.tank bug

Discussion in 'Game bugs' started by Saddan, May 16, 2006.

1. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

TH ip is 64.251.22.174, but you need copy something to hosts file, more :
    http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?p=557324#post557324

I though current 75mm cannon is weak, but it isnt bad, two hits can destroy hng. And 90 rounds are quite lot.

And you forgot decrease somehow distance from enemy

Thx developers, you will remember this in new FHL:@prayer: (in two weeks:rolleyes: )

2. hugo baskervill

btw, are there any fotos of some gunsight of tank? If somebody could help with cockpit in tank.

3. hugo baskervill

I find only t72 gunsight from some game:
    [​IMG]

and m1a1 gunsight from another game:
    [​IMG]

Imho real gunsights had some zoom, and that is why tanks had really narrow angle of view, but if you want, me or something else could easy make cockpit for tank. It is not difficult make circle and some basic data indicators. And at least i will help a little, but only if you want it.;)

4. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

narrowing a tank's view to just a zoomed gunsight is a bad idea
    the crew didn't navigate looking through the gunsight, which you'd have to do in WB

5. hugo baskervill

OK, but making special places for 4 men's crew is quite difficult, but OK, we could have non-zoomed cockpit which could look like these on pictures. But only if developers want implement this such of cockpit.

The direct hit of tank at range longer than 300m is a wonder without zoom in tank and tank could have for example gunner position, which have better view and machinegun. But it is only sci-fi, having zooming or zoomed gunsight, I will be satisfage when some improvements will be added.;)

6. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

Hitting targets at 300-500m is easy with a simple rifle and even easier with a tank standard sight. For targets out to 1km and beyond a zoom would be needed, and it is reality not sci-fi. (The zoom used for both the map and bombsight can be used here, a simple addition.)

Depending on what M4 model you wish the tank to be, the following may be helpful (the gunner sight)

75mm M3 gun: M70F 3x Mag, 12deg19mins Field of View (FoV), T&A at 1,000yds (914.4m)

75mm M3 gun: M38 in M4 periscope 1.44x Mag, 9deg FoV, T&A at 1,000yds
    (914.4m)

75mm M3 & M6 guns: M38A2 in M4A1 periscope 1.44x Mag, 9deg FoV, T&A at 1,000yds (914.4m)

75mm M3 & M6 guns: M10C periscope (High power & low power) 6x Mag, 11deg FoV; 1x Mag, 45deg FoV, T&A at 1,000yds (914.4m)

A simple stadimetric sight would be sufficient for FH, and could be create after a little trial-and-error gunnery practice.

90 rounds of 75mm is standard for the M4A1, all others had 97 rounds.
    Considering that with an increase in range, an increase in armor protection, and the long distances (and numerous targets) it will encounter, 90 rounds isn't that much.

7. hugo baskervill

I mean sci-fi in MA;)

I'm not sure if the problem with 7mm and 75mm guns aren't caused by model of gunner in WB, if gunner can have more trigger than one...

Imho all these sights looks like circle in dark area, maybe two circles in dark area;)

8. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

The sights are lacking a light-source at the other end, (sunlight, flares, headlights, fires, etc.)

The 7mm coax is slaved to the gunners primary sight, and was also used as a method of determining where HE round would fall since 75mm HE and 30.06 on M4 had a similar ballistic arc. For purposes of FH/MA it would be easier to maintain a 12mm, allowing the tank a decent chance of defending itself, which tanks are capable of doing.

So what are we looking at so far:

Raise tanks altitude to prevent submarine.

Increase 75mm rounds, range, and hitting power.
    (90-97 rounds, 3x range, 2x hitting power)

Increase armor
    (2x-3x armor)

Add zoom (same as map or bombsight zoom)

Place 7mm on seperate trigger (trigger 2)

Add either a 12mm as commander weapon (backspace, bomb-key) for use in self-defense.

(Trying to keep it simple for coders)

9. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

Let me throw an idea your way, and maybe admins also.

Ref: Hmack.

Taking the data from the Russian site, (an admin here,) why not change hmack to 37mm?

Advantages.
    .. range is increased, can engage buffs from ground.
    .. ammunition is increased.
    .. can play second roll as tank-destroyer.
    .. attacking planes can see tracers and adjust their attacks.
    .. rate of fire is decreased but hit power is increased.

Reference: Model 1940, 72K, 37mm
    http://www.wio.ru/galgrnd/flak.htm

10. hugo baskervill

This toy can in higher numbers make quite hot hell in skies IRL, but current hmack can destroy fighter at one hit and can kill tank. 25mm is now enough for hmack aces;)

But I'm voting for 37 flak too if there will be visible tracers. It depends on developers.