Select button not working

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by tazman88, Jun 2, 2013.

1. tazman88

tazman88 Well-Known Member

I am helping someone setup fh on their computer. I used the set up file that exec posted here: http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38494&page=6. The problem is that the game launches but when the "select" button is clicked, nothing happens. The button light illuminates but the selection window does not popup. Have any of you guys had this problem?:joystick: :help:

2. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Use the up and down keys on the keyboard The items will change as you press. Don't press the key to quickly or hold it down. If you do, the game might CTD [it does on MY Win8 box, here]
    The list window will not display correctly. I am not sure it can. I takes a bit more time to chose a plane type or weapon type... but better than being 100% borked.

Never mind this below crap:
    I am guessing the menu in WB is not the same menus as MS likes and the two menu types are arguing and MS wins.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  3. tazman88

Thanks I changed some graphics settings and it is working now

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

could you mention which settings, please?
    os and checkboxes.

5. tazman88

The person was using a Windows7 machine.

I went to Control Panel > System & Security > System > Advanced System Settings > Advanced (tab) > I then chose the "Adjust for best performance" option which unchecks every graphics option. Fade effect and a few others were already unchecked. So it was one of the checked options, but I am unsure which one it exactly was