The Guitar Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by Jacobe, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Well, one get's what one ask's.Thanks for your comment, allthought I didn't truely get what you meant,but well, the song was allmost all improvised, and from my part totally improvised.

2. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

A fundamentally great display of technique. I'm not an expert and I couldn't tell where you were going with it but it is a great sound.

You should do more work and refine your direction.

A cool sound non-the-less. :cool:

3. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Thnx for your comment LL. I liked to play with those 2 nutcases (they played allways stoned, since they are just few sick fk's but so was/am I too)

btw, that's the only recording ever where I was complitely high from cann-abis.

4. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Hey Jacobe, you might like this tune, it is an old rush song...I used to play this in a band back in 85? It is amazing live..Alex Lifeson goes very mental on guitar..By-tor and the snow dog

:super:

5. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

sorry, youtube says rights owned bu UMG, not available in my country...:dura:

6. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Relax when playing. Is what I meant ;) Anyway, I know you have good taste in guitarists :)

It's interesting, how different styles and aesthetic show depending upon area of upbringing. For example, you didn't go to high school at my school and drive a big gas-guzzling car, faster than you should have driven. Really, we had 8-track tapes in car stereos when I went to school.

We listened to this stuff.

But I think this is relaxed :)

BTW, can I visit you if I go to Finland, please? Want to see Finland.

Rverything I write sound too gringo, lol

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  7. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Of course, you are welcome, I can let you stay at my house, just lemme know when you have arrived my beloved home country mr.Uncles. :)

8. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

An interesting story about Pete Townshend of The Who and David Gilmour of Pink Floyd..they were trying to figure out how to play "Save it for later" by the English beat but couldn't figure out the tuning..Pete actually called up the guy who wrote the song (Dave Wakeling) and asked him..Dave told him it was not DADGAD (a standard alternate non EADGBE tuning) like everybody thought. It was actually DADAAD..
    hmmm.

I know what Pete was going through because years ago when I was 19 I tried to learn "Big generator" a song by Yes on a 5 string, thinking all along that the lowest note must have been low B, but it didn't sound right..then one day Chris Squire said he had his 5 string tuned to low A..well that's what was screwing me up....Now I can detect low frequencies big time..got my hands on a 5 string tuned low F#,B,E,A..Tuned it by ear.., no harmonics, guy in the music store couldn't believe it.

Save it for later. Original song by the English Beat
    Pete Townshend's version
    how to play it- listen and watch the first 5 seconds..open strings are DADAAD, yes 2 high A's

P.S.
    I met a very tall brunette with very stylish hair. I told her "normally I hit on busty blonds but since you're so tall and stylish I though I'd say hello"
    She freaked on me and said "Busty blonds huh? I wouldn't use the washroom after the girls you've been with, and I don't even sit on the seat"
    I told her "You haven't met any of the girls I've been with, and I wouldn't use the washroom after some the girls I've been with either". She looked at me kinda weird and I took another deep gulp of hard whiskey whatever it was.
    I asked her if someone forgot her birthday or if she was always like this.
    After that I somewhat blacked out.

Laugh now folks. One day Mcloud will be dead and you will miss his contributions. People who can make other people laugh fuck it nevermind I will be with Van Gogh one day. I have my music, The whiskey is cold, smooth, and burns a warmth in me I feel fine now, goin for a walk after I click "save changes".

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  9. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

thnx for post.do you have an account @ youtube mcloud & sometimes tolerately mcquiet?

10. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

11. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  12. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

13. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

This song we recorded last night is bit out of topic cause there is no guitar exept that bass guitar which I play.Totti plays piano, Raymond plays drums and Unski who won the offcial 'Anti-Finlandia' trophy for the worst book written in finland that year. (Finlandia trophy is given every year for the best book of the year.) Anyhow, the song starts pretty slowly but just wait, things start happening soon.

The song to which I gave a 'working' name is 'Parisian addict'.

The singer Unski does'nt allthought know french language allmost at all but he anyhow sings & spells the whole damn composition in french language.

Feel free to comment, and if anyone of you dear people can understand french, please tell me what this song is about.and I wish the link I give here works, if not please tell me..

Pothats - Parisian Addict

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  14. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

15. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

16. Higgns

Higgns Well-Known Member

17. Higgns

Higgns Well-Known Member

18. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member