The Guitar Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by Jacobe, Jul 26, 2005.

1. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I saw 'Going For The One' in Pacific Colosseum in yeah I don't remember. It was the worst concert I have ever seen. I thought I would see Rick Wakeman before he went to nirvana or wherever he was headed..... I got to, yeah, him doing his fuckin Keith Emerson invitation, dressed up like a messiah. I would have loved it except the rest of the show was terrible and I was in a bad mood by then, and most of the [Vancouver audience] crowd was ready to riot. Not having been paid good money to be lulled to sleep by a bunch of fuckin has-beens. Oh, after that abortion of an album, they did make one more that was any good, any good to some of my friends, who were idiots, but I was sick of it after months of hearing it's screechy discord on the radio and didn't go see them [A THIRD TIME].
    That was the worst album I have ever heard in my life, no, not the worst I have ever heard.... shit, um, wait, um, the biggest letdown from any band I ever loved. Little River Band didn't let me down because I already new they were terrible when my stupid hick girlfriend convinced me to buy the tickets - she had dentures, I had never been with a women with no front teeth before, so she was good for something, I don't remember her name, so she wasn't good for anything else....

Of course, The Six Wives Of Henry VIII was good...

I am so glad that night I didn't use any drugs [pot I did not consider a drug]. I only saw one other show [from a Big Box Band] that let me down as much as Yes. I saw them twice, first time, I was stupid, I though Wakefield was part of the band, he wasn't, not when I did pay money for him and wouldn't have if that other fag was on the keys.
    Letdowns, cocksuckers and 20 bucks for dinner and drinks and a show and cab fare home, I am getting old....

More rant, I am not done yet.....
    Styxx in that terrible sucky "Paradise Theater...." Man that fuckin singer guy, I don't remember his name, was so full of himself, he was leaping around and and commanding the audience to sing along and shit. He didn't seem to get it that nobody was going too sing along with him or the band during that terrible show. I think the MEN in the audience were there because their wives and girlfriends had screeched at them until they got tickets.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  2. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

I added A song to Utube.Bout 13 mins but worth it and one of the best guitarin' I've heard imho.He's style to improvise...

Pat Martino - Sortice

btw, what 'sortice' mean? Or does it mean something in english/american english? :dunno: :(

3. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  4. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Here's a song I played Bass and Guitar...it needs melody & solo, pls play those if want...

Jac - Wet Loose shoes (base)

And another one.I programmed a Guitar synth and put one drum loop in under :dura:, this is also not ready, just a 'pohjat' (base) needs more playing thought... :umff:

Enchanted Valley (base)

5. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

This is just a test does film clips work in photobucket...

Audio Resonance

6. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

GOD DAMN IT!
    That fucking clip gave me a siezure

hahahaha.
    Hey, what does that pedistal do if it is a NON-geometric shape, say randomly chosen, inspired by a cracked hunk of dehidrated swamp mud?
    Also, what if the pedistal were not a flat surface, but instead, a gemoetric plane.
    Also, what if the pedistal were a random, NON-geometric plane, like, um, a hardened blob of resin.
    What would a thing like that do if it were shaped randomley, as above and it's surface were cotten batting..... or a wad of shower-drain-found hair?

There is a big difference between biliards and buckshot, eh?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  7. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

The Great Fungus you mean?

Share & Define Your Symptoms of that particular moment plese.

Please in finnish ok? What means 'pedistal' 'gemoetric'(spell error i guess) 'resin' and 'cotten batting' ??

-thnx in advance man.

8. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

and did you listen these? Tell me how ill I am pls

9. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

I found a Vocoder. That mighty unleashable thing Cher loves to use to hide her wrinkles and crinkles.

I used it to guitar.

Made Freehost Blues.

It's not Blues. It's Yellows. Dedicated to all fart for brains allaround here. ;) j/k all u healthysouls. :UU:

FreeHost Blues ( & Yellows)

PS. It's vid on u tube...some pics too :dura:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  10. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

sigh

[​IMG]

11. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Remember that BUNNY Hezey? :)

12. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I remember Elena.
    We were pen pals for a long time. Life's events flowed over, like a Tsunami wave. She had some other and more important things [duties] to attend to. Pay all of her attention to piloting her ship of life and her crew.
    I don't envy her, and especially in Very Catholic Spain.
    She was [I bet is still] interesting: intelligent, pleasant and tragic. I wonder if that great woman ever comes here and pokes around, not letting anyone know?
    I had zero memory of most of my own stuff past twenty years after I awoke from my own personal tsunami. Guess what? I didn't forget her. I remembered her when I awoke, the same way I remembered my sisters, and many old friends and relatives and too, habits, as if bred in the bone.
    Which means she was very important to me. And if she was, then she still is.
    I miss our exchanges. I miss chatting with her. I guess, I miss her. We never got to hug. There are lots of people I never got to hug. And lots I never will hug.

Biles

PS: Hey Girly!
    If you are still lurking here, you have my hotmail email address. Send me a hello someday. It would bring me great joy to hear from you again. I have a void that needs filling, honey.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  13. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Yea, nice thoughts and reply, but did u recognize any other great fh'er in that vid? (no offence to any1 btw :) )

14. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I dunno if I recognized anyone except that Great Lady. I know that my picture wasn't in it.......
    I bet some others recognized some others.
    Pray tell....

15. Higgns

Higgns Well-Known Member

Cher used anteras autotune with the controls set to hard correction.

16. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Why the hell didn't anyone I know hear the faked tonal changes in Cher's voice when she was sham-singing. Shit. I would say, "Listen, that is a fuckin machine!" And people around me would say, "No way, man, she has a great voice!" Well, I could hear that machine. I thought it was obvious!
    Cher had a nice voice, and she looked good in 1969. But in 200x she is an old plastic bag and she should have retired a long time ago, gracefully, she is become a caracature.

17. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

I'm an young untampered plastic bag Hezey, but since I got this acoustic I tried to play the blues for you. Blues is not blue, it's somewhere between black and orange as I it feel.

yamalues 28.1.11

18. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Here's a song I made 2003, guitar howlin', u might hear this sht b4, but I just put it to utube with some pics and a story of making that kinda sht in the 1st place kinda..

Lenny Lighstoned (monotomia)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

pls rate it to sht and 0 stars..ok?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  19. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Any acoustic guitar afficionados here? What do you like better the Gibson Dove or the Gibson hummingbird. I am leaning toward the dove because it has a little longer neck, slightly truer tones..more like a grand piano..but the hummingbird is something else..I listen to Angie by the stone and it was done with a hummingbird..Jimmy page used a hummingbird too sometimes...

What to buy?..
    hmm..

"Blackbird" on a Gibson Hummingbird shit sound quality (welcome to the modern era)
    Zeppelin on a gibson Dove. I know its not in tune. I am talking about guitars here not people.

20. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Hi. dunno id there any players here, but here's one backing track i kinda composed when bored.

A part : Dm7 - Db7#9 - C9 (no 3rd) - B7#9#5

B part : F13 - Ab13 - B13 - D7#5

Would be cool to hear some1 improvize and/or compose of melody to that crappy sad emphatic chord scene ...

D.M. backing loop 1min 23s (loop it in winamp or whateva)