Rules & Penalties

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Beebee, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Beebee

Beebee Well-Known Member

Rules & Penalties

Some PPL tell me that i will be banned becose i Selfbomb , Vulch and i have sometimes warps.....

I Need FULL Info About Rules and Penalties At FH.

Example :

Selfbombing after someone kill me = BAN ?

Vulching Starting / Landing Plane = BAN ??

Warps ... Ping more 1k = BAN ???

Changing Planes Ordinance...

Spying....

and others :)

I NEED FULL OFFICIAL Info From Admins About Rules And Penalties At FH.

If Admins dont reply i assume that FH have no rules and i do what i want...

1 person likes this.
  2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Re: Rules & Penalties

project is on the way... that i must translate :shuffle:

3. miixch

miixch Well-Known Member

What do you mean ? Is there any unofficial ordinances ?

btw ... unfortunetly there are no written main arena behavior rules here at FH I suppose, so you can be baned, anytime an admin considers u ruin others game using game bugs.

4. Beebee

Beebee Well-Known Member

cc Miixch unofficial ordinances :) ( ofcorse i dont use this... If someone know how change ordinace pls write to me :p )

So i Stop Play FH until Official Rules & Penalties show up.

Exec Pls Hurry :)

5. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W

:ass:
    guy is trolling.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  6. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Self-bombing is just wrong period. You do it just so someone else doesn't get the credit for downing you and in my eyes and many others that is just pathetic and is worthy of a ban because this is a combat flight sim and people are here to to have the thrill of airial combat. To denie someone a kill after they worked hard to down you with you dropping a bomb just as you impact is definately worthy of a ban.

About vulching, No one likes it, but it happened in real combat and was common and excepted because you kill or deduct an enemy plane from possibly doing the same to you later on. A war of attrition. If you don't like being vulched take off from another field, plain and simple really. and upon landing with a con on your six well I would think that is the pilots choice whether to let you attempt landing safely or quickly with rounds going off all around you. in most cases the attacker is taking his chances too with field ack or hmacks blasting away at him. So Vulching does not warrent a ban. self-bombing should be definately.

bullet

7. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

1. There are no official rules for players.

That's not big deal to make an rules but there are several problems:

a). There are some kind of community which don't wanna see any rules for players in general. E.g. they consider that everyone should be allowed which server allows to do. (e.g. if server allows to warp - you can warp; if servers allows spy, using country change bug- you can spy, etc.)

b). There are some kind of players, which consider it's allowed to use unlim ammo/invulnerable planes/etc., if player had the correct packet substitution program.

c). Developers/Admins/Players opinions are quite different. See point #3.

2. Miixch is right. More than 6 years FH has one rule, it's like: "player could be penalized if admin considers u ruin others game using game bugs". That is ok till we have health community, where everyone have respect for another player. I guess and I hope the majority of community had such kind of respect.

3. Some Admins and Developers had different opinions. There are many admins at FH/MA. Each admin has his own vision. There are some Developers, they had their own vision as well. There are high authority in the person of Aike and UF. And they had it's own opinion as well.

The opinions are really different, e.g. some Admins/Developers consider spying/attach just give "new fun" to the game.

Concerning Beebee sample I can talk only about myself as admin. All samples are just suppositions. I have no credentials to talk instead of -Aike- or UF or somebody else. So my personal concepts are the following:

Selfbombing after someone kill me =
    - don't care for the moment.
    As player I can type something like "what a shame, xxxxxx selfkiller". But I can change my opinion about selfkilling in the future.

Vulching Starting / Landing Plane =
    - don't care (what a absurd, I always vulch starting plane :) )

Warps ... Ping more 1k =
    - ask to get buff or exit from arena;
    - kick from arena if player warps and continues to fly fighters;
    - kick on next warp/etc.

Changing Planes Ordinance =
    - don't care if no active bug present.

Spying =
    - ban.

Strafing friendly runways by 30mm/ dropping bombs on friendly runways =
    - notification + kick;
    - temporary ban if player continue doing that dirty things.

3. Also, I have to note, that there are the draft of rules for admins, which -hardy- is unable to translate and didn't give me permission to translate it at General forum. I guess -exec- is talking about it. But that "admin code" is connected only about admins actions.

4. There are onofficial, "moral" code as well. E.g. this kind of code don't allow me to kill empty bomber or kill enemy plane, which is going to land. But that type of code don't works for me, as admin when we are talking about penalty and cheating.

