Same IP for diferent players

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by jotaceTOGA, Jan 1, 2007.

1. jotaceTOGA

jotaceTOGA Well-Known Member

Is there any kind of software to avoid two players with the same IP?

I tryed to play with a friend at his computer with two diferents nicks. I logged in first and he logged in just besfore and he was losing connection with the server several times, but it happened after some minutes in the server.

The two nicks were "sean--" and "single".

2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

This should work IMO. Me and a friend of mine sometimes play WB with the same IP (in a LAN behind the same router). Never had any problems thus far.

3. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

maybe there is such a feature at the tabajara-host.
    at freehost the arena-admins are checking manually, if the IP is using the same country and will inform you, before you get kicked.

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

tabahara allows to play two (or more?) players with the same ip (lan?), but shouts everywhere that these nicks have the same ip, so every players know who are players, who are spies.

5. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

I thought that it was "legal" to use two accounts on the same IP.
    One for flying, and the other for watching the radar.

6. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

"legal" ? the jury is still out on that one. I personnally have no problem with using two nicks from the same house ( IP ). As long as they are both on the same team. ( red or gold not both ) I would prefer that FH adopt the method TH uses in which joining members are announced as using the same IP as so and so. Also TH has modified the .ros output to show which nicks are using the same IP.

@ Toga - speaking to your problem . As long as there is a properly configured "router" between the modem and the computers , there is no technical reason why you should not be able to use both PC's. If you have a "switch" or "hub" in the place where the router should be ... then yes, there would be big problems on making connections. If you dont have a router then you definately need one.
    Hope this helps.

I also noted you state "at his computer with two different nicks" are you trying to run two instances of warbirds on the same machine?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2007
  7. jotaceTOGA

oh no no sorry. It was me at a computer and him on another. There is a router and the hub is wireless. We stayed at the same side. I will try again tomorrow. Maybe it was him doing something wrong. I told him to type ".radio 4 jotace" to be able to talk to me at the radio, then he started to press it constantly :p
    Or maybe he did something that lag the server and are kicked. I remember some comands like ".hmack az" that if you do it to be done at the keyboard and you keep pressed the key comander, the server kicks you because the lag.

8. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

Or it kicks you because of "flooding" if radio traffic is pressed constantly.

If it were lag you would both be dropping the connection. Now it is possible that the router is limiting bandwidth for his port and not yours. But unless you set it up that way it should be divided equally across ports by default.

If he is getting kicked and not you then it very well might be because of flooding. Continual radio traffic.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2007
  9. jotaceTOGA

Probably. I played on the same computer he was, but without the other computer on, and nothing happened. Thanks.