smoke from guns

Discussion in 'Game bugs' started by Mcloud, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

A few years ago I noticed a change was made to this game. Smoke came out of the guns when I pulled the trigger. I realize that this was done to improve realism, and many players like it.

I have noticed that when I fly certain planes, ie beaufighter, spit 1,2 and others that have a lot of high rpm guns, under certain circumstances my graphics become "choppy" and sometimes gunfire hits on other planes won't be registered.

Please, is there any way to remove the smoke feature from guns? it's bugging me, I'm having problems since this feature was added. Is there a file I can delete that will get rid of this smoke from guns feature? I would like the original "no smoke from guns" style game.

Spasibo :zachot:

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

i changed three/four puters since then. first one was not worth playing wb anyways, smoking or not. it has 15fps with it's 166mhz/24mb/trio64.
    you still sticked to the same puter?

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

If you have old PC you can try use lowest resolution (640x480), 2d mode.

If you have modern PC, please check for some processes running, which are using CPU power and stop/pause/kill them. If you have the same problem, try switch to 2d.

If you had used -Andy- patch to fix color bug in new Geforce cards, please restore original file and try without it and tell us what changed.

4. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

fly mossie buff only

5. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

Try to fly low rpm guns's planes like Me109G/Ks, Me110s, Me410s, and so on, for a while?
    :D

J/k