Russia-Georgia-Ottesia News Explanations PLEASE?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by looseleaf, Aug 11, 2008.

1. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Only proves one can be very intelligent and completely insane.

Intelligence is no guaranty that one will not fall off the deep end.

2. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

lol, you make up your own story and then try to ascribe it to me. sorry

my desire for the world order is in fact quite capitalistic: the small countries ("the customer") have better chances to be free in a world with several independent players rather than if everybody is entangled in the american net.
    the Truth also has better chance of survival

Currently every country that attempts to live along lines americans do not like or understand is isolated, embargoed and ruined.

But the Shanghai pact is going to challenge that. And the growing independence in South America.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  3. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

And if it does - it is milked until it's dry.

I fail to translate it, maybe you'll have an idea?

- Что надо делать чтобы корова меньше ела и больше давала молока?

- Её надо меньше кормить и больше доить!

We experienced it for about ten years, under Gorby and Yeltsyn. The very fact that our current regime is able to have it's own foreign policy and tell "civilized nations" not to fucking lecture us - is amazing for most of the Russians.

After 888 the West finally showed it openly that they didn't "fight Evil Commies" (tm), they just fought Russian people. They don't need a free, democratic and prosperous Russia, they need us sick and starving, pumping oil for free and dieing for their profits.

So it goes. I hope I didn't offend anyone. I mean - regimes, not Western people.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  4. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

don't worry, until people like you are around in russia, people like putin will always have someone who'll buy their crap and be fuckin' happy and proud about it

cheers

5. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Live with it. Most of russians think so.

6. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

I know, it's sad.

7. Boroda

What's so wrong about Putin? He's a first leader in decades who minds our national interests, not some foreign chewing-gum/soda salesmen.

8. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

it's not about putin himself, but I can bet that he minds his personal interests the most, as every other high ranking figure

it's about believing and applauding everything they say or do, even when it's clearly done just to get that applause, he does lots of publicity stunts

and he is still running the country, that makes me wonder

9. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Yes, but you guys need better written talking points. We Americans are "gum-chewing soda salesmen," my friend :)

But you are right about Putin, of course. Yes, I said that.

10. PG monster

PG monster FH Consultant

"The Guardian"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2008/sep/16/usforeignpolicy.republicans

"Get ready, world. Managed mass democracy and market capitalism are coming. It'll be good for you. We promise!"

Sometimes the "hidden hand" of the free economy feels a little ? violating, I know. But that's just its adolescent fumbling. Your inhibitions - or local economy - need to be dropped. Take a deep breath. If it hurts, just lie back and think of England. Or take this pill. We're going to do a little role-playing here. It'll be kinky. I'll be America, and I'll start: "Now, open your markets, bitch! I'm going to liberate you so hard."
    :super:

11. Boroda

Didn't mean to offend you :(

My point is that we traded free medical care, education and other underestimated Soviet achievements for chewing gum and Coke.

USSR was a pain in the ass for corporations because it was a huge market of 300,000 people - and closed for them. Pepsi, Adidas and other "licensed" goods producers didn't get much too.

I am not a big fan of Putin, have to partially agree with -al--- on this, we, ordinary Russians don't get anything from, say, high oil prices. It's all in the hands of small gang of crooks, who's last intention is to make our life better. And Putin still supports their interests before ours. Just look at the military equipment contracts: in 8 years of Putin Armed Forces got like 2 times less hardware then in 8 years of Yeltsin... Words, only words. 40+ years old T-62s in Ossetia - a good example.

In 1917 they took it from a few and gave it to everyone, in 1991 they took it from everyone and gave it to the few. Now a handful of crooks own everything that was built by millions of people working their ass off for 70 years.

But even such a little change in attitude is almost unbelievable. At least now we have a chance that things will keep getting better. It will take ages, because we got everything destroyed here for Coke and chewing gum, in 1927-41 it took enormous effort, and now the gap is maybe even bigger, but little by little - we have a chance.

12. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

But wait, I was against the early economic attacks on Russia after the CCCP disappeared. I remember those days very well. It was not a good time for idealists who liked Russian culture, I can tell you.

I heard and saw some American business people talking about exploiting Russia and I was horrified. As an American, I did not want that. And as someone who had spend years looking at Russian culture, I wanted the best for Russian people. Well, the US industrial people wanted from Russia what they eventually found in China -- cheap labor and infrastructure.

13. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

No, you didn't offend me :) I have been following US/Soviet/Russian relations since 1976 or so, man :)

To me, it is simple. Russians are Russians and Russia is Russia, and the USA has no authority -- morally or legally -- to tell Russia what to do.

At this time I wonder which US future politicians will respect Russia. I don't know the answer.

Yes, my fellow Americans -- I like Russia. I think Putin does some good things. Also, Nazarbaev is helping his people, yes I said it.

14. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

15. tazman88

tazman88 Well-Known Member

Russian naval fleet is now headed to Venezuela for joint training exercises.

This is a bit alarming to me, but in practice its nothing new. The United States conducts "training exercises" off the coast of singapore (near china) and in the Mediterranean (near tunisia and lybia) and it would not surprise me if it has done training in the black sea.....

Still though, such American-like behavior does not seem like something the putin would do. Something must be up

Comments people?

16. hepcat

hepcat New Member

Why worry about amerika? Our leaders are morally and financially bankrupt. Russia needs to look to the southern border. Your pop declines while china's grows. How long till they look to all that empty land? I would love to see us align instead of all this fussin and a feudin. <S>:alc:

17. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

it has

18. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Yeah, nothing is up? Or did you think they were going to challenge the USN in a huge naval battle in the Caribbean?
    Putin is showing us that, after more than a decade of licking her wounds, Russia is back on the world stage, that's all.

19. Boroda

No, they were just delivering "humanitarian aid" (diapers and bottled mineral water, LOL) to Georgia, like 17 tons of goods with a 8000 ton guided-missile destroyer. :D

Looks like that little Russian adventure in Caucasus spoiled American plans of using Black Sea as a safe pool for missile attack on Iran. Not much fun launching cruise missiles with Russian Black Sea Fleet carefully watching, while Turkey left no doubt they don't like what's going on too.

It didn't reach the news, but I won't be surprised if Russia had Tu-95 recon/targeting planes buzzing over NATO task force, so Moskva cruiser could open fire at them without leaving harbor.

This week Russia also sent a frigate from Baltic Fleet to Somali, to look what's going on with pirates there. I bet it will be much more fun then an exercise in the Carribean.

20. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Sure;

It's ALL BULLSHIT.
    Chavez needs to show-off. As long as oil is more than $50.00 a barrel Venezuela will be living large. He needs to be somebody's friend and he stopped playing yes-man to the multinational oil cartel (Exxon-Chevron-BP-Shell-Arco).

Let the Russians come over. I'm sure they are going to PARRRRRRRRTEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

I'm also sure the US wil keep a close eye too. The spies have got to be rather bored after all this time.

:@popcorn: