasco likes this.
  8. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Is inconvenient as hell.

9. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

So is using yankee weights and measurements.