Texas Rattlesnakes disband.

Discussion in 'Squadrons' started by SteveS, Nov 5, 2005.

1. SteveS

SteveS Well-Known Member

Nothing more to say really.

2. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

everbody went to other game?

3. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

They were never anything significant after losing olglry

4. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

wrong
    helrza was one of the best of all rusfh-times

5. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Sad news :(

<S> to one of the best red squads.

6. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

yes, but he is just a dogfighting guy.
    they did nothing as a squad for years, just another brand name for dweebs

7. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

they did more than you, for sure

8. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Too much kamikazeing and ack-diving from some of its members tarnished any good reputation they might have had - but I acknowledge that they possessed some very capable pilots in their ranks.

9. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

They were an awesome squad and a second home for me especially when Elite was very nearly finished. I flew as marvel with them and it was a pleasure. I do believe it was 1.63 that made most leave. I'll always have fond memories flying with those gents. top, helrza,turbo,hrpoon,nugpot and many others as well (forgive me if I forgot to mention any, so many nicks to remember through the years) but those ones especially they were original members and for a time a few of them were Elite too. <S> guys where ever you may be.

bullet

10. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

helrza is gone? :(

11. Cierzo

Cierzo Well-Known Member

Why that??

I loved my stage in Texas RAttlesnakes. They were all nice people towrds their partners, and only responded when one was attacked. You may say olglry was a bit big-mouthed, but i doubt any of you could stay calm after what he had to pass through. So many insults and accusations... I admire that some people stay in game after that, like -thug- or JG13s...

Too bad no more Rattlesnakes anymore, i'll miss to play with them... Farewell...

2 people like this.
  12. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

R.I.P.

13. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

Enjoyed tanking, hmacking, and wild weaseling bases for the snakes as eztrgt.

14. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

They were one to contend with! I can remember having to deal with their constant hammering of fields and capturing them. Now there's a lot of porking in the arenas now days. I warned the FH programmers...you make it no fun anymore, and people will leave. Don't fix what isn't broken. The whiners complained about the planes that were "cheater planes" "uber-planes" and got their way. Guess what? The good pilots who made the "uber planes" uber, have left. And many of those whiners have left. I was gone for a couple years because they screwed up the P-38. They should have put these changes up to a vote from the users who KNEW the game the BEST. I flew in the JG27 as thefox and -alw-- as a wandering Red, and watched the whole thing crumble apart. What causes me to not fly in WBFH are the lack of any attendance. It's amazing to me what these WBFH programmers could do but, it was more amazing what they lacked in doing. Listening/reading. Forget the newbies and wanna-be's, listen to the veterans.

What caused people to leave? Certainly not rising costs in monthly fees. It's free, what can I/we say.

15. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

ALW no worries, as I foretold a couple of years ago, this was the inevitable course that FH would be taking, and it has.

Could it be better, sure it could, but why should anyone honestly put forth any effort towards it when there are other, more playable sims out there.

16. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

A great group of players.

I think what made them disband is what every squad will face sooner or later; members have lives outside of their time for online play.

They move on. Other interests, other obligations.

The changes in the game may contribute, but sooner or later... people leave. I guess the sad thing is that there are so few "recruits" coming into the game.
    My concern is the next generation of online players are coming with such short attention spans that nothing but ultra Hi Def graphics and earth shattering surround sound crash-boom will get their interest.

Let's drink to their glory: A great group and the best of luck to all their other endeavors.

:cheers:

17. Asmumy

Asmumy Well-Known Member

Yeah... no more the good old times :(
    Many big squads, full of players... no more.
    now everyone is gone.

I remember Polish 302nd; Napierdalator; Vcaf; Band of Brothers; Turkish Junior, Gold, Silver, Purple, Blue, Green, White, Brown raiders; my own squad... and many others. :(

Sad

18. looseleaf

19. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

it is a russian song. interesting... :)

20. looseleaf

Yes, I know. I was hoping someone would confirm it. Mary Hopkins sang this English version I think it was 1969.

Somehow one can tell instantly it was not an English(from England) song.

It had that Eastern European folkloric flavor.

Great song for the great times..... :D