Russian war movies. Whoah....

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by hezey, May 14, 2011.

1. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I watched without subtitles.
    Brest
    I have the subtitles on the one I downloaded and I will surely watch it again.

2. gil---

gil--- FH Beta Tester

This one is the best
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud0ofWIg_cs
    (though subs are poor :( may be there is better somewhere)
    Main theme (darkie) is favorite song of all former soviet virtual pilots, i can promise :).
    And overall, there is an opinion, that russian industry lost skill of producing really good films about WW2 somewhere in early 80's.

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  3. -mart-

-mart- Well-Known Member

4. -rust-

-rust- Well-Known Member

5. -rust-

-rust- Well-Known Member

6. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

7. =SDPG=SPAD

=SDPG=SPAD Well-Known Member

Oh, it's just delightful to see all things in one place -
    Katyn, Nemmersdorf, that fake photo - a collection of all the lies invented by Göbbels and CIS in one place.

8. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Katyn is a lie made up by Goebbels? Erm okayyyy ... :shuffle:

9. =SDPG=SPAD

=SDPG=SPAD Well-Known Member

Well, it's no doubt that a number of Polish prisoner were murdered at Katyn. Who murdered them there - or, if you like, who murdered most of them - is a different story.

If you'd like to appeal to statements Medvedev recently made - screw it. I hold NO responsibility for what this government does or says. I wouldn't even comment on obviously fabricated documents which are used to support the "Soviet trace"... who knows who else could be reading this forum, eh? :) One day, world will know the truth.

Not that I claim NKVD didn't any execute any Polish officers at all. Why, in fact I'm quite certain they did kill some of them. But I don't see a reason why would they need to wipe out all; I've seen no reliable proof of that yet; lastly, that is not characteristic of that organization, while Nazi Germans commited such acts before and then.

BTW, if we spoke of Poland, perhaps we could also mention Soviet soldiers who were taken prisoners in the 1920 campaign. More than 20 000 out of ~85 000 prisoners didn't make it through alive. Just for comparison - out of (roughly) 40 000 captured Poles only ~3000 died in Soviet captivity. Would'ya like to talk about that?

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  10. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

11. -mart-

-mart- Well-Known Member

It a big trash!!

Since i became a radioamateur, i prefer sitting in datcha by barbeque, eating shashlyk, drinking beer and hearing MAKS airtraffic in my yaesu 7800 ;)

12. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

I watched it with my friend who was "behind the river" in 85-87. He was laughing hysterically. He served in the same paratrooper division with that guys in the movie.

PKM with "bended barrel" my ass. First-year soldiers all wearing KZS (mesh camo suits).

If any unit after 1985 could get losses like that - their commander that appears in the end had to better commit suicide. IRL (tm) that fight ended in 2 or 3 guys killed and "mujaheddeen" forces destroyed completely.

The whole film reflects the view of "Golden Youth" of the 80s, like Bondarchuk Jr, on that war. Soviet Army fought according to regulations and never was like what's in that movie - "налёт армян на водокачку" - "Armenian attack on water-tower".

I'll go there, especially if you'll come and we'll organize some other guys from this Forum and from Flamewarriors.net

I think we can rent a bus or something in this case.

13. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Well, if you get the chance, check out air-traffic in WB. You should come in for a visit! :D

14. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Watched that movie "Brest". Interesting movie. It shows one side of the conflict which has played out for thousands of years between millions of people. And here we are, modern and able to see what it's like. But, will we learn from this. Well, it shows what we should not do and what we should do. We should not invade another country and kill everyone. We should make certain we are sufficiently prepared for what may come our way if/when that happens.

15. Boroda

Better save some money and come to MSK this August.

Just if you want to hear turbines roar. We'll accomodate you. Pelmeni and Vodka.

16. Boroda

Well.

People in Brest Fortress didn't want to get killed.

Come again and you'll end up with some Russian guys smoking at your capital city.

17. -mart-

-mart- Well-Known Member

I think here is now a new Trend - big steaks ;)

18. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

19. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

It's interesting, because I had almost forgotten about the movie. When it was released in Russia, I heard about it on the Russian media, but that was a long time ago. But recently a friend asked me what I thought about it, so I discovered it is easily available now and watched it with some reservations.

As a foreigner I don't want to speak on a sensitive subject, but I agree with Mart and you.

BTW, the last person I spoke Russian with was an old Armenian fellow, two or three days ago. Strange accent. Maybe mine was better. I always think of the Novoe Armianskoe Radio humor :D

But to be honest, taking the train there was a cool experience for me. Cool to see so many people coming from all over to the show!

My girlfriend will not be happy if I go on a vacation to Russia, however, so it is a 40/60 chance :shuffle:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  20. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Yeah, I imagine they won't let the same thing happen again. I'm sure we've had Ruskies smoking around Bismark. :D