Thanks Taba

Discussion in 'Scenario / Tournament / Squad missions' started by casper1, Oct 29, 2005.

1. casper1

casper1 Well-Known Member

I just flown on the java scenario. I loved it all, except that I got banned for using transparent cockpit. I never have used any cheats and all who know me, know that to be true. I am thinking it may be a bug or something.
    Anyway, Salute all you guys for your hard work and I really loved it the short time i was in.
    Thank You
    Casp :cheers: :cheers:

2. hilmar

hilmar Well-Known Member

Hey casper, do you want to hear something funny?
    I was banned too!!!!!!!! lol
    I don´t know what happen, but i was making my adminis. job when ....:(!
    Now, 19:40 gmt the event is in process and I don´t know nothing about :) :) :)
    Pls guys, tell something about the scenario here.

Sorry for the delay, problems, bugs, crashes, adminis. absenses etc.

bb
    Hilmar (raposo)

3. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

i was on TH before server crashed (?). i tried to enter after some1 announced in MA that TH was running again. but every time i want to log in WB closes because of Windows XP error. it's happening only with TH ( IP 64...), with MA i have no problem.
    can anyone help me?

thanks,
    vasco

4. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

imho TH has developed an artificial intelligence.
    i wonder if we'll ever see those poor guys again :(
    :D :D :D

5. Jeruwa

Jeruwa Well-Known Member

Flying tempests, radars working, 20x20 no dmg, reuping fields and fleets, everybody who fly hurri = banned, UFO was avail for a second ;] nothing special really ;]
    I saw b25 otto firing from ~d50 ;]

6. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

problem solved (by itself, dunno what happened)

7. PG monster

PG monster FH Consultant

Thank Franz and all, was funny. but bombers are almost invunerable,
    and it's a stupid and unreal rule - to kill buff wingman before leader. How can i know
    who is leader wnen these three in maneveur?

8. lonerb

lonerb Well-Known Member

Hey guys, keep up the good work,... was a cool scenario.. ;)

9. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

1st: thank you all that attended scenario! <S!> :)

2nd: sry sry sry that I felt sleep and miss the beginning (sry hilmar and franz, speccially)

3rd: casper, hilmar and other banned, I will check routines to auto-ban, mean: at Th if you use an irregular cockpit (not official neither transparent) you get a public warning at ch 100, if you use a transp cock you get banned automactically... the problem is: I did some mistake and informed that normal Hurri cockpit is a transp cockpit... I appologize to all pilots that got banned at TH (even to that cheaters hilmar and alemao... :D )... MY entire fault... sry very much :)

4th: vasco, may you have a point, due we have no intelligence, maybe TH has enough of this and developed its own intelligence!!!:)

5th: jeruwa, it looks like pontual problems, easy to solve, and I really doubt that B25's ottos fire at D50... but bugs can happen... Ill check :)

6th: monster, the idea behind kill drones before buffer pilots is to stimulate ppl to fly buffers... At Fh we see less and less buffer pilots doing stractegical and tactical strikes, due a lot of reasons, one of that, becouse buffers get no fighters coverage, so we planned a kind of "coverage" that allow buffers stay alive a little more time and make the buffer missions less frustating to buffers pilots... btw,... is the same rule that rules CV fleets At FH... the main idea is have the CV alive more time... as well buffers pilots at TH :)

7th: Thank you again by your kind words lonerb, and feel free to join us in develop the server! :)

10. casper1

Hi All,
    Thx so much for a GREATTTTTTT sim. I enjoyed very much!!!!!!! I may have to check artwork on cockpits. I could fly p40,b17 no problems. Hurri II , i could not and b25 I could not. Some bugs yes but so many more positives.
    My connect was better. I like FM and DM. I did not get a kill in fighter BUT i also did not die from a short burst from zeke. IMHO, thats the way it should be. To get kill, you should have to work hard, not just get lucky from 1 ping. (unless PK of course).
    I also was impressed with changing of daytime to night. The artwork for dusk and dawn was beautiful at 20,000 ft. <S> you guys for your hard work. You are heading in right direction as for as I'm concerned.
    Thanks so much!!!!!!!!
    Casp

11. mitsuo

mitsuo Active Member

I always like to play in Taba Host. Unfortunelly we have some desorders, but the event was very fun. We need to fix any bug and organize more events like that.

:cheers:

My best regards to all,

12. RedBull

RedBull Well-Known Member

I was been there in announced time. But after some delay time (cca 30 min) fullfiled with unorganized free moves of players around the arena - server crashed and was not possible for me to log on again.

IMHO for most of EU/Russian pilots is due to long response (btw i have 1Mb line - but pingtest is around 500+ms) and connection unstability playing on TH noninteresting. Establishing better connectivity and maybe some new proxies could avoid this problem.

Its visible on TH was made lot of developers work - wtg guys! But - for any game is more important organisation of the event tha technical features of arena. And here i see you have lot of reserves. Onsets of players, access routines, commanding structure - all those and many others must be improved or its only wasted time to be there.

Anyway hold on and try to improve some things what were described above.

13. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Thank TabaHost team for your works on implementing technical features for scenario!
    It was new way to implement scenarios with great new technical features, but it can be much better :)
    Please find my points below:

1. The way to attract pilots to scenario was weak. Need start explain/ask pilots to join on MA some days before.
    2. Some pilots didn't know that it's needed changes IP in WbHelper to join Arena.
    3. The idea of scenario was good, but need set up altitude limit over. I had flown at 7km over f12 and nobody try to kill me. Dispersion was great, but that's another point :) If Golds could be organized, they can send 10xg4m to f12 and 7km alt and reds be unable protect field.
    4. Fields was open before scenario start. I guess fields should be closed and arena should be ready for scenario 2 hours before pilots start join arena.
    5. On announced TeamSpeak channel "java" you was unable to say something, so need create another one.
    6. Technical problems like "server not responding", "can't connect to server", "FHL caused xxxx error at yyyyy", etc.
    7. X-Submarine f35 was killed ~25 times per scenario. Can anyone explain? :)
    8. Nice modern "auto ban" feature works, but IMHO some ch100 warning could be enough for testing.
    9. My connection was floating. I agree with RedBull about proxies, etc.
    10. I don't know what Reds have, but Golds have no CO. Absolutely. Some groups trying to work, but where is no organized attack. It was like MA, but with planes limit. Anyway it was good furball arena before scenario start and at scenario to test some TH features.
    11. Some fields was closed and, according to the scenario rules, they should be closed till the end of scenario. But fields started to reopen.
    12. Server had no reported, when field f12 was closed.
    13. Night was cool, but it was too short (not 10 minutes, as described) :)

Anyway I like this TH scenarios very much and I guess we need re-play this scenario with some minor changes.
    The worst at this event was that fact, that we have very weak management (at least golds have).

Questions:
    1. Did someone was able launch tanks when Gold CV's ware in "blue area"? I was trying, but was unable do that.
    2. Do Reds have coordinated management?
    3. Do every pilots knows that if he wants kill buff he need kill 2 drones 1st? Why some pilots were trying kill buffs leader instead of killing drones 1st?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2005
  14. PG monster

PG monster FH Consultant

Thanks again, but have some critix.
    Diagreed with Casper. DM is poor. Historically was need 20x20mm or 3x30mm to shot down
    4engined bomber, 1x37mm (Yak-9T) for fighter or 1-2x37mm for 2engined bomber.

At TABA I coudn't kill Mixer's wingman Li2 (salute mix :) from d3 - d1. I used 1/2 ammo
    of P40. I amed well :) but no any visual result :(

Many interesting features at Taba, not tested it all yet :)

15. PG monster

PG monster FH Consultant

Mix,
    1) reds had no normal commander. I tried , but was unprepared.
    2) Yes I saw gold tank collumn (cool feature - Host sayd "enemy tanks near f35") and
    even killed a hmack.
    3) Al least at red chanal Host reported f12 closed. Chk your LOG file ;-)

16. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Besides what you've already said I would like to mention the lack of actual jobs asigned to players. Maybe this would change if we had a CO, but IMHO it would be better to plan this at the preparation stage - like it was done in the BoB scenario.

All in all TH will be a great place for scenarios for sure, once you get all the details sorted out :) WTG for the great job you've done so far.

17. hilmar

hilmar Well-Known Member

Well, what can I say....
    1. The settings for arena were ready according the rules and general briefing, but Vibora had problems and me and Franz had to do new ones in that 30 min of delay :(. So, this explain delay, tanks problem, reopen of fields, kicks by auto ban tool (yes, I was kicked too, while I was trying to put some Lis in f40! In the new emergency settings we forgot the necessary privileges to do it, probably.), disorganization etc. Just for example, if we didn´t have that problems, you just could fly if the group leader ask for the plane to adminis. and in the first 10min before the beginning the adminis. would select group leaders and coordinate/help them during the game;
    2. I don´t have technical knowledge, but I agree with Redbull option about the connection. Franz will check this point, probably;
    3. I agree with you Mixer about alt. limits. In the first experience ? Redoing Midway ? we accepted opinion and cut this rule, but it is necessary and your test prove this;
    4. About technical explanations before the event, like IP, wingmans etc., yes they could be in the rules;
    5. Yes, TH sometimes had bugs, but this is a condition caused by the poor use of the engine. Unhappily that excellent idea isn?t used so much, so the TH technical team hasn?t chances to find and fix all of normal bugs before the event. Solution: we have to use it more!!!!
    6. DM was made with the -exec- help ? I think ? and once more it?s needed the use of the TH for test and fix eventual improprieties;
    7. Redo ?Java Battle?. It?s possible, but I think that it?s necessary to bring together all the players that have experience and willingness to do these events, because this is a hard work to one or two people and a work group could avoid problems like that! Maletin?s made a excellent tool for this and I think that if players like he, you, Mixer, Redbull, Vibora and others put their efforts together, the work would be diminished and the responsibilities would be shared to do something like four or five funny and well organized events per year.

In résumé, thxs for opinions and participation. :)

bb.
    Hilmar.

1 person likes this.
  18. casper1

sorry, maybe true on buffs DM. I was referring to p40 vs. a6.
    casp

19. casper1

I have an idea for next scenario planning. Admin will post in forum for next event. Info,time ,date etc. They will need 2 CO volenteer. (example... Mixer , vasco). After 2 Co's have been chosen, pilots may then sign under 1 of the CO. The Co should have time allowance to form a battle plan and assign duties to the pilots under his command.
    Fields will not open until start time. Players entering late should report directly to CO upon arrival.
    I can see maybe that Co will probably not be able to fly but can command and hopefully execute a succesful strike. This is just an idea and maybe all can build on it.
    Thanks all and keep giving feedback
    Casp

1 person likes this.
  20. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

I think too that having a CO in tower would be really great. it's hard to command and fly at the same time.