Personal for Beebee: stop trolling and back to game :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  8. Saddan

Saddan Well-Known Member

Is strafing enemy airstrip ok ?

i love to do it X)

[Correction]

Not exactly strafing, but using small 50kg bombs to try to hit or damage aircrafts takingoff from a field (while i am on a buff)

9. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

That's ok :) Why not? Enemy can relog and "your" holes disappear.

10. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

exactly
    http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23447

is destroying enemy buildings ok?

and about vulching, wtf?
    any action against enemy side is allowed, unless it involves cheating, bug exploiting etc

11. miixch

miixch Well-Known Member

On more thing about spying beebee.
    You and any of your squad mates can not spy unless you are member of KG51 Edelweiss squadron.
    Your squad CO -cbfs- signed the agreement called:
    "The agreement between squads about the spying disuse on FH"
    which you can read in this forum topic:
    http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16511

12. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

imo that is one of the reasons why LC didn t signed, cbfs cant watch what beebee does

13. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

he can always kick his ass out

14. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

that's what arena admins want; but we are waiting for rules by developers (hardy for example).
    i can't follow the russian discussion.

at the moment, we don't punish selfkilling, but i blame such people at the wiki.

vulching, killing ditched or landing planes has no punishment right now.

spying is not really a ban, but if we see a person with a second monitor watching the rdr and enemy radio, we want to discuss with the owner of the rdr-account.
    to get in contact with the owner, we may ban the account.
    because i can't follow the russian discussion, i can't understand a good reason for rdr-accounts.
    but you are allowed to use a friend on the other side.
    that's why you should not talk about raids in the country channel.

i hope, we will hear something about the transparent cockpits.

i wonder how admins banned pilots in the past for gunnery and warping. the tools for the new arena-admins seems to be not good enough to be trustworthy.

afaik, you can use the .otto command as you wish.
    ac, rg, and rt were disabled by aike after massive prodest.

conclusion: for the moment, you can do what you want.
    before you get banned, you should be warned private and on the blue channel (for warping for example).
    or the ban is only to get in touch with you (email to arena-admins@von-oertzen.org).

Last edited: Jun 24, 2006
  15. casper1

casper1 Well-Known Member

Hello all,
    I wanted to post on this topic. It is to me, an important issue.
    In my oppinion, there are catagory's that are discussed in this thread and maybe if we can look at these as such, it may help.
    First , we have cheats,bugs,manipulation of game. (invisable cockpit,unlimited ammo or fuel,ordanance change,warp) These are things that some people are obsessed with trying to figure out. They will spend hrs and hrs trying to crack programs and codes. I would hope that admin. could and would deal with this type with ban. For example,I know that for awhile, if you had a bad connect, your guns did not fire. What happened to that ????

Second, we have moral issues,( self bombing,vulching,spying). IMo, these are things that are left to individual. Everyone has different oppinion on these things. I don't like it and try not to self bomb but in order to close a field, I have went for the target wounded and ended in self bomb.

As most know, we have a new squad. *Ghosts in the Machine*. It was not formed because my callsign is casper. "Ghosts" represents the FH of 5 or 6 years ago, when pilots that flew here did have morals. A lot of those pilots left this community because of these very issues. We cannot change manipulations and cheats but we try to hold respect for ALL pilots as best we can.

Mixer has a good statement.

Thank you
    Casp:super:

16. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

Some (most) pilots do have morals even now, and some individuals did use bugcheats and plain cheats also 5-6 years ago. IMO nothing have changed in that. Only nicks have.

17. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

That's not self-bombing, that's fulfilling the mission to the last consequence. Self-killing is when you drop those bombs just to deprive the enemy of his kill.

18. casper1

casper1 Well-Known Member

hacks and cheats have been around since the beginning of internet gaming I suppose. You are right, somethings never change.

19. Lesiu

Lesiu Well-Known Member

Sorry, but selfbombing (in middle of nowhere) is wrong and should be punished. If you selfbomb trying to hit target on enemy field, well, it is acceptable.
    Vulching is acceptable as well - you don't have to roll from attacked field.
    Killing landing planes - hard to say. IMHO: if con declared rtb and disengaged, I will let him land, if not - I'll attack to get kill (besides if con is trying to land on 'healthy' field, attacker is risking being shot by acks). And one rule: if field is being attack, and you are taking chances by landing or taking off... Well, it is your decision, face the consequences.
    Spying is wrong.

1 person likes this.
  20. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

hey, how many times will peple write the same o' stuff here?
    We've had lots of such topics, none of which ever helped or changed anything, so now that we have the formalities out of the way we can concentrate on what's important here: OFF-TOPIC:

GO ENGLAND!!!