Tabahost anticheat features Freehost should adopt

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by skycpt, Apr 28, 2006.

1. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

Freehost should adopt some features of Tabahost. It would really help in cracking down on cheaters or clarify the appearance of cheating. I will try to some them up:

Command- .roster
    Freehost- displays player nicks and sides.
    Tabahost- displays player nicks and sides AND states that player X and player Y share same IP.

Imagine the drop in spies with two machines one red one gold from same IP. There will always be those that dont care. But it will make it easier to spot them and ban them with this as proof.

Command- .shanghai
    Freehost- command unused.
    Tabahost- used for instructor/student purposes. Similar to .attach but much better and no spies.

While instructor and student are in tower, instructor types .shangai (nick of student) Instuctor clicks on fly button and both computers are now in the cockpit. When instructor looks left the student computer looks left. No more swiveling of the head only to have the student looking forward the whole time. The student can see how the instructor looks about, in what matter, how often, what direction, etc etc. The instructor initiates the link so the student flies with him. This eliminates the ability of a spy "attaching" to you. Its you connect to me. Not me connect to you.

Command- idlekick (server setting)
    Freehost- No idlekicking inplace.
    Tabahost- Players are kicked from game if sitting in tower idle for 2 minutes.

This will help cut down on the number of single players using two PC's, one to fly in and one for intelligence.

Since these features are currently running I would think that the coding would be minimal. ( but I dont know that for sure )

Tabahost has other game features that enhance the game but that would be a different thread.

2. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention ...

Command- .attach
    Freehost- allowed
    Tabahost- not allowed

3. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

sometimes i've been in tower a lot longer than two min playing 'ground controller' & providing intercept data for allies. its not bad fun

4. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

I agree sitting in tower can be necessary and fun. The idlekick is only for 2 minutes of pure idling, no text chatting no mouse clicks, nothing. Once you click mouse or chat timer resets.

5. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

I can't believe I spelled the word sum wrong. lol

6. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

I like to attach to people already in flight, right reuben? ;)
    IMO a simple notification, that you're being attached is more than enough

the 2 minute rule is set for a too short time period, come on, I take a bite at my dinner and poof - I'm kicked

7. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Then I fail to see how that command does anything at all to make the lives of spies harder. Spying does not consist of silently itting in tower. You actually have to share info with someone for it to become spying.

8. graatz

graatz Well-Known Member

You share info using your "official" account, that's how i see it.

Al, you must be having really deep throat if it takes you 2 minutes to swallow. :)

9. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

Imagine, you at 1st pc playing; your other pc at other country in a big F1 map, checking dots...
    Yes I did it sometimes...

10. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

ok ok I did exaggerate a bit, but 2 min is still too short IMO

11. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

But he didn't deny deep throat :rolleyes:

:D

12. graatz

graatz Well-Known Member

I noticed that too ;)

I think 2 minutes is ok. If you cannot minimise WB (and many nvidia'ers can't) and you dont touch anything for two minutes it means you are either away, or asleep, and you dont mind the host logging you off. Usually.

13. ppedott_vibora

when you play as "ground controller" you are typing at radio... so, you not a idle-sitting-tower-guy... :)

14. ppedott_vibora

Hi al !
    allow me disagree w/ you please... no isnt enough, becouse a bad intentioned ppl can attach you (lets say you in a big buff raid) ... and without you knowledge is repassing raid info to his gangters... :(

15. ppedott_vibora

Hi!
    also, noone can do nothing about REAL spy... I mean... look an example:

vibora=fighter gold
    alemao =spy red

alemao on tower sending info by pvt or squad channel to vibora in order to make vibora get point in any way... intercepting red raids... delivering pos of alone buffers... and so on...
    about that unfortunelly I cant see nothing to do...
    BUT
    what I CAN do is fight against 2 PCs peoples... and we at TH already did it... mb it explain so few ppl flying there... NO CHEAT ENVIROMENT... hard pill to take for many people...
    :)

16. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

2min?
    id be kicked 3 times before i planned any sortie

17. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

send screen/track with visible attach info to admin, admin talks to the guy, bans his ass if needed (can't ban russians though as we all have noticed lately)

the problem with inviting is you need to bother the guy you want to have a look at

but then again I don't do big raids and frankly I don't care if someone is attaching me or not

18. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

I appreciate all the comments.
    I can say that when I first read the two minute rule, my first reaction was the same, too short. But having played on it with a few buddies, I can say that planning a mission in the tower is usually accompanied by mouse clicks or text chat. Every mouse click or chat message resets the timer.

Lets disregard the two minutes. Pretend its 5 minutes or 10 minutes. Is it or is it not a useful tool?

Attach vs no Attach I like coordinated raids. Lets say that we are in the air 20 minutes and I get message "attached by nick". Now what, I turn around? I change course? To simply be notified that I'm being attached doesnt solve the problem. It does let me know about it, but if there is heavy traffic on radio it might scroll off before being read. People that want .attach claim they want it in because they want it as a training tool. If thats the case then .shanghai is way better because the students eyeballs are going where the instructor eyeballs are going. I've never had a problem with being turned down by someone I've asked to .attach to. The only down side for gameplay is that it has to be done in the tower by both. I see no way around that one. I wouldnt want someone in my sights to all of a sudden "accept a shanghai request" and dissappear on me. :)

.ros X red Y gold same IP. So far no comments on that one. I think its a great feature. It does not disallow it but it is a great tool for community to monitor itself and to brow beat (yell at) those that do. A lot of squads have a reputation they want to uphold, not playing both sides or no bad mouthing other players etc. This could be a tool to keep squaddies in check. Or it may cause huge arguments , either way I'm for seeing who has nicks on each side from same IP.

19. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

One more thing about two minute rule... If I'm ready early Im sitting on runway that way if buddies take longer to make selections I wont get kicked. Idle on runway is OK, idle in tower not OK. OK. :)

20. ppedott_vibora

:) by parts:

"send screen/track with visible attach info to admin, admin talks to the guy, bans his ass if needed "

bureaucratics... takes time and envolvement... tents to useless... IMHO mb (as usual) im wrong...

"can't ban russians though as we all have noticed lately"
    Unfortunelly I share your pov... not becouse is your pov, please, but becouse is sad to see what we are seeing...

"the problem with inviting is you need to bother the guy you want to have a look at" IMHO this is the best way to make things clear "glasnost" if some one wants to join cockpit of other pilot, just ASK FOR AN INVITATION... fuck! its so cristal clear...

"but then again I don't do big raids and frankly I don't care if someone is attaching me or not"
    In this matter, -al---, it is an strictly personally pov, and perhaps do not translate mainly needs of community...

BTW thank for your considertions! Im sure that contributes to get it better!
    :)