The Dieppe Raid, Aug 19, 1942

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by looseleaf, Aug 19, 2013.

1. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

2. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

There are no schools, no parks, no hospitals, no bridges, etc, named after Bertie Mountbatten. Not in my country. [least ways I don't think so, I have never seen any....]
    I know it wasn't entirely his fault, but he could have called it off at any time, no matter the pressures on him, from above, it was his show, his word to go or not.
    No-one else.
    Canadian soldiers never trusted British command after that raid.
    Fuck, they had to learn all over again what they found out at the Somme.
    The Birts are not war winners.
    The Colonies had to save their asses. And now we are done with them, we have another Big Brother.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  3. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Yep. Canada people don't like England. Or the Monarchy. Ridiculous what happened at Hong Kong. Canadian troops under Brit control = bullshit.

Canadians at Dieppe were guinea pigs for D-Day. Just a stupid, purposeless raid. Ask any Canadian who was there...no bombardment of beaches, extremely optimistic military orders..ie "oh yeah just let the Canadian commandos climb up this cliff and take it over, don't worry about machine guns. So what if there are stones on the beach and tank tracks just spin in this shit until there get blown up"

http://www.glogster.com/hayhay58c/dieppe-raid/g-6l3uph3af9j3tthoi332ja0

4. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

In my Google Plus page I wrote:

August 19, 1942
    Dieppe, France.
    Canadians sent out to die in great piles on a rocky beach, the shitty British tanks foundering on rocks, the British Navy standing off and hitting their rum rations. RAF having a bad day and doing aerobatics, not Ground-Support of our troops.
    Commanded by Bertie Mountbatten, a royal fuck-head no schools and no bridges and no hospitals are named after, no monuments erected in his memory in Canada. Another Hapsburg chinned club boy, and Canucks have never before and never since trusted the British.

If you guys ever see me disappear from this lot, you might want to go look at my Google+ page if I am alive. If I am not alive, it will still be there for a while, until they take my words down.
    Most of the people using G+ are retarded Yankees and I get no feedback from those ill-educated spoon fed ninnies.

5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

always wondered why dieppe was not an international attempt.
    moreover, i wonder why canada agreed to undertake it alone.

6. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

It was a raid, not an invasion......

Canadian men are doers. Results oriented. The result of being stationed in England to guard it from invasion were wrecked pubs and lots of Englishmen with broken faces, punched up by said Canucks. They were animals. They are said to have been volunteers, that is a load of bullshit, they were drafted, the volunteer thing was a Canuck soldier in a camp in the tundra being offered a trip to somewhere better, or he could stay in the camp, in the Tundra. So they volunteered to get on ships and go 'Over There.' And when getting 'there' discovered their pay wasn't enough to stay drunk and started drinking drain cleaner.
    And all there was to eat was beats, cabage and potatos. Canucks were, once again, told that they could volunteer to go over there. So they gave it a try and got a good kick in the face by Wermacht at Dieppe.
    The survivors went back to England and began writing letters home saying things like:
    For Fucks Sake, Ottawa, embrace the Yankees, at least they have cannon and tanks that can move and airplanes that do more than aerobatics.
    If the Canadians weren't sent over to somewhere, anywhere, for a fight, they would have continued beating the shit out of undernourished Englishmen in pubs. And let us not forget the bastard children they concieved. Healthy [healthier] English men were in North Africa. Their wives weren't.

I mean to say, there were lessons learned, even if by mistake.
    Canada learned that Yankees are also results oriented and JUST GET THE JOB DONE, or at least back then they did.
    By the time of the Normandy landing, Canadian soldiers were SICK AND TIRED OF POTATOES AND BEETS AND CABBAGE and had had four years to train.
    FOUR YEARS.
    Four years to be really pissed off, they wanted to go home and Berlin was en route.

7. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Tabarnac de Chrisse! ;)

8. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Pronounced:
    Tabernackee, or tabernack
    Most Quebec frogs* won't use His name in vain. Not unless they are shot and bleeding out.
    And those frogs, most of em, almost started a civil war here, because they didn't want to fight for His Majesty.
    I don't blame them.
    Popular history applauds the 'sturdy broad shoulders habitants in their mighty effort in support of His Majesty.
    Well, most of the young guys who went 'over there' did it for the pay and becuase of a thing called CONSCRIPTION [see Army Camps In The Tundra, above].

Je déteste tout les anglais, ce sont des cons!

:eek:

*affectionate [sure] slang meaning French Speaking

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  9. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

Biles do you speak french?

10. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Non, j'utilise google traducteur.....

Et lire boite de cereles

[Quebec francais n'est pas francais]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  11. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

j'propose google glass pour ton android. cet logiciel peux traduire les inscriptions, je pense.

12. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Je suis propriétaire d'aucun android

13. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Let's not forget who "Dickie Mountbatten" really was: Real name until 1917: His Serene Highness Prince Louis of Battenberg !!!!

His grandfather managed the German Navy plans for WW1. He was the grandson of Queen Victoria and had to be hidden during the Great War as the Brits called he family "the royal Germans".

14. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Well, old Fred the great had his subjects marching in lockstep like a bunch of fuckin nazis and the English ruling class thought it might be a good idea to welcome them into the fold. It is pretty hard for that lot to avoid getting The Chin and hemophilia and other defects, from all their cousin-fucking. Royals are like Rhotwieler dogs. They fall apart unless they get some common blood into their lines. And that just ain't happening, you know what happened when Eddie number seven married a commoner, eh?
    I really wish Canada would do like Aussies did. Turned their backs on royalty, now royals are just a circus come to visit.
    Here, we pretend to have a Queen, but it is nothing but a pretense. Time to cut them off, we are in the Americas and don't look back. We are not has-beens.
    My old mum was surprised I didn't know the name of the new Habsberger, the one that was just born. I told her that few of my generation does. She didn't believe me. I said, ask! And she did.
    Any Canuck can travel in the most powerful nation on earth and no-one would ever make sheep sounds as we trod along [on the way to the bank, to buy up all the defaulted mortgages.....:rolleyes:].
    Canada has a good racket goin on. One day the yanks are gonna force us to make a choice.

I don't mind the British people but their royals are only here to stupid Canadian women can jack off looking at pictures of Charles and Lady Die...
    I swear, the royals are a fad long past, and now time for us to embrace Lady Gaga, the true queen!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  15. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

16. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I didn't know this guy before I just read the Wikipedia article, but from what I'm reading there it seems that he was fiercely loyal to the Empire. Or am I misreading your post?

17. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

yeah, was argumentum ad hominem.
    Mountbatten was moved to the far east and his command there performed much better. He commanded alongside The Auk, the commander transferred out of Egypt, after first Battle of El Alamein. The two bothe performed MUCH better there, than they did in Europe and N Africa respectively. China Burma India may have been a backwater but those two commanders took their jobs seriously there.
    Some even think outstanding effort. he had command in the, I believe it was, Indian Ocean. Aggressive operations In support of China Burma India theatre. He was admired by the Indians. Who are not to be discounted.... The Nipponese had to look over the shoulders all the time, because of a second [or fifth] front.
    I read a biography about him and the author took the position that Bertie learned from his mistakes.
    Still Dieppe is remembered by Canadians. Maybe not Indians.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013