Scale Drawings and Blueprints

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by hezey, May 4, 2011.

1. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I don't want to pay for that shit.
    I want to model some old favorite fighter plane in Balsa and fabric.
    I am not gonna make it for flight, I am gonna make a scale model. Detailed, so I can mount it and people will look at at and say, "Hey cool!"

I am having trouble finding drawings. You, if you have a brain, know what kinds of drawings I need.

Q:
    Where?????
    :help:

2. Asmumy

Asmumy Well-Known Member

hmmm i wish i could help.

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

4. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

u on Skype hez?

5. lucas261

lucas261 Well-Known Member

The link -exec- posted seems to be the best source, you might also try www.the-blueprints.com - most are quite schematic but there are lots of them.

6. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I don't like it.

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  7. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

8. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Hey Biles I take it you want to make some balsaa wood and canvas type models, I don't know anything about that, but a while back I got into modelling and this hasegawa company makes some nice 1/32 models.
    i got this fw190D "rudel" version and it turned out amazing. Also I made a 109g6 which turned out amazing too.
    stuff you need. an airbrush kit (not that expensive. get a compressor (borrow one from the store when you're ready to paint) the compressed air cans are f'n bs.
    a decent model (hasegawa 1/32 kits are good)
    the appropriate paints, you need about 20 little bottles, different kinds of black (ie flat black, gloss black, grey, light blue, camo colours usually greens and blues and stuff. BUY THE AIRCRAFT KIT FIRST, they tell you what paints you need in the instructions)

ok bb

P.S. I am movin here. Please Don't tell the pakis in Toronto, they will follow me. I want my own fuckin normal town again, where I can walk down to the lake, fish, go for a boat ride, get a little 550 kawasaki or somethin for fun, play guitar, get a rifle and practice my anti-NWO skills. They have a pipe and drum band too, I play snare. pRay for me. My doc says I shouldn't do it, I may have "difficulties adapting to a new environment".

Mcloud:
    "Pardon?"

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The more I disobey this idiot the better I get. I swear to God.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  9. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

How come? Didn't like what we had among those hours?

10. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

Get a lifejacket, mcLOUD.
    When earth rolls over, it looks as you have FOUR LAKES wanting to pour stuff (water, used contrseptives, dead pakis..) on you .

Looks nice, good luck :)

11. Asmumy

Asmumy Well-Known Member

Great.

I will not pray for you mcloud because i'm atheist, but Kincardine looks suitable for a good life quality.

12. allpay

allpay Well-Known Member

Check here: http://www.turkishgoldraiders.com/index.php/model-ucak

13. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

AH, SO!!!!!!!!
    DXF and DWG.
    Finally, someone with a brain.
    DXF are seldom given away.
    DWG? Pixels I don't need, I am looking for vectored graphics.
    I didn't know how to say what I needed, because i have profound memory loss and cannot remember some things that I used to remember, back when I had a better memory that I don't have anymore.
    Autocad. I do remember that Autocad is windows only, and that it's output is only viewable on windows platforms and that fuck.
    Okay, I got a windows here, I got three, but fuck do I ever hate using windows. Oh well.
    I will go see if I can find a renderer of some sort that will render dxf, one that isn't owned by Autodesk [the MS of engineering software].

[brain strokes]

See, I don't want a print. Or a BMP or a fuckin impressionist Oil from fuckin 1880s Paris all fucked up and crooked and fucked up like a fuckin VanGogh fucked up thing. All crooked and skewed and with blobs of crap all over it and not a fuckin straight line in it, and why does that vertical line lean over that way and the dog and cat might be, what the fuck? Is that a big red stain there? No? Why the tomato? Is that a beer stain? WTF POS????

I need a vectored graphics.
    And I don't I don't want to PAY FOR THEM.

Thanks.
    I mean THANKS

[the world seems populated by the Half Educated]

Can I help you sir?

Yes, I would like the .99 cent burger, the one up there, on the sign, it says, ".99 Cent Burger," there, on the sign, that one. Just the burger, no cheese, no cheeseburger, no bacon added, Just the burger. I would like the ham-burger, please. No drink, no fries. No special offer, no super-size-it. Just the one dollar hamburger I see advertised there. One.
    I smiled.
    I spoke carefully, because I knew she wasn't gonna understand the first three times I said what I wanted.
    [ tick-tock tick-tock tick-tock while the clerk calculates something - I see a trickle of light smoke coming from the little chimney on top of her head - or is that smoke stack part of a sales promotion?]
    Oh, sir, you mean the 1.05 hamburger?
    Okay, whatever. Sure I will have one of those.
    Would you like it with cheese and bacon? And a coca cola?
    Would you like it supersized?
    Sir?
    SIR?
    [I walks me across the street to get a bag of potatoes]

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  14. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

BTW. Mac:
    WTG!
    When you get settle in your new digs, go to town and look for the monkey with the stick. When you find him, then you know where not to go near too.
    You get a stick and carry it.
    And don't be like that guy.

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  15. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Tamaya good.
    But I want to make a 6 or 8 foot long spitfire or something like that.
    Make a pinata kinda model, huge [how spell that? The paper thing that Mexicans like to bash on holidays] sort of. Except I don't want to bash it and I want to make it beautiful and full scale, unlike the pinata I once made, of a spitfire, that got bashed, it was full of candy and gifts.

Hey, on that side of the lake, doesn't the lake swell up in one direction [up] during horrible storms and then the thing ruptures like a pimple sometimes and kills everyone?

16. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Hez;

Find any Autocad that is pre Autocad 13 and you should be fine.

DOS based Autocad will work fine with DWG files.

Show us some pic of your planes, and keep the room well ventilated when using the glue.....

........:D

17. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

18. lucas261

lucas261 Well-Known Member

Or google 'DXF viewer', I think you should find one for OS other than Window too.
    Or get some vector graphics software like Illustrator, Inkscape would be good, as it is free and runs on Linux and MacOS, however, it tends to mess up the imported DXF, unless you get the right file version (2000/LT2000 worked fine for me)