.tank bug

Discussion in 'Game bugs' started by Saddan, May 16, 2006.

1. Saddan

Saddan Well-Known Member

I use aliases to drive tanks and hmacks. I just recently discovered a bug in the .tank (i never thought about this).

If you use .hmack commands while in a .tank (as in, when you use aliases like me) the tank will run with the hmack speed, not with the tank speed (wich a discovered its 20 units slower than hmack).

While fixing this bug, can you unify tank/hmack commands ?

I need this because i cant have dual set of aliases (one set for tanks and one set for jeeps).

Something like :

.tank
    starts a tank
    .jeep
    starts a jeep

.turn +angle or -angle or absolute-angle
    turns the thing you are currently using, regarless of what, using correct speeds.

And its impossible to add acceleration ?

I thing acceleration and no fire on the move (as it was realistic during the era) would make null these complaints about jeeps.

Last edited: May 16, 2006
  2. daniil

daniil Well-Known Member

I know other bug
    -use hmack
    -exit hmack
    -use tank
    Tank is firing bursts like hmack but all of them are illusiorus, normal bullets are tank frequency.

3. Saddan

Saddan Well-Known Member

it would be nice to have selectable fire :

.weapon 0
    fires the main gun
    .weapon 1
    fires the coax mg
    .weapon 2
    fires the hull mg
    .weapon 3
    fires the AA-mg (over commanders cupola)

And decrease tank gun elevation, it wasnt something common to hit an aircraft with coax gun :p

4. daniil

daniil Well-Known Member

And maybe 4 types of jeeps?
    -1x20 like now.
    -4x20 but speed -
    -1x40 like tank
    -1x80 :) like death-machine :) with sniper crosshair and speed 10 mph :)

5. Saddan

Saddan Well-Known Member

Better model tanks as they were in the time, with a RTS (Rolling Tank Set)

Golds Tanks : From Panzer 3 to KingTiger,
    Gold Jeeps : From 2cm armed halftrack to Wirlwind and Ostwind.
    Reds Tanks : From BT-7 to JS-2,
    Red Jeeps : From 3,7mm Russian AA Truck to ZSU-23 and ZSU-57 (Early versions, optics only, not the after war radar one)

And change commandos to 80mm or 120mm mortar team.
    Like a FallschirmJäguer 120mm Mortar Team (And make them really paratroop, not teleport from the aircraft like some klingon tech)

Making the airfield spawn its own jeeps and tanks as defensive means, with a limited set of jeeps would nullify the complaints about too many jeeps (if you type, hmack, you get one random jeep already spawned by the field, if there no vacant, you cant get a jeep)

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  6. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

FH models are really limited as are the number of absolute pieces you can have. Though a rolling ground set would be nice for some, I do not believe the basic code is up to the challenge.

It is possible to place different weapon(s) stations on a tank, but has not been done at this time, most likely due to it not being a priority; though it would be nice.

There is honestly not enough tank-tank battles which happen here, and often the map distances are too great to make this minor bug really worth notice. Does a tank getting from (x) to (y) in an extra 2 minutes really matter in the grand scheme of things - not really.

Don't get me wrong, a well driven/gunned tank appearing on a field is a serious threat, but the chances of seeing hordes of armor crawling back and forth between bases just isn't a normal occurance; though it has happened and was a lot of fun. :turret:

7. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Agree

8. Holmes

Holmes Well-Known Member

Kick the jeeps out from arena. Or remodel it's weapon up to 12 mm. Becouse 25 mm, two cars of ammo, sniper aiming, heavy armoured monsters killing a lot of fun these days :( :(

9. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

"jeeps will not be removed" - (c) hardy or sumpin like that

10. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

i don't know it, but i believe, that the jeep-gun is so deadly because of an other bug:
    if you hit an enemy with your jeep, you can exit and start with a plane.
    if the enemy is dying after you sit in your plane, the kill will be scored to your fighter- (or buff-) streak.

11. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

you do not have to enter a plane in order to increase your fighter streak
    it's enough to exit the jeep

This bug (or jeeps) will never be removed, I guess Developers & Associates need some extra help to score kills - jeeps with their bugs

12. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Removing them altogether might not even be that great, but oh please why can't the devs cut down on the firepower of those beasts? Or at least give them a 3D model resembling a Wirblewind or a Shilka if you refuse to reduce their lethality. :(

13. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

jeep isnt the only streak abuse. any kill in any way shape or form that regersters after your in or have been in twr count towrds fighter streek to. so if your up in a buff get shot down. and once sitting back in tower see that con die from your ottos.... your +1 fighter streek. fly pe2 only for a week and watch your fighter steak grow larger then your fighter kills.

14. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

for example my curent streek 13 of witch 7 are accual fighter kills rest are from jabo and buff missions over the 4 day period i have not been pilot killed .

15. Holmes

Holmes Well-Known Member

One more thing, extremaly important about jeeps! They should be as easy to kill as commandos - 1 x ping. Oh, how I miss that 75mm only, easy to kill jeeps from ancient days :(:(

16. Gunther

Gunther Well-Known Member

You know very well this. A couple of days ago you left F18 towards F17 in a tank, killing many f17 defenders, almos closing it.

17. Holmes

Holmes Well-Known Member

Yes, gunther. It was a lot of fun. I killed all of acks, many big targets, circa about 6 jeeps/tanks BUT do not even scratch a single PLANE.

Tank is only hipotetical danger for plane. You need a lot of luck to hit plane with 75mm. Tank is an easy target to kill by a small bomb and need a lot of time to get near enemies field.

But jeep is shit that kills all the fun. Jeep could kill your plane from d20 with single hit and has ammo for 2 minutes contin. fire.

Tanks are funny. U need a lot of time to destroy enemy targets with tank (long way to enemy field). Has only 45 rounds of 75m, all the way to target is an easy target for any plane.

Jeeps only pissing me off. All U have to do is press fire and hold it delivering death with 25mm up to d20. Add .hmack 000 to .hmack 360 templates in FHLauncher and U have killing-machine more deadly than 109 K-4 or 190D9.

18. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

25mm is only reaching up to d15 ;)
    It's true however that a good shot in hmack can stop a whole enemy raid, but only if the enemy can't hit it with a rocket or a bomb.
    The usual way is to get rid of hmacks first, then get rid of respawns and then u can safely close the field. It requires some additional ordnance of course, but it's pretty safe and efficient if u know how to do it ;)
    I have been killed by hmacks only when I was flying around them in a plane like Il-2, still I probably killed more hmacks then I shot down planes using them... And I really shot down not that few fighters using the jeep ;)

19. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

Using an HMACK is like hunting Deer. You can always kill the dumb planes who stray inside of your range at a predictable angle. The smart ones however will always find a way to stick an antler in your ass.

I use the Hmack and Tank constantly and have run up against some really smart players who know how to deal with them, along with a lot of dumb ones who make for easy prey. If you don't know how to deal with them then either avoid them, or take some lessons from those who know how to deal with them effectively.

Amazing what a little tactical thinking can accomplish.

20. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Hmack is limited to 1500m

1500 meters = 1640.41995 yards

100 yards = d1

That meens that jeep can hit you on d16.4 max

600 km/h = 182.268883 y/s = d1.8/s

But you should keep in mind your and another player lag. So if your lag is 100ms and jeep player lag is 1500ms, the overall lag will be 1600ms + some ms, used for server processing. So the visual difference (w/o counting server processing time) can be d1.8 * 1.6 = d3.4.

That means that jeep driver can see con on d16, when you are already at d20.